New partnership - Good move ?.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Thu May 06, 2004 11:27 pm

Strong rumour going around Liverpool at the moment that Gerard houlier will be out at the end of the season. And will be replaced by Dalglish Mcmahon partnership. David Moores would hate to see the end of G.H. but as great respect for Dalglish. And Mcmahon is a good up and coming young manager.He also resigned his post as manager of Blackpool today. What do you think? a possible good move or not.
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:33 pm

Didn't he resign his post last month only to take it back hours later ? ???  i think it has more to do with politics at blackpool than a future Liverpool post for McMahon.

On paper and our our history and way of doing things this would appear to be a rumour that makes sense but i believe it would be a bad move. LFC have tried the partnership role before and we all knew their heart wasn't in it. Bottom line is you have a manager and an assistant, anything else is simply playing with terminology.

Lstening to Dalglish last week on 5 live he wouldn't be drawn on the liverpool Managers job explaining he doesn't comment when a manager is in situ.

Me ? i'd like to see Alan Curbishley and haven't heard a decent reason why he couldn't do thge job at LFC  apart from the fact he has an unfashionable name and is English !!!!!

:D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:43 pm

I dont think that King Kenny can hack the pressure of being a top flight manager, he walked out on us when it got a bit tasty, and also to Newcastle and Blackburn.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Thu May 06, 2004 11:45 pm

Could be Dalgish as manager Mcmahon as assistant.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:47 pm

Leon ? it was the aftermath of Hillsborough and the struggle to come to terms with that above anything else that forced Dalglish to call it a day at LFC.......... I know we had just drew 4-4 with Everton in the Cup but i honestly believe that wasn't Kenny's motivation for leaving.

P.S. Who you reckon for the Liverpool job then ?  Curbishley ? :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:48 pm

Could be but won't be Kenco, It must be a "No News" Day in the nedia , their doing the usual 2=2 =5 story to fill the back pages :blues:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:51 pm

I understand the Hillsbro issue, it stays with all of us, but I dont beleive he is someone who can take the pressure.

Curbishley a good shout, only issue is what would he be like with
a) money to spend, not Bosmans and the like
b) superstar players, like Owen, Kewell, Diouf, Gerrard
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:56 pm

Curbishley handles players well at every level. Look at the way he has put a arm round Di cannio's shoulder and compare that with the way Roeder had probs with him last season ?

And Di Cannio hasn't playeed in a lot of games so its not a question of AC giving Paulo every game to play in .

Also the way he has nurtured Scott Parker and moulded him into the player he is, honestly who had heard of Scott Parketr 18 months ago ?

Also when he sold Scott he got Carlton Cole into the deal PLUS 10 million !!!!! :p  Carlton i believe is one for the future :)

Add to this the respect he earns from his club and people throughout the game and you have yourself a very accomplished manager. :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu May 06, 2004 11:57 pm

PLUS ........... And this is the BEST bit  We would have an AC to go with the MILAN we already have !!!!! LOL :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu May 06, 2004 11:58 pm

You kill me man, you kill me.

:D  :laugh:  :laugh:
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 07, 2004 12:00 am

Well ? what do you think of my answers to your question ? And thanks for the Plaudits regarding my joke .....Its  Gift ;)
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kenco » Fri May 07, 2004 12:18 am

No not in the press at the moment, just a strong rumour doing the rounds of the pubs. Usually the the place were the more realistic inside info comes from, if you are going to back a horse in a race, don't look in the papers.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Fri May 07, 2004 12:21 am

Very true Kenco but then again as my dad always said  "you never see a Bookie on a bike " :D

I was just reading the  Mcmahon story. He's done a good job there and i can see a side in divison 1 stepping in to offer him a job, don't dismiss the Wigan job coming up as Dave Whelan is notoriously impatient with mangers and if Wigan don't make the play offs i can see Stevie going there......
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Fri May 07, 2004 10:51 am

Hey guys AC is a decent enough shout. He's kind of from the same school that Iain Dowie now seems to be attending.

Dunno why everyone seems to believe that you have to have been a top player/well known to be a good manager. It just aint so.
The ability to deal with people is AS important as tactical nous and football knowledge.
Steve Cotterill is a case in mind. I know he has almost every football qualification available, but not a great deal of man-management skills(info. passed to me by someone who worked with him) ,consequently he's almost always out of work.

The ability to communicate your points or philosophies to the players in a way they understand and can take on to the pitch is key to your success as a manager.

Both Curbs and Dowie(good lookin lad??!!) have the ability to communicate with their players whether the players played at a higher level than them or not, and in so doing are able to comand respect which will lead to players "running through walls" for the manager.
daddyo

Postby stmichael » Fri May 07, 2004 12:21 pm

i have said for a couple of months that i would like to see alan curbishley as the next lfc boss and my opinion hasn't changed. he's done a superb job at charlton and deserves a chance to manage a bigger club imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion