Le tallec sent on loan - Is this a good move ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:50 am

According to BBC Sport, Benitez has told Anthony Le Tallec he can go on a sasons loan if his agents can find the right club. 

Personally, i'm disappointed.  I thought Le Tallec would realise his potential this season after last years settling in period.

He was described as the new Platini and while that comparison may have been a bit strong I thought if he was given a chance playing behind the front two he could have made his mark for us this season.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:55 am

yeh i was surprised by that, maybe Beni thinks he needs some first team experience and then bring him back in a few years when he has developed more.

Saying that, I think we are short in the midfield department so loaning out Le Tallec in my eyes means Beni is signing a midfielder or two which is encouraging considering we have been linked with Baraja, Ballack, Rosicky, Aimar etc.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:56 am

I read that too and it seems that Le Tallec will not feature in the plans Benitez 1st season.

I always thought he looks great and will be the creative link to our strikers.

I wished he has more chances to flourish in the league games. I am certain that he is good enough to start now. :(
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:12 am

he must have plans to bring in a midfielder or 2 now with cheyrou diouf and now le talec dont look to be in his plans for this season just hope its someone on the right side with a bit of pace
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieRed » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:28 am

Sorry to break the trend but I believe that it is best that he goes on loan. If he were to stay at liverpool this year he may get A FEW starts but mostly will be the 80th min sub, this isn't going to develop him as a player. Let him go on loan... preferably to a good club where he is able to play week in week out and return next year as an experienced young player... he is only 20.. should he start playing too early at liverpool and his confidence gets a hammering then he will leave and we will lose a player who give him 3-4 yrs will be great!!!
AussieRed

Postby Stan Laurel » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:32 am

I am strongly agree with Rafa about Le Tallec can go for a loan, because it is sensible idea and he is only 20, but I feel he need to play more football in the first team. But he have to make sure that he got to find right club that he can play first team football alot. I don't want Le Tallec to be like what Neil Mellor did at West Ham because he didn't get many chances at Upton Park.
I am sure Le Tallec will become better player when he come back to Anfield in the future.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:14 pm

was just thinking about the midfield situation, surley Benitez is looking at new players otherwise we only have:

Kewell
Gerrard
Diao (perhaps)
Hamann
Murphy
Smicer

no depth there at all, needs a lot of strengthening and I am sure Benitez has got players in mind.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:24 pm

I thin ALT is a good player and going on loan will improve him as he needs regular football!
I would like it to be in a physical leauge though as i think he needs to toughen up a little!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:30 pm

LFC #1 wrote:was just thinking about the midfield situation, surley Benitez is looking at new players otherwise we only have:

Kewell
Gerrard
Diao (perhaps)
Hamann
Murphy
Smicer

no depth there at all, needs a lot of strengthening and I am sure Benitez has got players in mind.

Don't forget we still have Biscan .  :D   :laugh:   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ckay » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:36 pm

It's getting a bit late now!! we have less than 3 weeks to the start of the season and only 2 weeks until out first CL game
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zackboxer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:46 pm

If Rafa doesn't think Le Tallec is quite ready yet then it's better he get's more experience playing regularly on loan than spending the season playing mainly for the reserves.
I've been impressed with what Rafa has said so far and he seems quite shrewd, so maybe he's looking to bring in a midfield player or two in the near future.

And yep Woof, we always have Igor !!  :D  :laugh:
zackboxer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:59 pm

I 100% agree with Rafa. Rafa's decision may secure his career while saving some extra cash as well.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:00 pm

Le Tallac was loaned for a season or two back to the club we signed him from. Apparently he wasnt ready then. He has a year back, in and out the team, and now hes away again. I just read an article in which Benitez is supposed to have said the lad wanted a move. Seems he wants to play week in week out, something we cannot offer. Benitez wants him to stay and rates him, so I guess he just not settling in. It just doesnt seem to be working out for him at Anfield. Guess we may not see him again.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:26 pm

LFC #1 wrote:was just thinking about the midfield situation, surley Benitez is looking at new players otherwise we only have:

Kewell
Gerrard
Diao (perhaps)
Hamann
Murphy
Smicer

With ALT (who most would consider an attacking midfield option) going out on loan it looks like Rafa might have to do quite a bit of work in the transfer market.

Looking at who we have in midfield:

First teamers

Gerrard - obvious first choice
Kewell - ditto
Hamann - just one year left on contract and increasingly less effective, too slow
Murphy - coming off the back of a very mediocre season, ball retention poor
Smicer - one year left on contract, too injury prone
Biscan - ummmmm

Outcasts
Diouf - desperate to get rid
Diao - again looking to shift on

Kids/on loan
ALT, Welsh, Potter, Diarra

The attacking options are looking few and far between. Three weeks to go to the start of the league season. Tick follows tock very quickly at this time of year.  :(

Oh well, don't worry, Van Der Vaart, Aimar, Baraja, Xabi Alonso and Ballack are all signing next week. 

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby barnesrush » Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:43 pm

hopefully this just means he will return to liverpool next season ready for first team action. id love him to stay but if he will only play in the reserves its worth him going for the experience. hopefully there wont be an option to buy:(
cut me and i bleed red
barnesrush

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion