NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - 24th November 12.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:Probably as they reckon Lampard played better plus scored the pen.

To be honest as skippr Stevie should have taken it not Frank Lampard.

nah, frank was well rested, he hadnt touched the ball before the penalty...

SWP was one of the few players who played half way decent on wed. they are derby fans tho so they're probably 'special' anyways
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Well all i can say is thatll do for me  :nod

Sorry on another point wasnt Torres :censored: today  :laugh: maybe some fans will now start to say he cant finish

Some of our movement off the ball today was first class and im talking right through the team. The one touch football we played for about 15 mins into the second half had me reminising. Some might say Newcastle played poor well im of the opinion we made them look poor. Gerrard today was like a man possesed. And if anyone wants to slate Kuyt about his first touch i suggest the watch the match and watch him take the ball from the sky some :censored: first touch :bowdown

By the way that was a joke about Torres the lad is a monster who is gonna be a legand at Anfield if that was a boxing match who do you think would have won Torres throwing the punches or Given blocking them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:56 pm

but...it wasnt a boxing match :p

off day for torres in a 3-0 win i'll take rather he had a blinder in a game we are struggling in
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:12 pm

dawson99 wrote:but...it wasnt a boxing match :p

off day for torres in a 3-0 win i'll take rather he had a blinder in a game we are struggling in

You missunderstand were i was coming from Daws Torres was outstanding today work rate off the ball was unbelievable.

What i was trying to point out was it was actually turning into the Torres v Given show . In ref to boxing Torres was battering given with shots and Given was blocking them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:09 pm

I didn't see the game, (was a bit knackered and in bed) but it's a great result and by all accounts a very good peformance.

It seems only fair to point out that had I been around when the team was selected, i would definately have slagged it. I would definately have questioned the central midfield pairing, I would have questioned the decision to unecessarily rotate one of the fullbacks, and I would have bemoaned the absense of Crouch. That I didn't, and in so doing denied people the opportunity to quite rightly tell me to stick it up my erse is the result only of time difference and not of any forsight on my part.

Given though the unbelieveable result for man Utd, it becomes a really huge win. It also means of course that Arsenal are now disappearing over the horizon from them also, which means that when they go to Anfield in acouple of weeks they are going to be going all out for a win. That match is now huge for both teams.

Hope fully from here, now it's pretty much official that we've got some momentum again we can hold onto it for a bit longer than we did at the start of the season. The best way of doing that in my opinion obviously is to make the minimum changes to the team which you can get away with, none if possible. Whether we do that, and whether I'm right remains to be seen, but most importantly this was a great win and those of us (well there's actually only me to be totally truthful) who wrote off our title chances totally are at least another week closer to admitting that we did launch a proper challenge. Well done to the team and the manager for producing the goods under less than ideal circumstances.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:17 pm

bigmick wrote:I didn't see the game, (was a bit knackered and in bed) but it's a great result and by all accounts a very good peformance.

It seems only fair to point out that had I been around when the team was selected, i would definately have slagged it. I would definately have questioned the central midfield pairing, I would have questioned the decision to unecessarily rotate one of the fullbacks, and I would have bemoaned the absense of Crouch. That I didn't, and in so doing denied people the opportunity to quite rightly tell me to stick it up my erse is the result only of time difference and not of any forsight on my part.

Given though the unbelieveable result for man Utd, it becomes a really huge win. It also means of course that Arsenal are now disappearing over the horizon from them also, which means that when they go to Anfield in acouple of weeks they are going to be going all out for a win. That match is now huge for both teams.

Hope fully from here, now it's pretty much official that we've got some momentum again we can hold onto it for a bit longer than we did at the start of the season. The best way of doing that in my opinion obviously is to make the minimum changes to the team which you can get away with, none if possible. Whether we do that, and whether I'm right remains to be seen, but most importantly this was a great win and those of us (well there's actually only me to be totally truthful) who wrote off our title chances totally are at least another week closer to admitting that we did launch a proper challenge. Well done to the team and the manager for producing the goods under less than ideal circumstances.

One liners time and time again.

ITs boring, can we have a word here please mods ?

:D
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:27 pm

Why use one word though when ten will do? :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Excellent performance that,pity Torres didn't get on the scoresheet (should have had a hat trick today) as it really would have rubbed Big Fat Sam's nose in it.

I p1ssed myself at the chants of "Big Sam for England" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:08 pm

Couldn't resist posting this from the BBC 606 website:

PEPE REINA'S INTERESTING AFTERNOON

Whilst keeping his customary clean sheet, Pepe Reina had an 'interesting' afternoon at St. James Park today. Some of the interesting things Pepe managed to do during his 90 minutes are listed below:-

* Complete several crossword puzzles.

* Complete a Rubix Cube for the 1st time.

* Finished off his X-Mas wish list.

* Repair a hole in one of Peter Crouch's socks.

* Constructed a fully functioning miniture model of Big Sam from discarded half time orange peel.

* Yinged his Yang with some relaxing Tai Chi.

* Counted Newcastle fans leaving (into the 1000's)

* Shaved, then tidied up his nostril hair.

* Indulged in a spot of whittling, carving a life size model of Tim Cahill

* Finished off The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

* Phoned his Brother to tell him about an 'interesting' dream he had the night before, involving a Nicolas Anelka goal and a disgruntled Scotsman.

All in all, it was a fairly productive afternoon for Pepe.

:laugh: :laugh:
Gracias King Rafa

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:10 pm

Interesting to see that we now have the same goal difference as Man U, and obviously if we win our game in hand that can only improve.

Absolutely bananas to think that that was an away game today. When you think how terrible we were on the road for most of last season, that puts our progress into perspective for me. Yes Newcastle were really poor, but you still have to put the ball away, and we absolutely mullered what was put in front of us.
ivor_the_injun

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Great win today, and it even should have been quite a bit bigger (Torres not scoring on one of his handful of big chances was the only negative today, but better it happen when we're winning comfortably than say against the mancs). Stevie was absolutely awesome today, and Lucas also performed very very well in midfield tackling and playing the ball around. Also glad to see Kewell back, and it seems clear he brings a better touch and more directness to our team. Kuyt was also involved in a lot of great build up and made some neat passes to Torres on more than one occasion. Jesus, I could go on... but I won't :D  It was just a great team performance all over. More of the same against Porto, please!
JamCar05

Postby LittleHobo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 pm

Kewell makes us a far better counter attacking team away from home

lucas looks amazing, keeps it simple which is what midfielders like him should do

and a special word for stevie g, great players bounce back straight away after a bad performance

and ryan babel showed more of why we paid 11 million for him
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:24 pm

all in all a very good day at the office and long may it continue, much better this than all the other stuff thats been going on.

well done lads and Rafa, more of the same midweek please
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Igor Zidane » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:30 pm

Well my take on today's game is .....

I was impressed with today's ball retention , movement of the players ,attacking intent of the whole team . The players controlled the game from start to finish (aided  by a poor newcastle side) and there passing and movement was the best i've seen this season so far.Gerrard was like a man possesed today and the formation that rafa had with the 2 holding midfielders (sort of) in Lucas and momo let stevie do what he does best. Namely control our attacking game from the centre of the park, most good attacking moves came through Gerrard and the shackles were off.

Kuyt and Torres worked hard and both had good games ,Torres should have had 4 ,but he created a couple of oppotunities himself with clever ball control and dribbeling. Kuyt worked his bollox off as usual and had a good game. The defense had no problems whatsoever again aided by a none exsistent newcastle attack. I was impressed with Kewell and his general play and he had a good workout today,which will help for future games. I thought momo's control of the ball was again poor but he harried there midfield well ,the few times they had the ball.Lucas i was well impressed with , he kept it simple and he kept the ball most of the time.

Like the saying goes ,you can only beat what's infront of you ,and we did it well. When we did step up a gear or two ,we literally tore Newcastle too peices and if it wasn't for Torres's poor finishing (defo an off day on the finishing front for the lad)not his overall play which was excellent we would have had a score like the bluesh!te game.

Well done to the LFC fans for singing Rafa's name all game.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO KNOW WHY ALOT OF SCOUSERS DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ENGLAND ,have a listen to the abuse the players are getting this weekend from so called supporters ,YOU JUST DON'T BOO YOUR OWN. :no
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 pm

gotta admit was nervous about the game...but our performance was superb, booing S.G was the best thing that happened to us ,he got mad and just blow them away.

regarding Torres ,don't know yet..he came with a Rep of a chronic lack of finishing..and i'm not yet convinced he has the quality of a top world scorer ,today's game was embarrassing for him..hope he recovers soon.

Look's like we are out of our bad spell.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion