New defender

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:20 am

Ciggy wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Momo can't play in CB, best position for him is DM or CM.

We need new sweeper or CB. Hope that Rafa will break the bank again, someone like Micah Richards (cash with PC ), Fabricio Coloccini, Milito, Daniele Bonera, Cristian Chivu, Philippe Mexes, Sergio Ramos but my first choice is Vincent Kompany and Anthony Vanden Borre (maybe 20m for these two )

Who ever said Momo could play as a CB?
???

Cisse :D

:angry:  :D
LFC2007

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:20 am

Ciggy wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Momo can't play in CB, best position for him is DM or CM.

We need new sweeper or CB. Hope that Rafa will break the bank again, someone like Micah Richards (cash with PC ), Fabricio Coloccini, Milito, Daniele Bonera, Cristian Chivu, Philippe Mexes, Sergio Ramos but my first choice is Vincent Kompany and Anthony Vanden Borre (maybe 20m for these two )

Who ever said Momo could play as a CB?
???

Cisse :D

No guys .... what i mean is "if its don't break, don't fix it but if its break, fix with the new ones".

Look at Cheshit last season, one of the reason is because JM play M.E at CB.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:24 am

It was me that said about Sissoko, but only if we're in a situation where we get another injury mid-game, and we have no back-up on the bench. In that situation we'd have to rejig, and he's the best currently fit player I think we have to put in there. Once Gerrard's back, he'd be the best option.

So, to clarify, I am not advocating that we start any game any time with Momo Sissoko at centre back. :laugh:

Oh, and breaking the bank for a player just because Carra might be out for 6 weeks is madness. Hyypia may even be able to play against Toulouse - remember how quickly Crouch came back from his broken nose last season? I reckon, worst case scenario, Rafa will bring in some Spaniard we've never heard of on a short-term loan.
ivor_the_injun

Postby weringo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:32 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:It was me that said about Sissoko, but only if we're in a situation where we get another injury mid-game, and we have no back-up on the bench. In that situation we'd have to rejig, and he's the best currently fit player I think we have to put in there. Once Gerrard's back, he'd be the best option.

So, to clarify, I am not advocating that we start any game any time with Momo Sissoko at centre back. :laugh:

Oh, and breaking the bank for a player just because Carra might be out for 6 weeks is madness. Hyypia may even be able to play against Toulouse - remember how quickly Crouch came back from his broken nose last season? I reckon, worst case scenario, Rafa will bring in some Spaniard we've never heard of on a short-term loan.

Finnan and Arbeloa would surely make better centre backs than Gerrard?
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:36 am

Arbeloa's one of the players I'm talking about Gerrard potentially covering for. If Arbeloa's already in the centre of defence, and Finnan needs to come in for Agger, who's covering Finnan?
ivor_the_injun

Postby weringo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:38 am

ivor_the_injun wrote:Arbeloa's one of the players I'm talking about Gerrard potentially covering for. If Arbeloa's already in the centre of defence, and Finnan needs to come in for Agger, who's covering Finnan?

Wait... what's wrong with Agger?  :D
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:39 am

Apparently he's the new Glenn Hysen, and not the new Alan Hansen, so I'm told, that's what's wrong with him. :D
ivor_the_injun

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:31 am

Time to get on the phone to Frode Kippe!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aussie_red » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:52 am

I dont see why people would want to sell an england international but playing for England these days isnt a real big thing even Heskey notched a few games up lol. I think we should try to blood one of the younger boys could save you a few mill down the track if you develop the younger players.
aussie_red

Postby The_Rock » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:15 am

Don't think we should sell crouch...I can use the same argument for our strikers here...

IF either Torres, voronin and Kuyt is injured what are we gonna do ?  Play Babel as a striker ? When he has been less than impressive ....

Crouch is still a integral part of the team. I am sure by end of this season he would have played loads of matches...Think if Kuyt still fails to decieve and if voronin goes through a bad patch of form...crouch will be more than a able deputy. We don't want to get into the situation the scums are in at the moment where they out to put john o'shea as a emergency striker rite...

Selling crouch would be like having the same discussion as selling alonso as we have so many other players capable of playing in CM.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:20 am

I Think sell crouch for 15 mil put in a 8 mil bid for ashly young ,
Then a 13 mil for mika that way we get a very good left back a very good young CB and we only spend 6 mil .  :wwww
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:08 am

The same Ashley Young that Villa recently bought for 8-10 Million ( with add ons etc ) i thought he was a Midfielder ?

Curtis Davis would cost closer to 15 Million, and although I would love us to sign Micah Richards he would cost a lot more.

The next 2 games shouldn't be a problem for us even if Sami isn't fit, even before yesterdays injuries Rafa obviously identified the need for cover in deffence with his attempt to sign Heinze, but I would have thought that he would have more than one possible target in mind, even if he says he hadn't considered anyone such was his confidence in getting Heinze.

Is there 10 days left to sign someone  ?
destro

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am

We shouldn't sell Crouch and I don't think we will for one minute. We do though need another centre-half, (we did even before Carraghers injury) and the need is even more obvious now. I think the likelyhood is that we'll see an overseas import on a free who nobody has heard of, and to be honest if he is as good in his position as Voronin is in his, I'd have no complaints at all.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mungi » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:00 am

any1 one reckon hobbs or paletta (is he loaned out) can step up and fill the gap. maybe push arbeloa in (played CB before) and bring in some1 like insua. thoughts?
mungi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:05 am

bigmick wrote:We shouldn't sell Crouch and I don't think we will for one minute. We do though need another centre-half, (we did even before Carraghers injury) and the need is even more obvious now. I think the likelyhood is that we'll see an overseas import on a free who nobody has heard of, and to be honest if he is as good in his position as Voronin is in his, I'd have no complaints at all.

niether would I , if we get just cash from the owners then i happy but they can't just keep handing out cash can they ?

sorry i was drunk last night i dont know where ashly young come from lol

i think i ment leighton baines haha he would be a good signing.

Well i depends on mika he has a buy out clause i have seen about for 10 mil i think.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion