Next season's ideal eleven - What would be your realistic 11?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby The_Rock » Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:07 pm

Chinesegirl wrote:
Bring Dalglish back wrote:No offence 'Chinesegirl' but the only thing that GH is fit for is to manage a team in the Chinese football league because the Premiership is a 'big pond' for 'big boys'.

my father must be very happy if GH come to china.But do you think if he will come here? :D  :D
Isn't GH better than he?

R U trying to act cute..... ?
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:49 am

Realistically?

GK Kirkland

RB Finnan
CB Boumsong
CB Hyypia
LB Carragher

RM Murphy (if we could get Malbranque that would be superb)
CM Gerrard
CM Hamann
LW Kewell

CF Owen
CF Cisse

Subs:

GK Dudek
DF Henchoz
DF Riise
MD Smicer
CF Baros

Boumsong - Free
Cisse - £12m i would presume
Malbranque - maybe around £8m

I would try to offload Heskey, Diouf, Diao, Biscan't, Babbel and Cheyrou.
115-1073096938

Postby Dalglish » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:49 pm

1.  Kirkland
2.  Carragher
3.  Hyppia
4.  Henchoz
5.  Gerrard
6.  Lampard
7   Kewell
8.  Hammann
9.  Pongolle
10. Larrson
11. Cole (Joe)

Manager - Curbishley !

P.S. Owen won't be at LFC next season:(
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ToTinho » Sat Jan 03, 2004 8:18 pm

Krkland
Finnan   Hyppia   Henchoz  Riise
Murphy  Gerrard   Hamman  Kewell
             Owen     Cisse

That's more logic i guess
ToTinho

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:46 pm

dalglish should never of left we would no b in the mess we r in now im sorry but i think 2morrow will b the end 4 the boss liverpool i hope not we must win and win good
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:03 pm

u know i look at those team lists the squad we have we should b up there with the best no we r the best :O
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:40 am

OK last old thread I'm bringing up for tonight, I think 5 old ones are more than enough to chew over, but this one again rings truth, and ones like this are always good to see how we as a club have progressed.

So next season, who are we having in our starting 11.

For me it'd look like this....

Reina
M.Richards (Man City)
Carra
Agger
Arbeloa
A.Lennon (Spurs)
Gerrard
Lucas
Babel
Crouch
Torres

Bench: Martin, Insua, Spearing, Nemeth, Hammill.

Richards and Lennon would both cost an arm and a leg, but with any luck we'd have it to spend. 30-40 million for the two, be well worth it IMO.

As long as it's not Boumsong who was often listed pre-2005. :D
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:OK last old thread I'm bringing up for tonight, . :D

thank christ for that    :D
112-1077774096

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 am

peewee wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:OK last old thread I'm bringing up for tonight, . :D

Well it makes a change from slagging off Benitez. But if you start getting cheeky peewee, I'll bring another 100 old ones up  :D
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:50 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
peewee wrote:

Well it makes a change from slagging off Benitez. But if you start getting cheeky peewee, I'll bring another 100 old ones up  :D

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    :D

anyway mate i dont see it as slagging off benitez just for the sake of it, i slag him off because the situation deserves it, just like when i slag kuyt off    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:52 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:OK last old thread I'm bringing up for tonight, I think 5 old ones are more than enough to chew over, but this one again rings truth, and ones like this are always good to see how we as a club have progressed.

Reina
M.Richards (Man City)
Carra
Agger
Arbeloa
A.Lennon (Spurs)
Gerrard
Lucas
Babel
Crouch
Torres

Richards and Lennon would both cost an arm and a leg, but with any luck we'd have it to spend. 30-40 million for the two, be well worth it IMO.

First off, enough with the old threads.  Very tedious.

Second, that team of yours has far too many square pegs in round holes and players short of the required pedigree to truly challenge, even with a new manager.

Richards is proving himself to be a hell of a centre back and we need fullbacks who can overlap and whip in crosses, which he isn't.  That applies to playing the right-footed Arbeloa on the left.  Aaron Lennon is no great improvement on Pennant.  He's got pace to burn but his final ball is shocking and he's still not enough of a goal threat.  Lucas ahead of Mascherano?--you're having a laugh, mate.     Likewise playing Babel on the left wing.  As for the bench--not even remotely good enough.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:53 am

peewee wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
peewee wrote:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo    :D

anyway mate i dont see it as slagging off benitez just for the sake of it, i slag him off because the situation deserves it, just like when i slag kuyt off    :D

I agree peewee, I slag Benitez off because I think he's deserves it, not because I don't like the fella.

And why bring Kuyt up in a thread of next season's 11. Don't ruin our chances of next season with the thought of Kuyt still being here by the start of next season  :D
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 am

Bad Bob wrote:
god_bless_john_houlding wrote:OK last old thread I'm bringing up for tonight, I think 5 old ones are more than enough to chew over, but this one again rings truth, and ones like this are always good to see how we as a club have progressed.

Reina
M.Richards (Man City)
Carra
Agger
Arbeloa
A.Lennon (Spurs)
Gerrard
Lucas
Babel
Crouch
Torres

First off, enough with the old threads.  Very tedious.

Second, that team of yours has far too many square pegs in round holes and players short of the required pedigree to truly challenge, even with a new manager.

Richards is proving himself to be a hell of a centre back and we need fullbacks who can overlap and whip in crosses, which he isn't.  That applies to playing the right-footed Arbeloa on the left.  Aaron Lennon is no great improvement on Pennant.  He's got pace to burn but his final ball is shocking and he's still not enough of a goal threat.  Lucas ahead of Mascherano?--you're having a laugh, mate.     Likewise playing Babel on the left wing.  As for the bench--not even remotely good enough.

Watch Richards play for England, where he's been used solely as a right back. He's more aggresive than Neville, Sagna or Belletti.

Lennon's final ball this season has shown great improvements, as his ball against United in the cup for Tottenham proves.

We won 3 trophies one season and then finished 8 points behind the champions the following season with a right footed left back, named Jamie Carragher.

Babel on the left, is the best option we have.

Lucas ahead of Maschernaho, for me Lucas has a bright future, I'd rather see him put in quickly rather than poncing around as a bit part player for 4 or 5 seasons.

The bench, I'm all for giving kids a go, they can't do any worse than what's gone before them.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:Watch Richards play for England, where he's been used solely as a right back. He's more aggresive than Neville, Sagna or Belletti.

Aggessive or not, he can't cross for toffee which is what we need more of from our fullbacks.

Lennon's final ball this season has shown great improvements, as his ball against United in the cup for Tottenham proves.

Still not remotely good enough given the price we'd have to pay for him.

We won 3 trophies one season and then finished 8 points behind the champions the following season with a right footed left back, named Jamie Carragher.

How many crosses did Carra put in from wide positions on his weak foot, then?  Since you want to play Babel at LM (who will spend the whole game cutting in field), you MUST select a LB who will overlap effectively and be able to cross with his left.  Arbeloa is not that player.  Why not play him at RB and by a proper LB?

Babel on the left, is the best option we have.

So let's by a better one!  Christ, Rafa gets crucified for playing players out of position but a third of your team is square pegs in round holes.  Babel has done feck all from the flanks this season--he's forever cutting inside, as strikers who play as wingers tend to do.  Why would we not look for a natural left winger to improve on one of our key problem areas?

Lucas ahead of Maschernaho, for me Lucas has a bright future, I'd rather see him put in quickly rather than poncing around as a bit part player for 4 or 5 seasons.

I might agree with your reasoning except that Mascherano is a young player with a bright present who is turning in MOM performances on virtually a weekly basis (and I say this as a staunch Alonso supporter).  If you want Lucas to get a game, support Rafa and rotation.  If you want to field a best 11 week in, week out, pick the Argie.

The bench, I'm all for giving kids a go, they can't do any worse than what's gone before them.

I'd like to see a few of them get a run out here and there myself but I'm not looking to have five of them on the bench each week.  So, you're going to sit players like Mascherano and Alonso  in the stands and hope the kids can produce the goods when the game's on the line and a change is called for?  Fair play to you-- I love your optimism but I just can't see them doing the business myself.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 am

Well Bob, how about instead of just telling people they're wrong, how about give some ideas of your own. Tell us who you'd like to see as our 11 next year. Then maybe I'll think again about who I'd like to see.
god_bless_john_houlding

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion