NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - 24th November 12.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymacfrom40yardsout » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:11 pm

s@int wrote:Up to third now (if only short term), we could do with both Wigan and Bolton doing us a favour now.

it's down to 3 games IMHO. beat MU home and away, and do arsenal away, and we win the league.

Fail, and we don't.

I'm looking long term though. ASSUMING Rafa stays, we are looking good to take this league in the next 2 or 3 years.

:buttrock
Garymacfrom40yardsout

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:11 pm

1-0 bolton! anelka!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Strange game. We were so comfortable, it was surreal, but that's mainly thanks to how w@nk Newcastle were. Great win despite not really hitting top gear, which is a good sign for us again. Lucas, I thought, done a fantastic job filling Xabi's role in a holding job and he looked the part too. Done all the ugly work really well. He's looking a quality buy. Gerrard was fantastic due to this. MOTM is all that needs to be said for him. Alan Smith MOTM from the stadium announcer? Was that just to cheer those miserable Geordie tw@ts up, who let's be honest, were a disgrace? Babel is showing why we bought him now. I think the boy is class. He'll turn out to be a real cracker for us. Torres - he was really unlucky. Played as good as any, and had he even scored one, he was my MOTM. I hope the misses don't dent his confidence, but he was class. Should have scored 5.

On the negatives, I'd say there were two. I'm not really into the trend of slating our own players, but I think the writing has been clearly on the wall now for two of our most prized scapegoats these days. You don't have to guess that Sissoko and Kuyt are the two usual suspects....again. I thought they were just shocking. Sissoko needs to be taught the basics of just how to pass the ball 4 f*cking feet in front of him! Is that too much to ask?! He frustrated the f*ck out of me. Kuyt was just as bad. I forgot he even scored, and from the first 15 minutes, his body language suggested that he didn't even look bothered. These two are starting to be a liability to the team. Replace with better quality ASAP imo.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:12 pm

Taxi for the fat headed bong face.

You know what does my head in, the way commentators and the likes say "ohhhhh that team was awful" not how good we where, if its Man U, or Arsenal its always they where superb.

We where fuckin great we made them play awful, they where terrified of us so fuck off you [email]tw@ts..[/email]
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Garymacfrom40yardsout wrote:
s@int wrote:Up to third now (if only short term), we could do with both Wigan and Bolton doing us a favour now.

it's down to 3 games IMHO. beat MU home and away, and do arsenal away, and we win the league.

Fail, and we don't.

I'm looking long term though. ASSUMING Rafa stays, we are looking good to take this league in the next 2 or 3 years.

winning the league is not just about beating the big teams mate... we need to win all games against lower oppositions... cause our rivals will be beating them...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Garymacfrom40yardsout » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:18 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Garymacfrom40yardsout wrote:

Fail, and we don't.

winning the league is not just about beating the big teams mate... we need to win all games against lower oppositions... cause our rivals will be beating them...

yes mate, I know that, but our head to heads against them have not been too good this past few years, and we NEED to improve that to win it. the league will be a lot closer this year, and it may WELL go down to our head to heads against them.

This game today was one of them we struggled in in years gone past. this year it's gonna be different!
Garymacfrom40yardsout

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:18 pm

maguskwt wrote:1-0 bolton! anelka!

bo.lloks

My bad haha i thought you were joking. Nice one Anelka. I knew I should have kept him in my fantasy footy.
Last edited by tubby on Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:19 pm

bavlondon wrote:
maguskwt wrote:1-0 bolton! anelka!

bo.lloks

???
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:20 pm

Edited

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:22 pm

I thought we looked very sharp today with our passing, our movement was better and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could have been almost into double figures. I thought everyone had a decent game (even Kuyt and Momo) hard to pick a man of the match as we had so many contenders.  Smith........ :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby The_Rock » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 pm

Diouf and Anelka are having an awesome game...

Gutrie is doing well too.....

Ex-lfc players (and a current one) are doing us proud now...

If manure do lose....it will be an awesome match.

Manure without rooney and ronaldo are sham...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:25 pm

s@int wrote: Smith........ :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The funniest thing about today has to be all the Newcaslte fans booing fat sam haha. Its almost like Souness was managing them again.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:26 pm

s@int wrote:I thought we looked very sharp today with our passing, our movement was better and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could have been almost into double figures. I thought everyone had a decent game (even Kuyt and Momo) hard to pick a man of the match as we had so many contenders.  Smith........ :laugh:

Unbelievable how the announcer said MOTM is Alan Smith, must be on drugs or something.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:31 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:I thought we looked very sharp today with our passing, our movement was better and with a bit more composure in front of goal we could have been almost into double figures. I thought everyone had a decent game (even Kuyt and Momo) hard to pick a man of the match as we had so many contenders.  Smith........ :laugh:

Unbelievable how the announcer said MOTM is Alan Smith, must be on drugs or something.

Yeah that was so strange. Still funny as hell. I wonder what Michael Owen was thinking today.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:32 pm

bolton man almost sent off
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion