Rafa "4 in, 2 or 3 to come..... - ....and i want gerrard to stay 4 life"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:33 pm

Rafa has just confirmed Zenden, Barragan, Reina and Gonzalez have all signed deals and described Reina as the best keeper in spain and Gonzalez as the best player from Chile he also said there will be 2 or 3 new signings later in the week and that he wants Gerrard to be here in 5 years time and then wants him to become a coach or even assistant manager, or he can be chief scout if he wants! He said he wants Gerrard for Life.

This is exactly what i wanted Rafa to come out with today and made up he has stood up and give the press exactly what i wanted to hear....Doesnt sound like the dream fight the papers made up happened after all.

Love to hear what anyone else things of this...Personally i think this is just what we have needed today, Rafa as positive as ever.

This is from Liverpoolfc.tv
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:35 pm

LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:36 pm

:)
115-1073096938

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:39 pm

there is bound to be at least one big name coming in hopefully not a centre mid to replace stevie.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:52 pm

:cool: How smart and good did our rafa look :cool: I feel a bit better now after hearing his words. :)
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:19 pm

Definatley a good posative responce from Rafa. I think if you see Pablo Aimar in the next few days then wave bye bye to SG
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymac » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:31 pm

bavlondon wrote:Definatley a good posative responce from Rafa. I think if you see Pablo Aimar in the next few days then wave bye bye to SG

Can i just say somethin and this is not aimed at you bavlondon mate, every thread i have been on today, every single thread as boiled down to one thing....Gerrard leaving, lets just look at the positives for once 4 new signings Rafa looks great and sounds like hes been workin hard all summer (totally agree CGGY!!!) there is a couple of new signings to come, he wants to groom Gerrard as the next Liverpool manager and Zenden says the biggest influnce on him signing was not money or the manager or the club (although they all played a part) it was us the fans......Zenden top marks on your 1st day mate!!!
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:05 pm

Good to hear, although if 3/4 more players coming this week, then I doubt they are going to be midfielders, bearing in mind that we now have...Alonso, garcia, Kewell, Gerrard, Gonzales, Nunez, Hamann, and Zenden.

maybe a striker, and another defender?

I always knoew RAFA had the right stuff, right from the moment he told Danny Murphy he wasnt going to play much before a ball was kicked last season.!

RAFA IS THE GAFFA!
:eyebrow  :eyebrow
65-1114725958

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:11 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:I always knoew RAFA had the right stuff, right from the moment he told Danny Murphy he wasnt going to play much before a ball was kicked last season.!

that sounds strangely like somthing the Hustler would have said.  ???  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:14 pm

LFC #1 wrote:
Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:I always knoew RAFA had the right stuff, right from the moment he told Danny Murphy he wasnt going to play much before a ball was kicked last season.!

If Hustler was still with us , my money would be on Pablo   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:17 pm

yes I was just thinking the same, with his "I would be an adequate replacement for Gerrard" comment, Hustler continualyl banged on baout being better than Ballack and Danny Murphy.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kops_revolution » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:18 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Good to hear, although if 3/4 more players coming this week, then I doubt they are going to be midfielders, bearing in mind that we now have...Alonso, garcia, Kewell, Gerrard, Gonzales, Nunez, Hamann, and Zenden.

maybe a striker, and another defender?

I always knoew RAFA had the right stuff, right from the moment he told Danny Murphy he wasnt going to play much before a ball was kicked last season.!

RAFA IS THE GAFFA!
:eyebrow  :eyebrow

i dun think it is too many midfielder in Liv right no. first, nunez jus the bench warmer, hamman is not young to play for more than 50 matches a season, kewell is injury prone. actually we do need a right winger as we do not have the right candidates except garcia.
kops_revolution

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:33 pm

So, that's a keeper, a wide-left midfielder, a right winger and a full back...sounds reasonable.  I wonder who the others will be.  My guess would be back-up for Hyppia (Upson and others have been mentioned), a stiker (IF Rafa's planning to offload Baros) and possibly even another full-back.

We'll see, but I wouldn't be against another English player to be honest.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby L-type » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:43 pm

Well who are the signings he's already made?  Hobbes hasn't signed yet, and if he does it will be a youth contract because he's under 18(?)  Baraga I think just turned 18 so he is one of the signings, followed by Roque who won't have a proffessional contract as he's 16.  and we have Zenden.  So are these four the players we have signed?  It seems odd because 2 of them don't even have professional contracts.
    But if you count any kind of contract a signing then the 3 signings to come are....

Hobbes
xxxx
Myself  :p
Last edited by L-type on Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:48 pm

LFC #1 wrote:

I haven't the foggiest what you mean! 

Maybe this Hustler guy just lives on in these forums in spirit, as so many legends do.

I heard him say he was better than Murphy too!

Not difficult tho

:D
65-1114725958

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion