Positives

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:33 pm

Sabre wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:There are none apparently , might aswell throw meself under the next train to Hunts Cross. Bye Bye then , it's been emotional. :down:

There are worse things than reaching CL finals and having a pair of cúnts as chairman.

You might aswell have another local club, relegated, with a cúnt as a chairman and without a fúcking penny  :D Cheer up!

For me, one of the most positive things I see is that our important players want to stay. Even Alonso, who hasn't received total support from Rafa isn't wishing to leave Anfield. Mascherano wants to stay, Torres wants to stay, Gerrard want to stay.

I think all of them are demanding professionals that wouldn't want to stay if they wouldn't see chances to win silverware here, so that is comforting to me.

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher admits he could walk away from Anfield

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 3:20 PM on 02nd September 2008

Never say never: Carragher
Jamie Carragher has admitted that hecould - at some stage - leave Liverpool.

The 30-year-old defender has spent his entire career at Anfield but he told the Daily Mirror: 'People go on about how loyal I am to Liverpool. But it's not a question of loyalty. It's a question of "where am I going to go from Liverpool?"

'We're one of the best teams in the world and I'm playing every week.

'I'm not saying I want to leave Liverpool, but if Liverpool weren't that good and a great team like Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for me I might go, because I've always driven myself to play at the best level I can.'
account deleted by request

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:36 pm

Feck didnt think I would ever hear him say that. Well to be honest with the way things are going here I wouldnt want to keep him from any aspirations. Its not like he is going to win anything here any time soon.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:38 pm

that doesnt seem like something carra would say to me .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:40 pm

FFS!! S@int, I'm going to believe my jinx!

Excuse me but that must be the most shocking quotes of Carra, I'd never expect that from him!

I don't know how to take that quotes to be honest, the ones LFC posted the other day about us not competing in some positions with other clubs were quite shocking aswell. Maybe it's the way the captain has to press the yanks to spend money in signings?
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Carra grew up an Evertonian didn't he?
JoeTerp

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:09 pm

I doubt Garragher will be attracting interest from Madrid or Barca in the January window! Maybe he is touting himself for a move mind  :;):

Seriously though we have done very well as a club at times and there are far worse off than us but bottom line is deep down I almost expect to be top dogs and that feeling is not likely to go away until we claim back our mantle.

Trouble is we have so many issues right now its hard to see how its going to happen and news from Man City left me feeling kicked in the guts and thinking god I wish that was us. All the specualtion and strife trying to get a couple of wide men in and wham they buy two, and Robinho one at that, within hours, easy as pie and no worries.

Football fans live in hope and mostly misplaced faith and some how part of me still thinks we can get our lads out there and challenge even though its unlikely to happen.

For me the only positive is knowing that I will always beleive we can be the best again and that shall always keep me going.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:14 pm

JoeTerp wrote:Carra grew up an Evertonian didn't he?

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher - at one time Everton's biggest fan - can't stand the Toffees now

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:50 AM on 02nd September 2008

The one-time self-confessed 'Biggest Blue in Bootle', admits in an interview with the Daily Mirror: 'Losing the derby is worse than losing any other game. My passion has gone full circle.

'I was made up on the first day of the season when Blackburn scored that late winner at Goodison. We were getting ready to play Sunderland and it gave me a big lift.'

This from the 11-year-old who, when Michael Thomas scored the last-gasp winner at Anfield in 1989 to deny Liverpool the title, celebrated in delirious fashion, applauding lads who scrawled 'Thank You Arsenal' on the wall of a Bootle pub.

'I was a total Everton fanatic right through my childhood and teens,' says the defender who went on to play over 500 games for Liverpool.

'Everton controlled my life and dominated my thoughts 24/7. I went to the away games, followed them across Europe and in the mid-80s went to Wembley so often it began to feel like Alton Towers.

'When I talk about that Everton team I still say 'we'. Even when I was playing for Liverpool reserves I'd want Everton's first team to win the derby every time.'

The 2005 European Cup winner's love for the Toffees has firmly disappeared.

He added: 'I hate what they sing about Steven and his family. It's disgusting and goes way beyond the kind of banter that's acceptable in life, not just football.

'Robbie Fowler suffered the same type of scandalous taunts which really hurt him and his family. I'm not saying Liverpool fans are blameless because they're not. They dish out abuse during games with our rivals too. But it ends when the game ends.

'Evertonians spread the lies around the streets of Liverpool and chant them whether they're playing us, Reading or Portsmouth.

'I even hear it on the telly when they're playing away in Europe and I think that could be my family they're singing about.'

Postby faldo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 pm

oh no ...never mind the bit about leaving.put the  the phrase :  I'm not saying I want to leave Liverpool, but if Liverpool weren't that good and a great team like Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for me I might go, because I've always driven myself to play at the best level I can:  into google it takes you to liverpool official website. where he says he respects fergie the most and loves him.....i guess we will be putting in another great show against manu? ???? ???
faldo

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm

s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Carra grew up an Evertonian didn't he?

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher - at one time Everton's biggest fan - can't stand the Toffees now

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:50 AM on 02nd September 2008

The one-time self-confessed 'Biggest Blue in Bootle', admits in an interview with the Daily Mirror: 'Losing the derby is worse than losing any other game. My passion has gone full circle.

'I was made up on the first day of the season when Blackburn scored that late winner at Goodison. We were getting ready to play Sunderland and it gave me a big lift.'

This from the 11-year-old who, when Michael Thomas scored the last-gasp winner at Anfield in 1989 to deny Liverpool the title, celebrated in delirious fashion, applauding lads who scrawled 'Thank You Arsenal' on the wall of a Bootle pub.

'I was a total Everton fanatic right through my childhood and teens,' says the defender who went on to play over 500 games for Liverpool.

'Everton controlled my life and dominated my thoughts 24/7. I went to the away games, followed them across Europe and in the mid-80s went to Wembley so often it began to feel like Alton Towers.

'When I talk about that Everton team I still say 'we'. Even when I was playing for Liverpool reserves I'd want Everton's first team to win the derby every time.'

The 2005 European Cup winner's love for the Toffees has firmly disappeared.

He added: 'I hate what they sing about Steven and his family. It's disgusting and goes way beyond the kind of banter that's acceptable in life, not just football.

'Robbie Fowler suffered the same type of scandalous taunts which really hurt him and his family. I'm not saying Liverpool fans are blameless because they're not. They dish out abuse during games with our rivals too. But it ends when the game ends.

'Evertonians spread the lies around the streets of Liverpool and chant them whether they're playing us, Reading or Portsmouth.

'I even hear it on the telly when they're playing away in Europe and I think that could be my family they're singing about.'

:laugh:

Anyone else got an image of Saint sat at his computer with a giant folder of newsclippings--all carefully labeled and organized--just waiting for people to make a declaration so that he can pounce with an interview that provides the counterpoint!  :wwww
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm

faldo wrote:oh no ...never mind the bit about leaving.put the  the phrase :  I'm not saying I want to leave Liverpool, but if Liverpool weren't that good and a great team like Real Madrid or Barcelona came in for me I might go, because I've always driven myself to play at the best level I can:  into google it takes you to liverpool official website. where he says he respects fergie the most and loves him.....i guess we will be putting in another great show against manu? ???? ???

I admire Sir Alex Ferguson but I'd love to knock him off his f******* perch, says Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 11:18 AM on 02nd September 2008

Jamie Carragher 'loves' the figure most Scousers despise.
The Liverpool centre half has admitted that he loves Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

'I've got more respect for Ferguson than anyone else in the game. He's like a Scouser, really,' Carragher said in an interview with the Daily Mirror.

Mersey paradise: Anfield hero Carragher (left) reckons United manager Ferguson has a lot in common with the people of Liverpool

'He's funny, doesn't mind telling people to f*** off, and he even votes Labour. I love him.'

The ex-England defender admits that there is one ambition more than any other which drives him on: 'To knock Sir Alex Ferguson off his f****** perch'.

To consign Manchester United to a title wilderness, just as Fergie did to Liverpool.

And if he achieves it he doesn't want to be wearing a red shirt with 23 on his back, but a suit and tie.

Because although Carragher is confident he will win the Premier League as a Liverpool player, his real desire is to win it as a manager. And set up a new Anfield dynasty.

'It would be more of an achievement as manager because it would come about through my decisions,' said the 30-year-old, talking in his restaurant Cafe Sports England ahead of the launch of his book:Carra My Autobiography.

'It's like the ultimate football man's dream to be better than Ferguson because he is the master.

'I just hope he hangs around long enough to wait for me.'

Sorry for all the cut and pastes ..... last one

pmsl at BadBobs comments   :laugh:
Last edited by account deleted by request on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:23 pm

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He's done it again!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm

What a depressing few days this is turning out to be. What worries me most is that we all saw how close Stevie came to leaving for Chelsea last time. Just picture Man City getting to the same stage and then they come calling which they will. That Dr Fahaim has already said today he will bid 130Mil for Ronaldo and he wants Kaka and Torres too.If he manages to bring in several world class players, what player isnt going to want to play there if their own club is still languishing in 4th place. And thats just assuming we still get 4th place this year.
lol Only a few days ago so many were singing like numptys "We are top of the table". I am :censored: gutted.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby faldo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm

what next a double page spread of gerard saying he loves roy keane,combined with him trying to leave to go to chelsea after scoring an own goal by saying we would not win the champions league....nah that would never happen....is there anbody at the club who actually loves the damn club....i wondered what rafa was prattling on about when he brought fowler back and said he will be our gary neville...i'm like "we already have gerard and top dog carragher to do this"...guess not.
Last edited by faldo on Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faldo

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 pm

Positives? What positives? Sure we're fucked already. We have the spawn of Satan managing us who is mad and doesn't have a clue,  and have Dirk kuyt running about posing as a footballer.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby samurai3000 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:40 pm

good post i say another positive is were still in the title race at the moment.. lol
samurai3000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion