NEWCASTLE VS LIVERPOOL - 24th November 12.45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:32 pm

bavlondon wrote:
s@int wrote: Smith........ :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

The funniest thing about today has to be all the Newcaslte fans booing fat sam haha. Its almost like Souness was managing them again.

now we don't wanna be as fickle as them do we...

we should all write a petition to hicks and gillett to give rafa some money  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:35 pm

Just got back from the boozer after watching today's game and I have to say that was the most fun I've had watching Liverpool in a league game for a while now. Rafa had a point to prove and he did it well today.
The fans booing Gerrard are a disgrace, if Owen was on the pitch would he have got the same treatment I wonder?

Anyway here's hoping other teams do us a favour and that Torres confidence hasn't taken a knock today. For me it was only his finishing that was off today, he looked very threatening.

Bye bye fat Sam

March on Redmen!
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby Perry Digweed » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:44 pm

Forever_Red wrote:Just got back from the boozer after watching today's game and I have to say that was the most fun I've had watching Liverpool in a league game for a while now. Rafa had a point to prove and he did it well today.
The fans booing Gerrard are a disgrace, if Owen was on the pitch would he have got the same treatment I wonder?

Anyway here's hoping other teams do us a favour and that Torres confidence hasn't taken a knock today. For me it was only his finishing that was off today, he looked very threatening.

Bye bye fat Sam

March on Redmen!

On the other hand, if booing Gerrard has that effect on him, they can do it every week.
Perry Digweed

Postby Garymacfrom40yardsout » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:54 pm

Perry Digweed wrote:
Forever_Red wrote:Just got back from the boozer after watching today's game and I have to say that was the most fun I've had watching Liverpool in a league game for a while now. Rafa had a point to prove and he did it well today.

Bye bye fat Sam

March on Redmen!

On the other hand, if booing Gerrard has that effect on him, they can do it every week.

EXACTLY what I was saying during the game!  :D
Garymacfrom40yardsout

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Good point, I won't argue with that at all
:D
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby sgs » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:07 pm

Got to be said though, Sisoko's problem is from trying to do too much and not sticking to his strengths, which is breaking up the opponent high up. As no less a person as Didi Hamman stated recently, he just needs to keep it simple. He is a tremendous asset in winning the balls.
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:14 pm

Got to be said though, Sisoko's problem is from trying to do too much and not sticking to his strengths, which is breaking up the opponent high up. As no less a person as Didi Hamman stated recently, he just needs to keep it simple. He is a tremendous asset in winning the balls.

win ball and pass to nearest red....simple
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Forever_Red wrote:

win ball and pass to nearest red....simple

Momo is one of them players that can be world class and abysmal within the space of 30 seconds.

Hes still a young lad so hopefully he will still improve. I cant remmember hearing anything of PAtrick Viiera when he was MoMo's age. CAn you?
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:19 pm

momo is better when we are behind

masher is better when we are winning

agree with the statement? i just think that as soon as we saw how newcastle were setting themselves out (ie very badly) we shoulda had masher from the start. when 1-0 up no one is better than masher, but when we are behind he can be a bit of a liability

(cant remember if ive stolen these thoughts from earlier someone else or me and mates in pub)

by the way, sam is in major danger of being sacked for his AWFUL management of newcastle today
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:24 pm

Momo is one of them players that can be world class and abysmal within the space of 30 seconds.

Hes still a young lad so hopefully he will still improve. I cant remmember hearing anything of PAtrick Viiera when he was MoMo's age. CAn you?

Good point Murph, I remember when we beat Barca and there was a thread on here praising him and rightfully so because he was immense and has been in many other games. Just a bit on consistency needed from the lad. Time will tell
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

Postby redhayesy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Strange game. We were so comfortable, it was surreal, but that's mainly thanks to how w@nk Newcastle were. Great win despite not really hitting top gear, which is a good sign for us again. Lucas, I thought, done a fantastic job filling Xabi's role in a holding job and he looked the part too. Done all the ugly work really well. He's looking a quality buy. Gerrard was fantastic due to this. MOTM is all that needs to be said for him. Alan Smith MOTM from the stadium announcer? Was that just to cheer those miserable Geordie tw@ts up, who let's be honest, were a disgrace? Babel is showing why we bought him now. I think the boy is class. He'll turn out to be a real cracker for us. Torres - he was really unlucky. Played as good as any, and had he even scored one, he was my MOTM. I hope the misses don't dent his confidence, but he was class. Should have scored 5.

On the negatives, I'd say there were two. I'm not really into the trend of slating our own players, but I think the writing has been clearly on the wall now for two of our most prized scapegoats these days. You don't have to guess that Sissoko and Kuyt are the two usual suspects....again. I thought they were just shocking. Sissoko needs to be taught the basics of just how to pass the ball 4 f*cking feet in front of him! Is that too much to ask?! He frustrated the f*ck out of me. Kuyt was just as bad. I forgot he even scored, and from the first 15 minutes, his body language suggested that he didn't even look bothered. These two are starting to be a liability to the team. Replace with better quality ASAP imo.

very good post mate,i totally agree with tour point of
view with momo,as much as i thought it was an awsome
display today by the team, too many times throughout
the game,momo fails to control the ball,find a red shirt
& i"m starting to worry -is he out of his depth playing
for LFC ? i sincerly hope he improves with age i"m sure
he will,but can we afford to give him that time!
i did find his performance today the only concern today.
as for kuyt, to say he didn"t look bothered is a bit harsh.
he set torres up for a couple of his chances,& for me
played his part when we where on the attack, however
my only concern with kuyt is he tends to drift out on the wings to much, instesd of staying in the middle where his
presence is required etc. i do however like & will always
like the fact he is a team player - he tries to close down
defenders when ever he can, he just needs to become
more selfish in & around the penalty area when we chasing a game.
thankfully that was never in doubt today but a good post
ER.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:49 pm

:censored: hell whats the blue :censored: been eating for breckfast the winning 7-1
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:51 pm

NANNY RED wrote: :censored: hell whats the blue :censored: been eating for breckfast the winning 7-1

its only sunderland nan, even johnson scores in that kind of game  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby username » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:55 pm

man utd lost 1-0 :D
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby Forever_Red » Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:57 pm

man utd lost 1-0 

and City drew, I'll take that. Never thought arsenal were going to do anything other than win.
Reclaim The Kop

YNWA
Forever_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion