RAFA FAITH-O-METER Mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Rafa faith-o-meter mark 2 - Lets see how every one feels now.

10. he is god
15%
9. he is hercules
13%
8. he is great
27%
7. he done ya wife but you would forgive him
4%
6. he won't win prem but we love him any ways
3%
5. he is good
4%
4. he almost there
18%
3. he is frank spencer
7%
2. he ate all the pie's
6%
1. he's lost the plot
3%

Total votes : 71

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Owzat wrote:We wanted a manager to win the league, his title challenges have come off the rails long before the finishing line. He's spent a lot of money, brought in some dodgy players and we're still no closer to sorting out the full-backs, wingers and in fact we're down to one striker worth mentioning. Add that to all the doubts over his tactics, team selection and it boils down to more than just his ability, or should I say inability, to win games.

yeah your right - get shut of him. I really dont give a monkey's left bollok anymore
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:04 pm

number 7 for me
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:45 pm

NUMBER 8 FOR ME
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 pm

I gave him an eight but maybe seven is more realistic. I think that anyone that gives a 10 or 0 should not be taken too seriously. As for the edit Sabre, leave the question as it is as it shows more class!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

7 for me
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm

gave a 7.....has brought us trophies, maybe not the most important one but has improved in the league especially this season and without Torres/Gerrard playing together alot of the time......

i can see why some would say he should be alot closer after this long but other teams don't stand still while we play catch up in terms of quality.

he is not without faults though for sure.....id give him another season at the very least
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:18 pm

It's a 3, and that's being generous. Letting him sign a new contract will be a disaster for the club IMHO. It took me an awful long time to see the light, too long infact as I allowed my loyalty to excuse numerous failings. It wasn't even as if I didn't see the failings, I pointed them out on here but still chose to ignore the body of evidence.

Since I've finally admitted what my head has been telling me for some time, and forgot that the heart says Liverpool fans stays loyal to every manager, it has become clearer by the day. This Rafalution is no well planned, meticulous assault on the summit of English football, it is a shambolic rag tag of mish mashed policies, skewed signings, ridiculous team selections, farcical sales in the market without replacements. There has been blame mongering at every turn, finger pointing "it wasn't me it was him, I never wanted him honest", cringeworthy childishness and small mannery has become the order of the day. Self obbsession has ruled the roost at the expense of the club, culminating in advising players not to sign contracts until he's sorted out his own "deal". How many fans of other teams in England would rejoice if they woke up tomorrow morning to find Rafa Benitez as their new manager? Not many in my opinion. He has become an embarassment to the club, and I don't like the man anymore as well as the football manager.

Sorry, but you did ask.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:19 pm

What's with the 0 option "I was right in my after CL Letter. Clueless. Goodriddance."

What's that about, after CL letter?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm

That was Peewee who wrote an open letter to rafa telling him where he could improve. I've absolutely no doubt that someone will cut and paste it here Eff. The funny thing is, that although he had the p!ss ripped out of him mercilessly over it, it might actually be interesting to revisit it now and see where it sits today. Had he have said "In the next four years if you carry on as you are, we are only going to win 1 trophy, and it'll be the FA Cup. What's more, we are not going to come anywhere near winning the Premiership, and by the end of the five year period we will only have 1 striker at the club" people would have laughed at him, and rightly so. If he'd also said that despite that, anybody who was starting to have doubts would get slaughtered by the majority of fans, despite the fact the Mancs were about to DRAW LEVEL with our title win haul, people would have thought it was a tragi-comedy.

It is.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:25 pm

Not enough options, why not 50?
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 pm

Alex G. wrote:Not enough options, why not 50?

You seem from Bilbao lad.  :D

The reason is obvious, we talk too much of Pros and antis when most of the positions are much milder than that.

For instance, not many 9 or 10, so ok, Lando is out, I could not vote, but it seems that the myth that a good bunch of people do not see mistakes in the manager is not entirely true. Or true at all.

Most of the people, even in favour or against he stays, are able to see good things, and bad things. And call me a romantic, but I wanted to break that White/Black approach to the Rafa debate.

Why not 50? You cannot have more than 10 options, and I'm too lazy to do that anyway.

:D
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:46 pm

I voted 7
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Effes wrote:What's with the 0 option "I was right in my after CL Letter. Clueless. Goodriddance."

What's that about, after CL letter?

It's what Bigmick explained, more or less, each of us could tell the story with our own tune.

At the time I found it too harsh since, just the days after a huge achievement like the fifth, which was a glorious achievement, it didn't seem to be the best moment for harsh criticism. I don't remember the ins and outs the tiny details of the letter, I only remember it to be vaguely too harsh. Wasn't meant as a super dig, that is, in number 10 I tried to put the other extreme as a proRafa cliche, and as Peewee is the oldest critic of Rafa I can remember and never quite got fickle about that, I chose that sentence for number 0 in terms of trust.

Of course, then taking it as a dig is an interpretation of the readers (others can consider it a mild joke), but no offence intended.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alex G. » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:56 pm

Sabre wrote:
Alex G. wrote:Not enough options, why not 50?

You seem from Bilbao lad.  :D

:D
Alex G.
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

My answer was a 7 although I could have gone for a 6 I guess. I don't think a change of manager would be a good thing with the current owners in charge and i'm sticking to that. Surely they will be gone in the next 12 months? If a change needs to be made then, so be it.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion