On the gerrard front, look at it this way...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:30 pm

Any attempts to defend or justify the calamitous reign and farcical transfer dealings of Houllier fall on deaf ears with me. We've done this to death so I'm gonna move on. Stu's got some valid and informed opinions but on this one he's just plain wrong. If this was the only time I had ever read Stu's opinions I would say that he "has no knowledge of football whatsoever", however I know that he has so we'll just have to let him off.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:54 pm

I said it last season and repeated again not so long ago,the treble cup win was a wonderful achievement and a welcome change from the barren times previous,but that season only served to paper over the obvious cracks in the style of play employed by Houllier.Instead of building on the success of season 2000/2001,albeit with huge chunks of luck,Mr Houllier failed miserably to develop the team to compete at the highest levels except in one off situations i.e. the odd European game.The real measure of a great team,a team that will be admired throughout Europe and the world,a team that most of us,once again crave,the real measure is league titles,European titles...I've been to countless cup-finals and yes it is an enjoyable weekend away and I wouldn't pass them up if they came along,but let's get real..the holy grail is the championship and Gerard Houllier was not able to do it and it was everyone else's fault according to GARP.
    Charity Shields...trophy..do me a favour..it's just an excuse for a p**s up...

I'm sick of talking about the 120 million..most of it squandered....

stu put Houllier to bed and move on...

I'm bored of this .....pwwwhhhh!!!
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:05 pm

supersub wrote:stu put Houllier to bed

with a cup of cocoa and a hot water bottle?
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:09 pm

I'm trying to work our what pwwwhhhh!! means. I've never owned a mobile phone and FFS took me about two weeks to get me head round, (Now I have though, I use it all the time. Very urban, good for the old street cred.) So here goes, Please whenever we waste hours humming and Hahing over Houlliers Howlers...... No its not right is it?    ???
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:12 pm

That is exactly what it means...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:16 pm

thats odd, i thought it was

"puny whiteman without warmth having hidden his hat?"
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:19 pm

Thats the one James, you have it mate. I'm gonna try and stick it in amongst my conversation at every opportunity.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:13 pm

The UEFA Cup and FA cup wins were big successes in my book , and no-one can belittle them.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:20 pm

LFC #1 wrote:The UEFA Cup and FA cup wins were big successes in my book , and no-one can belittle them.

You weren't around then for the League Championships and European Cup wins?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:24 pm

i was only 3 when we won our last league championship :( , so the FA Cup and UEFA cup has been the biggest success I have seen as a supporter, that is why I still have a lot of respect for GH, although it was definately time for him to go.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:30 pm

It wasn't a dig at you LFC1, but to older supporters who lived during the glory days the "treble" of 2001 (1984 was a real treble) was not the great achievement that many Liverpool supporters make out.

Sure, I hugely enjoyed it, but its value has been over stated.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:35 pm

yeh i know, I feel unfortunate not ot have been alive during the "glory" years , and hope that one day we will return to the pinnacle of English and European football (hopefully under Rafa)   :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:37 pm

LFC #1 wrote:yeh i know, I feel unfortunate not ot have been alive during the "glory" years , and hope that one day we will return to the pinnacle of English and European football (hopefully under Rafa)   :)

I myself was there for most of the 1980s, but the likes of supersub and daglish remember the 1970s cup triumphs.

In many ways I have to say fair play to over seas supporters who started following the club in the 1990s because at least they cannot be accused of jumping on the band wagon!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:38 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
LFC #1 wrote:yeh i know, I feel unfortunate not ot have been alive during the "glory" years , and hope that one day we will return to the pinnacle of English and European football (hopefully under Rafa)   :)

I myself was there for most of the 1980s, but the likes of supersub and daglish remember the 1970s cup triumphs.

In many ways I have to say fair play to over seas supporters who started following the club in the 1990s because at least they cannot be accused of jumping on the band wagon!

I'm glad you said that.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:40 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:In many ways I have to say fair play to over seas supporters who started following the club in the 1990s because at least they cannot be accused of jumping on the band wagon!

you have no idea how many do though over here, the amount of manure fans there were when they won the CL in 1999 was astronomical.

I hate glory hunters.  :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion