New defender

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:17 am

LegBarnes wrote:i think i ment leighton baines haha he would be a good signing.

Hmmm  ???

There are definately one or two newish members on here at the moment who have some strange ideas. There are others who simply have no idea.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MightyLFC » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:21 am

Bring a reserve player in
MightyLFC

Postby MightyLFC » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:31 am

Stephen Darby looks alright
MightyLFC

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:40 am

I can only come to the conclusion "Mighty" that you fall firmly into the second category. You talk of promoting a "reserve" player and then bypass the most obvious candidate based on Rafa's previous selections (Hobbs or perhaps Palletta recalled off loan) both who would be a bad idea in my view, and instead plump for some other random bloke.

Like your cohort who thinks we should sign a bloke that made his debut for Everton on Saturday (I suppose it would save him having to move house and stuff) I am finding it increasingly difficult to believe that you are as clueless as you appear entirely by accident.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:41 am

MightyLFC wrote:Bring a reserve player in

Who ?
66-1112520797

Postby The Ace1983 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:47 am

I'm almost glad these injuries have happened now because if Rafa wants a new lad in, he's still got a little time to do it. I can't see him relying on Paletta long term, but Hyypia may only miss a couple of games.

I like the Micah Richards idea but i have a feeling that if we don't get the timing right, we're gonna start a bidding war that we probably can't win.

In a fantasy world, If it was up to me, if I had to find a centre half at short notice for small money who will play at a good standard, who has premiership experience, but won't mind being 4th choice for the rest of the season... actually, there probably isn't anyone who ticks all of those boxes unless we bring Phil Babb out of retirement. Anyone?  :D
Maybe a player like Watford's Jay Demerit would be worth it. He's still young, he plays for the USA, he was, aside from Ashley Young and Ben Foster, Watford's only consistant talent last season. But at the end of the day, Paletta would still be better. In short, I don't think it'd be worth it unles we're talking about bringing in a superstar (Puyol/Cannavaro/etc) and overhauling our entire defence which would cost too much and would be a flamboyancy. Sami will only miss a couple with a wonky hooter and if Paletta is ever going to be good enough, playing against teams like Toulousse and Derby should be within his grasp.

So, I don't see us getting in a new face, because the quality/cash/squad-status conundrum is too specific without shaking up the squad in some way and I'd say to Rafa "Don't rock the boat" but then he knows more about this than I do. What will be, will be.

Ah. Just seen that Paletta's signed for Boca Juniors. Right. Well, in that case, I think we should al panic and run around like headless chickens. Sign whoever'll come!!!
:D
Last edited by The Ace1983 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:10 am

LegBarnes wrote:sorry i was drunk last night i dont know where ashly young come from lol

i think i ment leighton baines haha he would be a good signing.

??? How much did you have to drink last night !?, do you mean the same Leighton Baines that the "Small Club" have just signed ?

Been looking on the old Bosman list for any hidden gems not much choice of Deffenders, if he needs to bring one in Rafa will already have started talks
destro

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:20 am

It might be worth having a little dabble with Sol Cambell, how much do you reckon he's worth.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:26 am

Igor Zidane wrote:It might be worth having a little dabble with Sol Cambell, how much do you reckon he's worth.

Hmmm, him an Agger might get it on with a Pineapple  for desert ???   :;):   :D
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:33 am

sorry i didnt see that everton signed him i dont like everton enuff to follow them that close .

And dont get all smart just cos you put every thing some one says in google then try to look like a smart :censored: with remarks like that.

Shame really he is a very good tallent
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:33 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:It might be worth having a little dabble with Sol Cambell, how much do you reckon he's worth.

Hmmm, him an Agger might get it on with a Pineapple  for desert ???   :;):   :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: With a bit of whipped cream on top if there LUCKY, GET IT.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:38 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Hmmm, him an Agger might get it on with a Pineapple  for desert

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: With a bit of whipped cream on top if there LUCKY, GET IT.

Yes I get it.

And a bit of fudge under the Pineapple, just for good measure.
66-1112520797

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:44 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Yes I get it.

Think Agger might find that pairing a bit of an UPHILL struggle   :O
destro

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:45 am

destro wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Yes I get it.

Think Agger might find that pairing a bit of an UPHILL struggle   :O

It should be right up his ALLEY then.
66-1112520797

Postby destro » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:47 am

:D Innuendo Sunday, what has the forum come to
destro

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion