Baros behing front two?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieRed » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:10 am

I understand that in england traditional formation is 4-4-2.. but surely based on Milan's performance in Euro Rafa must be considering a formation like this,

X
X  X  X  X
X   X  X
   Baros
Cisse Owen

I have put in all the X's as with all this "uncertainty" at liverpool who knows how we will line up next year!!! Rafa has said in the past that he likes his teams being strong defensively and likes teams that have great fire power (was his comment when discussing with Valencia who he wanted to strengthen squad before quiting for the MIGHTY REDS!), surely with the talent at his disposal we could either play a 4-3-4 or a 4-3-1-2 ???
AussieRed

Postby AussieRed » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:28 am

sorry i didnt mean 4-3-4, i meant 4-3-3 (4-3-4, would possibly imply diouf being close to selection!!!! arghh)  :D
AussieRed

Postby blind » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:18 am

:D :D now that would be silly wouldn't it

does anyone know if we are likely to off load dioff before the start of the season.
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby banana » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:11 am

Do you want to win games, or do you want to please the players? With that setup we will do even worse than this year. There is only room for two strikers in our team.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:21 am

For once Banana gets something right.

Name a team that starts with three centre forwards in there line up?

A 4-3-3 consists of wingers and 1cre forward or 1 winger and a wide midfielder.

NOT THREE CENTRE FORWARDS!!!!
115-1073096938

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:26 am

NO.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:42 am

two nil down in the FA cup with five minutes to go  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:08 pm

We shouldn't say their is only room for two strikers cos we don't know what setup Benitez is going to use, he could play someone behind the front two like he did with Aimar at Valencia and Kewell could do that job well just like Baros could.  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby clint » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:29 pm

i dont think we have any player which would be a good choice to play behind the front 2, its players like del-peiro, valeron,totti and juninio who can do that
clint

Postby zythums » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:32 pm

I think Benitez should use 1-2 strikers, depending on the type of opposition. HE would know best on which strikers to use, but seriously, I won't be surprised if Owen is going to be kicked out of the window as soon as Benitez is certain that Baros and Cisse are excellent strikers.

Since the day Benitez joined us, he has been in unfavourable position. Gerard and Owen claim that Liverpool must buy top players, challenging for honours, blah blah blah in order for them to stay. Imagine that you are in his shoes! However, in-form players like Cisse and Baros have stepped up and say "I want to play!! I want to play for Liverpool! Let me prove my worth!!". Ahhhh.. these players, with such attitudes, will surely make him very happy indeed.

No matter what, 1 thing is for sure. Whoever fit in Benitez's system will get to play. The team is in a renewal stage now; players wanting or "don't mind leaving", different staff, etc. That is actually the perfect situation for Benitez, and he knows that. He has the flexibility to build his team, to weed those that he feels redundant, and to recruit the worthy ones who wants to come.

So guys, don't worry about players leaving. The most important thing is the system (the way the team plays), and the one who build the system is the manager, and our manager is Benitez. Things are looking up.
zythums

Postby zythums » Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:37 pm

To support my point, just look that Greece. No star players, so what? Their system has impressed me tremendously.. the teamwork and dedication, FANTASTIC.

That is what i am talking about. That's how I wish Liverpool can be.  Assembling galaticos is nice for the egos, but to win GAMES, you never need to count on NAMES.
zythums

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion