Owen - Transfer

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby robbie » Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:53 am

can anyone tell  me   the latest news concerning,micheal owen?
as he or will he sign a new contract?whats the latest to come out of anfield about him?and what do the kopites think? all the best robbie.
robbie
robbie

Postby supersub » Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:37 pm

I think Owen is waiting to see how the next couple of months go and then he starts new contract talks.He has said he could see himself at Anfield for a few years more and that this next contract will be the biggest and most important of his playing career,so he has to get it right.Whether it's at Liverpool or abroad we will have to wait and see.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kopper » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:13 pm

I think Owen will stay!  check this article I got from soccernet

Sunday, January 11, 2004
Owen hints at new Reds deal
Michael Owen has hinted that he will be ready to sign a new contract with Liverpool later this season.

The England striker, whose future has been subject of intense speculation, made his comeback from injury in the Reds' 1-0 win over Aston Villa at Anfield yesterday and afterwards insisted that 'everything is in place for me to stay'.

He said: 'It is very simple. We will not be sitting down until maybe February or March, because that is when my advisor is back in the country.

'It is not a coincidence that nothing has happened for a while. He had planned this break for years and years and when he is back we will sit down.

'I am no different to anyone else who has been offered a contract. As soon as he is back we are going to sit down and hopefully sort something out.'

Last week Owen's agent, Jon Holmes, claimed that Liverpool would be likely to lose their star player should they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.

But Owen made it clear he is receptive to what Liverpool are offering, and that staying put is very much an option. He continued: 'This is going to be the main contract of my career so it has to be right. I have a family to look after now. But I like the lads here and I like the management staff so everything is in place for me to stay.'
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Dom1 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 3:13 pm

I WILL BE REALLY SURPRISED IF OWEN IS STILL WEARING A LIVERPOOL SHIRT NEXT SEASONIT JUST SEEMS LIKE THE TIME FOR HIM TO GO.

HE HAS DONE ALL HE CAN FOR THE TEAM, AND HE IS A WORLD CLASS PLAYER(when he wants to be) AND HE NEEDS TO WIN SOME MAJOR TROPHIES...........and that just isnt gonna happen anytim soon at liverpool!! :)

dOM1
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:32 pm

Owen is a great player and Liverpool have been lucky to have him but I feel that he has done all he can for the side, if Liverpool doesn't do better then he will very likely leave, he plays his heart out but doesn't get enough support.  don't get me wrong some of the players offer great support on the pitch but the team doesn't work as a unit, if they can do that... BINGO! the side is challenging for the title again.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby kopper » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:56 pm

Maybe Im just stubborn, but I still think he will stay. :blues:
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:54 am

I certainly hope he does
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:25 pm

well i also hope he stays just because he is a great player!!

it wud be a shame to lose him to a foreign country!!
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Owzat » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:07 pm

I hope he doesn't try a McManaman on us. If we get offers of £25m + then we should consider them. Obviously there's no point selling him for £25m if we have to spend £30m to find someone to replace him, but the price could be pushed up if Real or Chelski show interest
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 3:20 pm

and that looks like what will probably happen anyway!!

Real madrid or Juventus a team like that!!

but you are right about the price for him anything above 25million has to be accepted for the sake of the club.

Dom1 :D
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby kopper » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:08 pm

I hope he doesn't try a McManaman on us

If he does than I would lose all the respect I have for him, and thats loads. If he is concerned about where we will be in 2 seasons and this is his reason for stalling, he should still lengthen his contract for at least a year or two with a clause that forces Liverpool to accept an offer of above 25-30 million. Which leaves both parties releaved if not happy.

But I still believe Owen will be wearing the Reds skipper for a while longer.
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:42 pm

I wouldn't be so sure;I think the lad is very undecided and his family might be the major factor in his decision.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 1:38 pm

I think if Liverpool can get a price worthy of Owen (around £30m) then Liverpool should consider it.  Of course if Owen wants to stay then they shouldn't sell him just because they get a good offer.  It would be hard to find a striker of his quality (unless they're playing for a side with less success) willing to move to a club without Champions League football who have won just one piece of silverwear in recent times.
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 4:16 pm

Good Point
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Feb 12, 2004 4:24 pm

If he doesen't sign by mid summer, then he should be sold.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion