On the gerrard front, look at it this way...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:56 am

We didn't fall on their ****** without Steven this year imo. We did exceptionaly well with Alonso and Hamann.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:18 am

Make no mistake about it, Alonso is a gem spotted by Rafa, but he does blow hot and cold sometime. Hamann is getting on a little and he cannot offer us the forward thrust like what Stevie does.
And to be honest, if we are serious about building a winning team, losing Gerrard will set us back considerably.

We didn't fall on their ****** without Steven this year imo.

Sorry don't agree A.B. if consider us equal to the likes of Chelski, ARSEnal and Manure right now. Jeez...we are 15 points behind the leader now and only 14 points above the rock bottom team, and to hammer it in 9 points behind the blueshite and it's still not half way throuogh the season yet ffs! How you consider this "exceptionaly well" fails me.  :angry:  :angry:
Last edited by Santa on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:49 pm

stu likes to talk out of his ****** im afraid

first of all sell gerrard and then ****** like houllier was a good manager for us

stu are u on drugs half the time, cause theres not many ppl that would agree with you i tell you that

A manager that wins the Uefa cup, FA Cup, League cup twice, Super cup and Charity shield is a bad manager? Sure thats why everyone done it!!!

They might mean nothing to you southern boy, but me being a scouser and actually being there to see my team do this meant something. It gave me great pride and joy and all of the games where things i'll never in my life forget. But being a gobshi**e like yourself.... why should anyone give a ****** if we win something ay?

Secondly where did i say sell Gerrard? I said it was a realistic option and wouldn't be the end of the club if we did. I also said i'd take £40m or more for him, but nothing less. I never once pushed or even called for him to be sold. Now shut up, get a clue and run along.
115-1073096938

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:14 pm

stu_the_red wrote:

first of all sell gerrard and then ****** like houllier was a good manager for us

stu are u on drugs half the time, cause theres not many ppl that would agree with you i tell you that

A manager that wins the Uefa cup, FA Cup, League cup twice, Super cup and Charity shield is a bad manager? Sure thats why everyone done it!!!

They might mean nothing to you southern boy, but me being a scouser and actually being there to see my team do this meant something. It gave me great pride and joy and all of the games where things i'll never in my life forget. But being a gobshi**e like yourself.... why should anyone give a ****** if we win something ay?

Secondly where did i say sell Gerrard? I said it was a realistic option and wouldn't be the end of the club if we did. I also said i'd take £40m or more for him, but nothing less. I never once pushed or even called for him to be sold. Now shut up, get a clue and run along.

Stu i'm a scouser, not a southerner and while i wouldnt say Houllier was a sh*te manager, i find it embarrassing when people go on about the F.A. cup  (won by Henchoz's handballs) the League Cup (penalty shoot out with Birmingham), the Super Cup (thats only one game) and the Community shield (one game also).

now that we've all seen the light with Benitez, its generally agreed that "Houllier football" was a joke. anyone who has been allowed to spend 120 million has not done that good  a job if we are now having to rebuild again.

any good manager that had 120 million to spend would have done a better job.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 pm

you still talk ****** stu

houllier wasn't a great manager and i agree there, 100 million and the team isn't any better really thats a bad manager

i think you're having a laugh, league cup, look how many times utd and arsenal have won the league cup in the last 5 or 6 years? its a joke that cup, and its laughable u calling that a great acheivement against 2nd string sides

and stu if u were really were wanting this club to go forward you really need to stop talking about mickey mouse cups for success, we are too big a club to be winning ****** like that, i'd rather win nothing for a couple of years and win the league than win the league cup 10 years in a row, the league is what we all want and the fa cup is crediable but not the league cup, i think u're a joke stu the stuff you come out with

and you never seem to be able to debate properly you always have to call fellow supporters all sorts of names, but it doesnt work against me, you've your opinion i've mine, if u dont agree then tough, i've as much right to express my opinion on here as anyone else, whether they're from outside anfield or from other part of the world or country
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:33 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:

Stu i'm a scouser, not a southerner and while i wouldnt say Houllier was a sh*te manager, i find it embarrassing when people go on about the F.A. cup  (won by Henchoz's handballs) the League Cup (penalty shoot out with Birmingham), the Super Cup (thats only one game) and the Community shield (one game also).

now that we've all seen the light with Benitez, its generally agreed that "Houllier football" was a joke. anyone who has been allowed to spend 120 million has not done that good  a job if we are now having to rebuild again.

any good manager that had 120 million to spend would have done a better job.

Agree with Jim, we did not succeed where it matters - Premier League and Champions league, that is a hell of an investment (120 mill) for relatively little success.

How Stu can quote Charity shield as an achievement is beyond me, it is a feckin friendly, at the beginning of the season, to run off some of that excess summer flab!! And as for the League Cup who cares, manure and the @rse have been playing their kids in that for years!! FA Cup?? Manure won that last year and said their season was a feckin failure!!

Lets get real everyone, look at the bigger picture, unless we win the trophies that matter, we will NEVER be back where we belong. I for one have written this season off, I am looking at progression from the team, match by match, and not looking at anything else, IF we do win anything this year, it will be a bonus.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:40 pm

The "five cups" season was great and should not be belittled at all by anyone as we were all going mental

Houllier then was a godsend so no re writing of History please

He just did not capitalise and bought the wrong players or could not manage them correctly and thats why he aint around anymore

Now weve got Rafa and the future ahead of us  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:50 pm

taff wrote:The "five cups" season was great and should not be belittled at all by anyone as we were all going mental

Houllier then was a godsend so no re writing of History please

He just did not capitalise and bought the wrong players or could not manage them correctly and thats why he aint around anymore

Now weve got Rafa and the future ahead of us  :)

"five-cups" my ar*e.  you know for a fact that makes t sound well better than it was.

can you honestly tell me the charity f*ckin shield and Super cup count. they are one game events!!!

the league cup has a little more merit cos its a run of games. its still nowhere near the calibre of F.A, champs league, or prem though.

no offence taff
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:57 pm

No offence taken Jim Beam

I know what you mean and the other two were a bonus hence the use of " "  :)

But at the time we were all very happy with him and thought this was going to be a springboard as in he;s sorted out our defence were gonna start playing better next season etc

But it never happened. I can see how people slag him off but can also see how Stu etc will defend him as he did do good things as well

The only thing that really bemuses me mind you is going on about him as he has left the club, now you can argue about the players and the money etc but were in Decemnber now and it is what it is things cannot be changed on that front.

Were in for the long haul with Raffa I hope and dont want us to be a whinge club still going on about Houllier.

We also have to remember that its the majority of his signings playing now
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:58 pm

Fair comment, however if you where playing in an FA cup final and the ball bounced in off your @rse for the winner with seconds to go, would it be any less special? Would you implore the referee to disallow the goal? I think not.

Every team will have had some luck on the way to winning a certain competition, it is football.

When Arsenal got that pen thru Pires diving against Portsmouth, did this make the fact that they went the season unbeaten void?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:10 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Fair comment, however if you where playing in an FA cup final and the ball bounced in off your @rse for the winner with seconds to go, would it be any less special? Would you implore the referee to disallow the goal? I think not.

Every team will have had some luck on the way to winning a certain competition, it is football.

When Arsenal got that pen thru Pires diving against Portsmouth, did this make the fact that they went the season unbeaten void?

i see eaxactly where you're comin from Leon. of course it doesnt take anythin away from the win, and we all know that every Liverpool fan went absolutely berserk when we won the F.A. cup.  the point i'm tryin to make is that its not a fair reflection of Houllier's management capability. of course everyone has luck, but people know if a team are lucky, or if they get their success becoz the manager's good. i'm not sayin Houllier wasnt good, butall this "fivecups" thing blows things beyond proportion a bit.
we didnt win the F.A cup cos Houllier was good manager. we won the F.A cup cos henchoz was a second goalie on the day!! (not forgetting Michael Owen of course)  the fact remains though that we won the F.A cup and no-one can take it away from us, that i agree with.
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:13 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:you still talk ****** stu

houllier wasn't a great manager and i agree there, 100 million and the team isn't any better really thats a bad manager

i think you're having a laugh, league cup, look how many times utd and arsenal have won the league cup in the last 5 or 6 years? its a joke that cup, and its laughable u calling that a great acheivement against 2nd string sides

and stu if u were really were wanting this club to go forward you really need to stop talking about mickey mouse cups for success, we are too big a club to be winning ****** like that, i'd rather win nothing for a couple of years and win the league than win the league cup 10 years in a row, the league is what we all want and the fa cup is crediable but not the league cup, i think u're a joke stu the stuff you come out with

and you never seem to be able to debate properly you always have to call fellow supporters all sorts of names, but it doesnt work against me, you've your opinion i've mine, if u dont agree then tough, i've as much right to express my opinion on here as anyone else, whether they're from outside anfield or from other part of the world or country

Well said mrcool. No sane person would consider mickey mouse throphies a good return on a £ 120 million pound investment.

Walking away with £ 10,7 million shows how much love and respect former managment team had for the club. Now they are out there tossing sour grapes at the club and the new staff. Shame on them. They should learn to keep their mouth shut and never ever come around here no more.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:14 pm

Take a good look at the larger picture guys (with help of hind sight)...while the run of 3 cups were great, you must agree that overall, Houllier did more harm than good. He practically clear out our kitty buying sh!te players, and we are still paying the price long after he has gone. He have cost us around £150M (if you add up all things and cost) and will you consider that 3 cups a good return?
Give Rafa half of the £150 and you will see us challenging for the top sooner rather than later...
Last edited by Santa on Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:18 pm

i know f*ck me man can you imagine Benitez with 120-150 million squid?

exactly
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:29 pm

Official site states

Rick Parry has reiterated that Liverpool Football Club would never contemplate selling influential captain Steven Gerrard. 
Speculation about Gerrard's future just won't go away and he's again been annoyingly linked with a move away from Anfield.

Liverpool Chief Executive Parry is aware that such talk will not go away until the Reds are winning silverware on a regular basis but he's confident they can keep hold of their prized asset.

"You cannot guarantee that any player is going to stay in this day and age and we're absolutely delighted that Stevie recommitted himself to the club in the summer," says Parry.

"But we're certainly not complacent about the future. What Stevie craves is success on the pitch. It is not about boardroom politics.

"If we win silverware, we will keep our best players. They can keep knocking on the door, but it will not be opening, that is for sure. We don't want to sell Stevie. Why would we even contemplate it?"
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion