New defender

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:47 am

Well Mcfaddens only over the park and dioufs up the road , i'm sure they could keep him occupied .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:49 am

PALETTA JOINS BOCA JUNIORS

Liverpool Football Club have confirmed the sale of Gabriel Paletta to Argentine side Boca Juniors. 
The young centre-back had been at Anfield since the summer of 2006.

Liverpool snapped him up from Banfield following impressive displays in the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championships.

Argentina won the tournament, with Paletta playing in all seven games alongside the likes of Lionel Messi.

The 21-year-old made his Reds debut on October 25, 2006 in a 4-3 League Cup victory over Reading at Anfield. He capped an impressive display with a second-half goal.

Paletta went on to play eight times for the club.

Liverpoolfc.tv wishes him all the best for the future.

LFC.TV

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:50 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Well Mcfaddens only over the park and dioufs up the road , i'm sure they could keep him occupied .

I was going to say something about Diouf and spitting, but I wont go down that road, although Sol might.  :D
66-1112520797

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:51 am

Gabriel Paletta has now left on a permanent basis according to the official website. What with it being so close the transfer deadline I assume that Rafa either has a centre back lined up or has faith that Jack Hobbs can fill the 4th centre back position.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:51 am

That's interesting - I thought Paletta was just being loaned out.

No bad thing IMO. He just didn't look like he could cut it over here. Good luck to the lad, but I certainly won't miss him.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:52 am

I thought it was only on loan , rafa obviously knows he's not good enough. Like the rest of us i might add. Wonder if he takes it up the tea towel holder.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Excellent news on Aurelio from .tv...

Liverpool have been boosted by the return to light training of left-back Fabio Aurelio.

The Brazilian, who has made 25 appearances since arriving at Anfield from Valencia a year ago, has been missing for five months after rupturing his Achilles tendon against PSV in April.

Aurelio could make his return to the first team within weeks.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Kukilon » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:05 pm

Good news! Palletta was not good enough for us and it's great that Aurelio is on his way back.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:27 pm

Puts requisite Hard Hat on....

How about Paul Scharner of Wigan?

"Liverpool have made the best summer signings, and they are a club I'd be very interested in joining."

Hate quoting anything from this site..(tribal) But the fella is attributed with saying it. Allegedly, so ive heard, apparantly....

Any good? No? Take me hat off yet.....

???   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:46 pm

I think we do need to sign some CB cover.  Luckily, we're not skint so we can afford to pay a little bit to get a useful player.  Someone like Sol Campbell is a great shout but would he want to sit on the bench once Carra's back?  In any event, I'm sure there's someone in Spain that Rafa has in mind! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:09 pm

bigmick wrote:We shouldn't sell Crouch and I don't think we will for one minute. We do though need another centre-half, (we did even before Carraghers injury) and the need is even more obvious now. I think the likelyhood is that we'll see an overseas import on a free who nobody has heard of, and to be honest if he is as good in his position as Voronin is in his, I'd have no complaints at all.

I think there should be some good players in the championship we could sign... I read somewhere that hughes signed chris samba for 400,000 pounds and he looked pretty good against eversh1t.

Also, anyone knows any good scottish CB we could sign ? (ie....the great LFC sides in the past always had good scottish players)...
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:10 pm

how about me?
im good at ball picking

ok are we looking for a cover or a player who will push carra and agger? if its just a cover, we can go for someone in the mold of arjen de zeeuw.
if its for the future then paul scharner isnt a bad option. bruno alves from porto isnt that bad either.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Anfield rapper » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:07 pm

I don't think Richards would want to join us to be honest. He would surley be aware that when Carragher returns he would be on the bench.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Dotty » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:44 pm

John Terry could cover till JC gets back we should be able to get him as he would want a big club

Although When JC gets back he may find he spends time fighting for a position on the bench :help
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby red37 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Red Dotty wrote:John Terry could cover till JC gets back we should be able to get him as he would want a big club

Although When JC gets back he may find he spends time fighting for a position on the bench :help

Random post that mate. Don't want that spacehopper headed c*nt anywhere near our club.  How do you reckon "we should be able to get him" anyway  ???

Going to have to be someone else there.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion