On the gerrard front, look at it this way...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:07 pm

houllier was a excellent manager, gawd thats funny, he wasn't

im not saying benitez will be successful here, its too early but i will judge him like i did houllier and all and all, we moved alittle forward under him but not enough imo

stu u can make all the excuses you want, the fact is houllier failed end of story, cause he wasn't a gret manager or a excellent manager

thats y he was sacked, cause he just wasnt good enough, you're forgetting that part, ok he won 5 cups that season, but what did he do after that honestly? absolutely nothing thats what, he made poor signings, hadn't a clue about tactics and played the wrong players in the wrong positions
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:14 pm

i enjoyed that season, but houllier wasn't a good enough manager to push on after that season after finishing 2nd one year, i thought here we go, but nope all downhill, but im disappointed as a supporter and i loved that season but its what happened after that put me off him
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:18 pm

and also slagging off supporters for disagreeing isn't helpful stu, i've as much right to voice my opinions as you have, dispite what you might think, im a true supporter i just happen to have different opinions, not through rose tinted glasses
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:03 pm

Are you bloody stupid?

thats y he was sacked, cause he just wasnt good enough, you're forgetting that part

I'll quote myself for you now...

he was an excellent manager who wasn't good enough to give us what we wanted

So in what way am i forgetting that part? or is it that you are plainly to stupid to see that i'd already wrote this? If you're going to argue a point at least quote me properly and don't say what you think i'm trying to say. Look at the big picture, you don't have to be either great or ******. Theres a middle ground. Houllier won things and had decent league positions.

Also, if he couldn't motivate and was no good with tactics how the ****** did we wipe our ****** on so many occassions with teams that had FAR better players in...

Explain that one...

Again, you're talking out of your ******.

I'm not looking at it through rose tinted glasses either lad, hence the reason i'm sitting here saying how great Benitez is and how ****** Houllier was... thats false.

Benitez's record isn't great at the moment. So don't sit there spouting ****** and passing it off as a fact, it doesn't wash.
Last edited by 115-1073096938 on Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
115-1073096938

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:22 pm

yeah but who was given 100 million to spend and left benitez with no money and mostly players from houlliers era who are not good enough
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:23 pm

houllier spent 100 million on players, theres nothing to show for it, when benitez is given 100 million then judge him, not fair to judge him now
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:25 pm

and the odd win against better teams now and again isn't good enough, he couldn't motivate the players against lesser teams, and i have to say diao is one of the worse players i've ever seen at anfield, one of houlliers signings of course
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:28 pm

and dont get me started on those boring tactics, would of made anyone fall alsleep and he kept playing heskey, now anyone could see heskey was ****** but he kept playing him longer than he should of, at least benitez now is at least playing the way liverpool of old have played, especially in the glory years, wingers the old liverpool played with, good attacking football, not score 1 and sit back, houllier ruined the club he didnt give a damn about youth players hence y he never gave any of them a chance and also the way we played, ruined the club
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:47 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Are you bloody stupid?

thats y he was sacked, cause he just wasnt good enough, you're forgetting that part

I'll quote myself for you now...

he was an excellent manager who wasn't good enough to give us what we wanted

So in what way am i forgetting that part? or is it that you are plainly to stupid to see that i'd already wrote this? If you're going to argue a point at least quote me properly and don't say what you think i'm trying to say. Look at the big picture, you don't have to be either great or ******. Theres a middle ground. Houllier won things and had decent league positions.

Also, if he couldn't motivate and was no good with tactics how the ****** did we wipe our ****** on so many occassions with teams that had FAR better players in...

Explain that one...

Again, you're talking out of your ******.

I'm not looking at it through rose tinted glasses either lad, hence the reason i'm sitting here saying how great Benitez is and how ****** Houllier was... thats false.

Benitez's record isn't great at the moment. So don't sit there spouting ****** and passing it off as a fact, it doesn't wash.

You sorry dog. Starting to disrespect Benitez now are you. He has done exceptionally well with Houlliers miserable signings and we are playing MUCH better football now than we EVER did under Houllier. Benitez is a good man. A man of honor. He will never, ever say that it is a blessing in disguise after we lose at home to sheffield united or portsmouth. Let us try to remember the so called great Houllier season. As far as I remember, Houllier was away with heart problems for greater part of that season. Thompson and Crevosier were allowed to work on the team without Houlliers interferance. And we became a much better team when he was away. I will go as far as to say WE WOULD NEVER HAVE WON THOSE THROPHIES IF HOULLIER HADN'T BEEN AWAY

Get off Benitez back NOW. And stop hiding behind pathetic throphies!!!! We only won those competitions because THE BEST TEAMS WERE NOT IN THEM. The best teams were busy playing Champions League football when we went to Cardiff and won the mickey mouse cup. That is a fact. 5 cups? WTF!!! When the f@ck did charity shield and super cup become throphies. Friendly games counts for nothing!
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:15 pm

banana wrote:You sorry dog. Starting to disrespect Benitez now are you. He has done exceptionally well with Houlliers miserable signings and we are playing MUCH better football now than we EVER did under Houllier. Benitez is a good man. A man of honor. He will never, ever say that it is a blessing in disguise after we lose at home to sheffield united or portsmouth. Let us try to remember the so called great Houllier season. As far as I remember, Houllier was away with heart problems for greater part of that season. Thompson and Crevosier were allowed to work on the team without Houlliers interferance. And we became a much better team when he was away. I will go as far as to say WE WOULD NEVER HAVE WON THOSE THROPHIES IF HOULLIER HADN'T BEEN AWAY

Get off Benitez back NOW. And stop hiding behind pathetic throphies!!!! We only won those competitions because THE BEST TEAMS WERE NOT IN THEM. The best teams were busy playing Champions League football when we went to Cardiff and won the mickey mouse cup. That is a fact. 5 cups? WTF!!! When the f@ck did charity shield and super cup become throphies. Friendly games counts for nothing!

i will correct you on a few things Banana.

1) the year of Houllier's illness was the 2001/2002 season, this was the season whwere we finsished 2nd in the league nad made the quarter finals of the CL. The year we won the FA Cup etc Houllier was there the whole time.

so you saying "WE WOULD NEVER HAVE WON THOSE THROPHIES IF HOULLIER HADN'T BEEN AWAY" is a load of bollox

2) best teams weren't in them?

FA Cup - still a big competition, and we beat Arsenal in the final, a big club - so the best teams were in there.

UEFA Cup - we still had to beat Barcelona and Roma, by no means bad sides.

I will give you the league cup, but i was still happy to win it - like Stu says I am happy whwnwver Liverpool wins a competitive competition.

show some respect banana, as much as you may dislike Houllier, you can't take away the fact he brought us the most success we've had since 1990, the last time we won the league.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:32 am

LFC #1 wrote:
banana wrote:You sorry dog. Starting to disrespect Benitez now are you. He has done exceptionally well with Houlliers miserable signings and we are playing MUCH better football now than we EVER did under Houllier. Benitez is a good man. A man of honor. He will never, ever say that it is a blessing in disguise after we lose at home to sheffield united or portsmouth. Let us try to remember the so called great Houllier season. As far as I remember, Houllier was away with heart problems for greater part of that season. Thompson and Crevosier were allowed to work on the team without Houlliers interferance. And we became a much better team when he was away. I will go as far as to say WE WOULD NEVER HAVE WON THOSE THROPHIES IF HOULLIER HADN'T BEEN AWAY

i will correct you on a few things Banana.

1) the year of Houllier's illness was the 2001/2002 season, this was the season whwere we finsished 2nd in the league nad made the quarter finals of the CL. The year we won the FA Cup etc Houllier was there the whole time.

so you saying "WE WOULD NEVER HAVE WON THOSE THROPHIES IF HOULLIER HADN'T BEEN AWAY" is a load of bollox

2) best teams weren't in them?

FA Cup - still a big competition, and we beat Arsenal in the final, a big club - so the best teams were in there.

UEFA Cup - we still had to beat Barcelona and Roma, by no means bad sides.

I will give you the league cup, but i was still happy to win it - like Stu says I am happy whwnwver Liverpool wins a competitive competition.

show some respect banana, as much as you may dislike Houllier, you can't take away the fact he brought us the most success we've had since 1990, the last time we won the league.

I tknow I aas a bit harsh this time. It was because I felt Stu's disrespect of Benitez needed to be rectified. I know that we finished 2nd the season Houllier suffered his illness. That was the best season under Houllier, and it a fact that Houllier's best performance as a manager was when he was away ill.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion