Official cl final thread - A.c.milan v liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NYCJuveFan » Fri May 06, 2005 12:36 am

Hi guys,

Congratulations for the final.
I really couldn't stand Chelsea!
I was really upset after the 0-0 draw in Turin. I thought that Juve played the worst match of the season.
Well, I gotta give LFC props now. They didn't let Chelsea (which still is a great team) score in two games. That shows something.

Just do me a favor now.
My whole family back in Italy are AC Milan fans. I don't think I'll be able to stand them celebrating their CL (last time even more pianfully, having won against us at the shootout).
Just kick their a$$e$.
As matter of facts I'll be flying back to Milan on the 27th. Just let me go there with a big smile on my face.
Go Reds!

PS: Plus, having lost to the eventual winner would be more honorable!
NYCJuveFan

Postby supersub » Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 am

Don't worry the Mighty Reds will be triumphant.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 06, 2005 1:48 am

I think it'll be difficult against this lot. But then so was Olympiacos, Beyer, Juve and Sh*tski. It's a final, and something unexpected is bound to happen. I know I didn't expect Monaco to get ar*e-holed 3-0 by Porto last year! I just hope that we win it, as I believe we as a club deserve it more than AC, and obviously 'cos I'm LFC through and through! I hope JC snaffles Shevchenko, puts him on a lead and keeps him quiet all night! Then I hope Cisse and Baros remember to take their shooting boots, rather than their tartan zip-up booty slippers! Lets make it 5 lads! Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri May 06, 2005 5:50 am

one very good news is that we will haven almost the whole squad to choose from.. and that we only have to play 2 games before playing Milan.. that will be a great boost... no one suspended for the game with milan.. with alonso back, cisse dreaming he will score in istanbul, gerrard and garcia ready to kick aS$, kewell and nunez doing well,, we will surely kick some butts from italy
Alonso_Rulz

Postby liamac » Fri May 06, 2005 6:47 am

Thought id post this  from the Independent this morning, a bit of a sobering thought for  everyone going to the final ...........bit of a long read fellas

Liverpool's visit to Istanbul for the European Cup final against Milan on 25 May will involve the biggest-ever security operation mounted by Uefa in 49 years of European club competition, it was revealed yesterday.

With more supporters than the club's 20,000 ticket allocation can accommodate expected to travel to the Turkish capital, and the memory of the two Leeds supporters killed in Istanbul in April 2000 still fresh, plans are in place to keep rival fans isolated from each other.

While the game's European governing body accepts there is no history of animosity between Liverpool and Milan fans they have decided to take no chances in managing the movement of supporters in the city. The majority, who are expected to arrive on the day of the match, will fly into different Istanbul airports - one on the European side of the Bosphorus, the other on the Asian side - and be kept apart.

A Uefa spokesman, William Gaillard, said the event would be the "most important, complex operation we [Uefa] have ever staged [for club football]" but defended the capability of Istanbul to host the final. There are understood to be misgivings within the Liverpool club hierarchy about the advisability of holding the final in a city that has a history of football violence.

In order to allay fears about the possibility of clashes between supporters and locals, like those five years ago which resulted in the deaths of two Leeds fans before a Uefa Cup match against Galatasaray, Uefa has set up completely separate facilities for supporters.

Fans will be taken directly from the airport to sites outside the city centre where those with tickets will be provided with buses to take them on to the stadium.

Gaillard added: "Precautions are in hand in light of the incident in 2000 with the Leeds supporters. Therefore we have taken extra measures from the beginning on the assumption that there could be an English team in the final. We have set up a whole system to take care of the supporters when they arrive. There will be two separate airports for fans of both teams. The supporters will be taken to separate areas that will have food, drinks and entertainment.

"The advantage is that the stadium is not in the downtown area. There will be no public transportation from these areas and there will be buses to the stadium provided, but only if you have a ticket.

"There will be minimum contact with the Turkish crowd and minimum contact between the two sets of supporters."

The security arrangements at the new 70,000-capacity Ataturk Olympic stadium, which has had its capacity reduced for the match, are expected to be tested later this month when it hosts the city's two big rivals, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, in the Turkish cup final.

With relations between the two sides currently poor even by their standards, the nation's football federation have urged the two sets of supporters to behave with the final less than three weeks away.

Dr Levent Bicakci, the president of the Turkish football federation, said: "I call for all fans and all newspapers and television stations to show calm about the championship race between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray as we know that we will be the host of the Champions' League final on 25 May.

"So all of Turkey needs to be very careful and responsible in the weeks leading up to the final because we know that all of Europe and all of Uefa will be watching us.

"We will make sure we have enough security measures in place [for the Turkish Cup final] because we do not want there to be any bad events."

While both clubs receive allocations of 20,000 tickets each, 7,500 tickets will go on sale in Turkey through the country's football federation. Liverpool have 23,000 season ticket holders at Anfield alone.

The Football Association will make its announcement today on the decision over which team qualifies for England's fourth Champions' League place after the governing body's main board took advice from the Professional Game Board.

The FA is almost certain to find in favour of the fourth-placed Premiership side - currently Everton - taking the spot even if Liverpool win the final.
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby imagine » Fri May 06, 2005 9:28 am

Hi there. I am aTurkish LFC living in Kazakhstan. I tried to buy tickets in Turkey from the Football Federation but it was sold out weeks ago. Russians bought many tix, thinking the "darkface of football" would be in the finals. There will be about more than 15,000 local people at that night. I propose to prepare banners that would flatter the Turkish people, in Turkish. People tend to sopport the underdog in Turkey. Let's use the advantage. Milan has the image of being the other dark side, and Turkey has a special antipathy for Andriy Schevchenko. We should give a message about how important is Istanbul, itself or Turkey's qualifying to the Wolrd Cup etc. Evevn getting Turkish flags would help. Italians have a bad reputation in Turkey but the PMs are good friends and they are so much like each other. And because of Leeds game, English teams have a worse reputation(they burned the Turkish flags, disturbed local women and broke windows of stores). Murdering someone who burns a Flag is quite OK for people. Anyway, be cool and it will be safe... Drinking and partying is OK after the game. But the Turkish CUp Final is a huge battle between Fenerbahce (similar to LFC in Turkey) and Galatasaray (similar to ManU). So the police will be tough on both nights. Any questions or comments mmkarahan@yahoo.com pls... We'll bring the CUp #1 to its home.
imagine

Postby whitehouse » Fri May 06, 2005 11:00 am

Gutted about FA decision but to be fair those were the rules at the start of the season and had the shoe been on the other foot i would have been anoyed but i am more annoyed that they have announced their decision now and not after the final as it could have given us a lift knowing that you are not just playin in the fianl but also playin for a champions league place. Also if Inter qualify for champions league next year they are banned y cant we have thier place
whitehouse

Postby xd3vilx » Fri May 06, 2005 1:02 pm

whitehouse wrote:Gutted about FA decision but to be fair those were the rules at the start of the season and had the shoe been on the other foot i would have been anoyed but i am more annoyed that they have announced their decision now and not after the final as it could have given us a lift knowing that you are not just playin in the fianl but also playin for a champions league place. Also if Inter qualify for champions league next year they are banned y cant we have thier place

Make A Lot Of Sense...Hoping Newcastle Can Beat Everton...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiari » Fri May 06, 2005 1:14 pm

hi guys

i think Bilan :laugh:  wll play with seedorf and not ambrosini
I hope  that they are not in shape gO REDS :) :)

MILANO SIAMO NOI MILANO SIAMO NOI :)
chiari

Postby stmichael » Fri May 06, 2005 1:25 pm

having watched the milan-psv game the other night, the best team went out. i wasn't impressed with milan at all. ok they've got great players but you have to remember that they are an ageing side. if we get amongst them and stop them from playing, we've got a great chance.  :buttrock
Last edited by stmichael on Fri May 06, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby onizukaeikichi » Fri May 06, 2005 2:25 pm

we will win, i got a hunch
onizukaeikichi

Postby Hokey » Fri May 06, 2005 2:45 pm

Chiari....ma sei interista e scrivi "Milano siamo noi"??
Noooooooo....incredibile....:p
Ancora non ne avete avute abbastanza??

Chiari is a Inter Milan fans and has write "We are Milano": :D :D
Hokey

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:53 pm

Looking at the lineups that you guys would choose to play Milan, do you really think Rafa won't reward Igor with a starting place?

He's persevered with him thus far (granted we had our injuries) and he has played an enormous role to get us where we are. Though my head tells me otherwise, I'd like to see Igor somewhere in the lineup.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri May 06, 2005 3:00 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:Looking at the lineups that you guys would choose to play Milan, do you really think Rafa won't reward Igor with a starting place?

He's persevered with him thus far (granted we had our injuries) and he has played an enormous role to get us where we are. Though my head tells me otherwise, I'd like to see Igor somewhere in the lineup.

how can hamann not start after his performance the other night? he was immense. the only issue is whether didi or igor start in central midfield. the rest of the team picks itself.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby juventus » Fri May 06, 2005 3:36 pm

LIVERPOOL wins also for us
juventus

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion