Official cl final thread - A.c.milan v liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Thu May 05, 2005 9:28 am

I think that we are about to play the best team in Milan. It will not be easy, but it is possible to win even though we will and should be underdogs. They are a very professional outfit with very experienced players. What is more, they are a good side without the arrogance of some teams (Chelsea). All those that think we have won already and will have no trouble with Milan are mistaken. Having said that, if we play with the same passion and grit we did against Chelsea and Juventus, we have a good chance.

I am happy that Milan had a poor game, this gives our players confidence in knowing thay are beatable.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby harryboy » Thu May 05, 2005 9:37 am

Hi all.....firstly let me say that I have been a LFC supporter for over 28 years now...I'm a Travel Agent and have access to 2 and 3 day trips to Istanbul flying out of Liverpool.
2 day trips are £600...3 day trips at £670....staying in 4* city centre hotels including airport transfers. The city of Istanbul are laying on 800 courtesy buses for transport between the city centre and the ground on match day. The operator we are using are fully bonded and will have access to match tickets(so I have been advised) in the region of £250 upwards.
These are not a dodgy company and I have used them before for a group out to Lisbon last year for the England v France game which went without a hitch.
For more information..contact me on mark@redfernyork.com
or 01904 696445. We are a normal ABTA travel agent who have traded since 1937.
To to give you an idea of how reasonable this price is...BAC Sports are doing the identical 2 day trip but are charging £1095 !!
harryboy

Postby laza » Thu May 05, 2005 10:05 am

Im glad Milan got through as we do seem to revel with the underdog status.
Besides as SS said it will make victory all that much sweeter  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu May 05, 2005 11:55 am

I'm also glad Milan went through. Either team would of proved difficult. PSV would of been probably easier but IF we go on and beat Milan, that will provide a far bigger highlight for me. People have been saying since they outclassed the scum twice that they are the best team in Europe, so no1 will be able to criticise us when we send them the same way as Juve and Chelsea.
Also it means we stay as underdogs...something that suits us and fires up the players so much.
Milan wont play like they did against PSV, but if we can press them and display a first half like against Juve then we have every chance.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu May 05, 2005 12:05 pm

Judging by the 2 PSV/Milan games I'm relieved its Milan we've got. Also we will be billed as underdogs again which suits Rafa down to the ground, not sure we'd be seen as underdogs against PSV

I GENUINELY believe we'll be lifting that trophy!   :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Thu May 05, 2005 12:44 pm

Well, we beat Juve and they've got the same number of points as Milan and scored a goal more.  Theoretically, we should be able to beat Milan.

I hope they have huge battles in their four remaining games as they try to win the league.  We've only got three games left in the league (two at home) and a week and a half rest/preparation before the final.

Come on you reds!  Keep cool and you can do it.

:nod
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stapo1000 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:39 pm

From watching milan i can say for sure that our midfield is stronger than theirs.
We have 2 world class midfielders in alonso and gerrard, and we've hamann whose been brilliant in the champions league this season.

Milan have pirlo, gattuso and seedorf. Pirlo's is good from set pieces and is a good crosser of the ball but he is highly overrated. Seedorf has given 2 poor performances against psv but he still has bags of experience . Gattuso is an excellent defensive player but was quiet in both semi final games.

If we can gain superiority in midfield(and psv can then we definitely can) then we can win
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 05, 2005 1:43 pm

harryboy wrote:Hi all.....firstly let me say that I have been a LFC supporter for over 28 years now...I'm a Travel Agent and have access to 2 and 3 day trips to Istanbul flying out of Liverpool.
2 day trips are £600...3 day trips at £670....staying in 4* city centre hotels including airport transfers. The city of Istanbul are laying on 800 courtesy buses for transport between the city centre and the ground on match day. The operator we are using are fully bonded and will have access to match tickets(so I have been advised) in the region of £250 upwards.
These are not a dodgy company and I have used them before for a group out to Lisbon last year for the England v France game which went without a hitch.
For more information..contact me on mark@redfernyork.com
or 01904 696445. We are a normal ABTA travel agent who have traded since 1937.
To to give you an idea of how reasonable this price is...BAC Sports are doing the identical 2 day trip but are charging £1095 !!

Prepare to be banned, or pay LFC some dosh to advertise.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ultrAslan » Thu May 05, 2005 2:14 pm

we r waitin u to istanbul...
ultrAslan

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu May 05, 2005 5:22 pm

Milan has Kaka, and well, Liverpool has Milan.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red rafalution » Thu May 05, 2005 5:23 pm

13 of us have just booked for Marmaris (£270) for a week and are planning to get some sort of transport up to Istanbul, with other Reds from there.
Anyone else going there, if so shout up, and we can make arrangements for going up there and hire a larger coach - economies of scle and all that!!!
logging off now but will be back on in morning.
red rafalution

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu May 05, 2005 5:25 pm

Line-up for final:

Dudek

Finnan  Hyypia  Carragher  Traore

Garcia Gerrard Hamann Alonso Riise

Milan

SUBS: Carson, Cisse, Biscan, Kewell, Nunez, Warnock/Le Tallec, Smicer/Welsh.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:55 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Line-up for final:

Dudek

Finnan  Hyypia  Carragher  Traore

Garcia Gerrard Hamann Alonso Riise

Milan

SUBS: Carson, Cisse, Biscan, Kewell, Nunez, Warnock/Le Tallec, Smicer/Welsh.

Possibly unless Cisse perks up, as Milan has not scored for a massive twenty games !! !  ! ! ! !  ! ! !!! ! ! !
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hokey » Thu May 05, 2005 6:41 pm

Hi...i'am an italian Milan's fan. i don't speak english very well
I'm very happy, and a lot of milan supporters are very happy to have liverpool in final
Every sunday during the serie A match we sing yours song "you'll never ealk alone" (since a lot of year) sand we respect Liverpool more than other english team..
but I want to remember you that the Milan of the last night was the WORST milan in this season...we was already thinking to Milan - Juventus...Usually Milan plays the better football in italy and i think in europe....however the final will be a very difficult match for milan and also for Liverpool
Hokey

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Thu May 05, 2005 7:46 pm

hopefully if Djibril is fit we`ll line up like this................
                DUDEK
FINNAN   CARRA   HYPPIA  TRAORE
         HAMANN  ALONSO
GARCIA    GERRARD        RIISE
              CISSE

SUBS
milan
carson
kewell
josemi
biscan
le tallec
nunez

By the way how many reds do you think will go? i cant as i have exams that day, any other day would of been ok but it had to be the day i have an ITALIAN GCSE EXAM and ENGLISH GCSE EXAM.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion