NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:52 pm

Reg » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:12 pm wrote:So is that a Yes or a No?   :laugh:  :rasp  :laugh:

:laugh: , Erm , remind me, what was the question ?   :rasp

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:44 am

It's a tough one when answering if FSG have done a good job or not. I've always said that everything they've done was done to make them as much money possible, and I fully stand by that.

The expansion of the stadium and the new training facilities were built instead of putting that money into buying new players to improve the team.. that's a smart buisness move. The club is now valued at 3/4 billion and they will take maximum profit and move onto their next project.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:51 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:44 am wrote:It's a tough one when answering if FSG have done a good job or not. I've always said that everything they've done was done to make them as much money possible, and I fully stand by that.

The expansion of the stadium and the new training facilities were built instead of putting that money into buying new players to improve the team.. that's a smart buisness move. The club is now valued at 3/4 billion and they will take maximum profit and move onto their next project.

Shock horror a businessman wants to make money !! There key objective which they outlined at the outset was to run a sustainable business. To the best of my knowledge FSG have taken absolutely nothing out of the business since they bought the club. In fact, the reverse is true, they have loaned money to the club for development purposes. Of course they have made mistakes - what business gets everything right? Importantly none of their mistakes have been to the long term detriment of Liverpool Football Club and were very quickly rectified. The only reason the club is worth £3/4b is down to FSG’s stewardship and getting the vast majority of decisions correct. Yes they could have done more in terms of buying players but let’s face it if we had 11 Lionel Messi’s some people still wouldn’t be happy.

United have spent £1175m on players in net terms over the last 10 years and just look at what they have achieved post Ferguson. Everton have actually spent more than LFC over the last 10 years and achieved nothing other than nearly getting relegated!!  Arsenal have spent nearly three quarters of a billion pound in the same period and have achieved virtually nothing except a few FA Cups. Compared to some of these so-called big hitters our owners have done a remarkable job!!

To suggest that it is difficult to assess if FSG have done a good job only becomes difficult when the answer which is clearly YES doesn’t meet the narrative of the individual that is finding the question difficult !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:26 am

They've taken nothing out of the club? They are going to walk away with £3.7bn profit!!

All the sponsors, all the revenue, all the tv money is going straight into their backs pockets when a new owner comes in and pays the asking price of £4bn.

All they have done running a "sustainable" buisness is price out any normal buisnessman/group into buying Liverpool FC..

They have left no debts, but I feel having to pay £4bn in the first place is a massive debt paid straight to them personally to buy the club.

They have used the clubs name to make themselves as much money as they can, while putting very little in.

They literally stole £3.7bn.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:45 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:26 am wrote:They've taken nothing out of the club? They are going to walk away with £3.7bn profit!!

All the sponsors, all the revenue, all the tv money is going straight into their backs pockets when a new owner comes in and pays the asking price of £4bn.

All they have done running a "sustainable" buisness is price out any normal buisnessman/group into buying Liverpool FC..

They have left no debts, but I feel having to pay £4bn in the first place is a massive debt paid straight to them personally to buy the club.

They have used the clubs name to make themselves as much money as they can, while putting very little in.

:D  you been drinking?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:47 pm

Well apparently, in the 12 years they've been here, the owners have spent around £1.114b on transfer deals, but have also recouped around £790m from sales. That's a total net spend of £324m or £27m per year. Now I'm not an expert in finance but is £324m all we've made in 12 years from sponsors, TV rights, etc? I mean I guess there's the wages to think about as well, but still £27m per year to me it doesn't seem like a lot to spend on transfers in this day and age.
Last edited by damjan193 on Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:49 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:26 am wrote:They've taken nothing out of the club? They are going to walk away with £3.7bn profit!!

They literally stole £3.7b ??????  Possibly the most idiotic thing I have every read on this forum and that is saying something  :help  :laugh:  :help  :laugh:  :help  :laugh: Perhaps you regard anybody that invests in the stock market and buys shares and subsequently sells them at a higher price a thief !! You clearly have the business acumen of an ant !!
Last edited by devaney on Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:50 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 am wrote:Well apparently, in the 12 years they've been here, the owners have spent around £1.114b on transfer deals, but have also recouped around £790m from sales. That's a total net spend of £324m or £27m per year. Now I'm not an expert in finance but is £324m all we've made in 12 years from sponsors, TV rights, etc?

Surely you need to take into account a wage bill that’s 2/3rds the income
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:53 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:50 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:47 am wrote:Well apparently, in the 12 years they've been here, the owners have spent around £1.114b on transfer deals, but have also recouped around £790m from sales. That's a total net spend of £324m or £27m per year. Now I'm not an expert in finance but is £324m all we've made in 12 years from sponsors, TV rights, etc?

Yeah, that was a fast reply haha. I added to my post before I saw this, yes there's the wages to think about obviously, but £27m per year seems like mid-table club money to spend on transfers in this day and age.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:13 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:53 am wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:50 pm wrote:

Yeah, that was a fast reply haha. I added to my post before I saw this, yes there's the wages to think about obviously, but £27m per year seems like mid-table club money to spend on transfers in this day and age.

Using an average out doesn’t always give the full picture - but we have paid a lot of money out in contracts etc ad well
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:23 pm

devaney » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:49 pm wrote:

They literally stole £3.7b ??????  Possibly the most idiotic thing I have every read on this forum and that is saying something  :help  :laugh:  :help  :laugh:  :help  :laugh: Perhaps you regard anybody that invests in the stock market and buys shares and subsequently sells them at a higher price a thief !! You clearly have the business acumen of an ant !!
I mean I've got abit OTT to get my point across..

I just can't understand how you can't see that FSG have used the club to purely make money for themselves.. and not only that, you've supported them for it.

I understand the buisness acumen behind it, I just don't support it.

If you genuinely feel that all the money we've earned in the last 12 years has been pumped back into the club, then you are clearly deluded.

They haven't took anything out of the club is all I've hear from FSG supporters ... but they're going to eventually walk away with 3.7bn. So they'll be the only ones winning at the end of it all, while we fall back into mediocrity.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Nov 13, 2022 1:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:23 pm wrote:
devaney » Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:49 pm wrote:

I mean I've got abit OTT to get my point across..

I just can't understand how you can't see that FSG have used the club to purely make money for themselves.. and not only that, you've supported them for it.

I understand the buisness acumen behind it, I just don't support it.

If you genuinely feel that all the money we've earned in the last 12 years has been pumped back into the club, then you are clearly deluded.

They haven't took anything out of the club is all I've hear from FSG supporters ... but they're going to eventually walk away with 3.7bn. So they'll be the only ones winning at the end of it all, while we fall back into mediocrity.

So if the money earned hasn’t been pumped back into the club where has it gone then ?

And I’m guessing you think they have falsified the books then
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:25 pm

I keep hearing the same sentence being bandied about "they left us in a much better state than they sold us".........

How is this remotely true if they end up selling us to another Hicks and Gillett consortium, a rich oil sheik that needs to sportswash his image through our club or a clueless muppet like a Boehly who fires Klopp after a few weeks into the job, because he isn't "winning enough"

In order to maximise their profits they will sell us to the highest bidder, they won't give a s**t about the buyer

A lot of you suffering from severe cognitive dissonance on this one.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:47 am

eds » Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:25 pm wrote:I keep hearing the same sentence being bandied about "they left us in a much better state than they sold us".........

How is this remotely true if they end up selling us to another Hicks and Gillett consortium, a rich oil sheik that needs to sportswash his image through our club or a clueless muppet like a Boehly who fires Klopp after a few weeks into the job, because he isn't "winning enough"

In order to maximise their profits they will sell us to the highest bidder, they won't give a s**t about the buyer

A lot of you suffering from severe cognitive dissonance on this one.

The club is in a better place than when they bought us - it’s that simple , a new owner would be taking control of a club far better than what it was when FSG bought it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:16 am

Are you sure you will keep you job as press secretary for FSG now that they're selling?
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion