Next skipper - Once gerrard calls it quits

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:08 am

Ok, I'll start a topic 'who should be our manager in 2058'.

I'll go for Jay Spearing.

Yourself?
LFC2007

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:11 am

Rafa Benitez JR
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:28 am

:D
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 am

Utterly disgraceful topic considering showing no respect to the current captain . The qualities of a captain shud be such , a player who can lead , inspire , motivate , fu.ck the players when they are underperforming , Gerrard has gotten us out of jail so many times , now let me ask u can carragher score goals can do that? no? As good as mascherano is . he can't do that either , gerrard is one in a million and is a top skipper , when 6 or 8 years from now he does leave , then we shall evaluate who is in the squad and guess who the new captain might be , mods kindly lock this topic which is just another useless thread with no disrespect menat to the starter
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:31 am

LFC2007 wrote:Ok, I'll start a topic 'who should be our manager in 2058'.

I'll go for Jay Spearing.

Yourself?

ROBO - GERRARD ! The G-1000 series of course.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:33 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:When Steven Gerrard finally calls his captaincy days up at Anfield, who do you all think will take over the armband, considering Gerrard won't be handing in the armband for any time soon (i hope)

Read that LFC2007, you'll see what I feel about the captain. I want Gerrard as our captain for the rest of his career.

The truth is, in football things change. He could easily be chopped as the captain tomorrow if Benitez wanted. Everything has reallavance.

Also IF Gerrard, Carra and Hyypia were all out injured, who'd be captain if you want to look at it that way.

Well like i mentioned before , not many who could feel gerrard's shoes but my choice would be Reina then , i feel rafa might choose him as the capt if gerrard , hypia and carra are out injured which is very unlikely that all 3 would be out
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:38 am

If we're all still on here in 6 years and Gerrard does call it quits then, can I bring this thread back up without recieving grief :D
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:If we're all still on here in 6 years and Gerrard does call it quits then, can I bring this thread back up without recieving grief :D

i'm not going anywhere soon , and sure why not  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:42 am

Alright then, we can leave it for a more appropriate time. Not that any of us will know when that is, because whenever Gerrard gives it up, it'll already of been given to his successor before we can have a say in edge ways.

But I wasn't showing lack of respect for Gerrard. As I've said I hope he doesn't give the armband up for a very long time, but you always have to ask. Especially if those people who see him off in the summer are right. I don't see him leaving, but you never know.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:12 am

Without a doubt .... macherano should be captain .... Once we get our wingers sorted out (and thus our attacking play improves and the oppositon players get pulled apart), watch macherano score goals like toy keane did for manure.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:29 am

Starting threads for the sake of it is spamming.

What next, "what colour should we have for our away kit for the 236-37 league season" OR maybe its goign to be "When we eventually outgrow the new Stanley Park stadium - where should we move to".
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion