NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:20 pm

kazza » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:21 pm wrote:I don’t care about this owner or that owner, I care about the club both on the field and off it and I’m worried about the instability that will come with new ownership.

This was my point, football clubs have become vanity items and in these difficult economic and political times we need certainty.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:43 pm

red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:59 am wrote:What they are doing is pushing the debt down the road to the next buyer kazza which will ultimately be the end of the Club. Unless that money comes from an oil state but that is not what the fans of this club want and rightfully so.

They got lucky with Klopp bringing the success that he did and they did not give him the power to buy the team he wanted. He has had to make do with what was on offer and often it was little or nothing. We had to go a few seasons ago with a makeshift defence and this season with a midfield so no they don't back him. No klopp equates to one league cup. They did appoint him so credit for that but he brought the success on the field which is what matters.

We always had a global fan base kazza that other clubs envied. We have always been a premium brand capable of growth but just because we are owned by them doesn't mean they made us that. LFC have alway been one of the top clubs in the game.

Would they have been interested in another club other than us. The answer would be No.

What debt are they “pushing down the road” ?

And Klopp spending little or nothing ? - he has spent over £700mil on players ?!

How the hell did we amass a team ? Magic beans
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:27 pm

£4.3bn Liverpool takeover 'plotted' by Dubai investors who failed with 2007 bid
Interested parties are beginning to circle after Fenway Sports Group (FSG) put Liverpool up for sale, with Dubai International Capital among the contenders to take over

ByFreddie KeighleySports Reporter
19:58, 8 Nov 2022UPDATED20:16, 8 Nov 2022

Investors in Dubai are weighing up purchasing Liverpool for $5billion (£4.3bn) after Fenway Sports Group (FSG) put the club up for sale, according to reports in the Middle East.

FSG are willing to offload the Reds after 12 years of ownership and released a statement on Monday confirming it "would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club". Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley are assisting with the process as offers are invited.

Liverpool were valued at over £3.5bn by Forbes in May this year, nearly 12 times the amount FSG purchased the club for in 2010. The American sports investment company has set a £4billion asking price to part ways with the club, so it will take a hugely-rich individual, consortium or state to take over the Reds.

The prospect of Middle Eastern investors buying the Anfield side appears one of the more likely options due to the wealth of the Gulf states. In an eye-catching update on Tuesday, Arabian Business reported that Dubai International Capital (DIC) 'could be eyeing' purchasing Liverpool.

It would not be the first time DIC has attempted to take over on Merseyside, as it failed with a $360million (£312m) bid back in 2007. Sameer Al Ansari, the founding chairman of Dubai's sovereign wealth fund, opened up about the offer during an interview with Arabian Business in 2014 and claimed there was a hold-up due to him being a Liverpool fan.

"We would have been the first to do it [a takeover] out of this region," Al Ansari said. "As soon as they [Liverpool] won the Champions League in 2005, we got serious about due diligence in 2006 and almost signed in January 2007.

"What delayed us is because everyone knew Sameer was a lifelong fan of Liverpool, including His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. So we did three times the amount of due diligence, as I had to prove the business sense and there were very few clubs, frankly, where you can make a business sense."

Instead, Liverpool were bought by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr., who ran up up huge debts prior to FSG taking over the club in 2010. DIC has a chance to go one better than 15 years ago after FSG's decision to sell the club and it could become one of a number of Middle Eastern owners in European football.

Newcastle were bought by Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund last year and Manchester City have been owned by Abu Dhabi-based City Football Group since 2008. French giants Paris Saint-Germain were purchased by Qatar Sports Investments in 2011.

If they did extra due diligence to buy Liverpool at 300 million, they will never pay 4 billion
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:26 pm

.[/quote]

And Klopp spending little or nothing ? - he has spent over £700mil on players ?!

How the hell did we amass a team ? Magic beans[/quote

Can you not read ? I clearly said where the debt will come from.

Since 2015 they have allocated 145.5 million from the clubs earnings to back the manager https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/ ... nings.html

We built the team on a sell to buy policy.

Some questions for you now!!

What will you do with yourself now when they bale out?

Will you be unemployed ?

Will you get a severance payment ?

Will it be the last we see of you ?

Being honest mate I have never come across another Liverpool fan so invested in defending the owners as much as you do. You are active on other forums too but only in one thread spewing the same tripe over and over in defence of them with your holier than thou "Opinion".

If I got a tenner for everytime I have seen you post in their defence I could be in a position to buy the club myself!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:58 pm

Completely bizarre the "shower of love and praise" being poured into this lot from some our fans as some sort of pathetic eulogy for how "wonderful" they have been.

Their first 5-6 years under their tenure where downright scandalous. From the appointments of Comolli (remember that joker), the used car salesman Rodgers (who has been found out big time at Leicester and will be inevitably sacked this season) to the criminal transfer policy we had buying absolute dross into the football club. Clueless from pillar to post.

And now they are ridding high off the coat-tails of Klopp and the success he has produced in his time he has been here with the very limited net spend he has had at his disposal yet still produce miracle after miracle. Yet somehow they are the ones we should be praising, not Klopp  :help

They have continued to make blunder after blunder in recent times as well from the raising of ticket prices, to the furloughing of staff to the ultimate kick in the teeth of joining Europe's list of deplorables in creating a disgraceful super league, which would have been the death-knell of football as we see it. A true list of villainy that Monty Burns would be proud of himself.

And yet you still have the kool-aid band coming to their rescue every time they continue to make bad decisions on behalf of our football club. The constant PR spin we had an ad nauseum from this lot, has been how "well off the club is now". This spin won't count for sh** once they sell us the highest bidding venture capitalist, petrol sheik, sportswashing gangster who will make them extremely rich, while we are left to contend with whatever jo blow criminal ends up owning us.

Good riddance to them.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:03 am

Nice to hear from you eds, how are you mate?

Your points are shallow and easy to explain but to be honest, I'm not sure you'll change your narrative.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:15 am

Reg, hope you are well mate. Yeah I guess we will never agree on FSG, aye?

Been ages since I posted here. Just read RAWK these days on everyone's opinions, don't have time to post like I did when I was younger.

I can see the newkit forum is still being run these days, which is good to see, I pop in every now and then to have a bit of laugh on who is still here :)
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:06 pm

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/f ... e-25469089

Think at this stage it's safe to say the Club is definitely up for sale. 3 billion is the reported figure they would be willing to listen to offers at.

Personally I think this could all be done before the league resumes at the end of December.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:33 pm

How the hell did we amass a team ? Magic beans

Can you not read ? I clearly said where the debt will come from.

Since 2015 they have allocated 145.5 million from the clubs earnings to back the manager https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/ ... nings.html

We built the team on a sell to buy policy.

Some questions for you now!!

What will you do with yourself now when they bale out?

Will you be unemployed ?

Will you get a severance payment ?

Will it be the last we see of you ?

Being honest mate I have never come across another Liverpool fan so invested in defending the owners as much as you do. You are active on other forums too but only in one thread spewing the same tripe over and over in defence of them with your holier than thou "Opinion".

If I got a tenner for everytime I have seen you post in their defence I could be in a position to buy the club myself!!

Why will I get a severance pay ?

And every penny we make goes back into the club

Money spent on players since they arrived £1.2bn - net around £550mil

Since Klopp arrived £705mil

https://www.lfchistory.net/Transfers/ByManager/28/1

Klopp's net spend by season
Season Estimated net spend (£m)
2015/16* 5
2016/17 4
2017/18 58
2018/19 163
2019/20 0
2020/21 93
2021/22 41
2022/23 19 so far

Not sure where the £145mil comes from that you got

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/ ... cM5BO4xdWQ

So how do you want them to sell the club ? Have they not played their part in the growth of the club ?

It’s always funny when someone says “they got lucky with Klopp” :D - no they employed him you clown to do a job because they thought he was the perfect man for the job when someone else didn’t work out - it wasn’t “luck”

Just as it wasn’t luck to employ Edwards or Hogan or Ward

People like you are utterly clueless - look at the club now and compare it to when they arrived

We are the best run club in the Prem , we have grown on and off the field back up to our perch - yet you throw your toys about because they don’t spend more money.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:37 pm

What a f...ing surprise. Americans are TERRIBLE owners of a football club.
I've said from day 1 they did not save the club, they are as always interested in making tons cash.
And now that the team has an aging squad and needs massive investment they put the club up for sale 10 times what they paid.
Absolute garbage even though some deluded fan boys never gave up defending them...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:24 pm

Penguins » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:37 pm wrote:What a f...ing surprise. Americans are TERRIBLE owners of a football club.
I've said from day 1 they did not save the club, they are as always interested in making tons cash.
And now that the team has an aging squad and needs massive investment they put the club up for sale 10 times what they paid.
Absolute garbage even though some deluded fan boys never gave up defending them...

How are they terrible ?

Is the improvements in the club ?

The stadium ?

The players ?

The trophies ?

The training ground ?

The staff ?

If they are “terrible” then what the hell are all the other owners then
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Penguins » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:37 pm wrote:What a f...ing surprise. Americans are TERRIBLE owners of a football club.

Businessmen interested in making money is a given as that is what businessmen do. Aging squad is also a given as all squads age, It’s not an old squad though. We have an old midfield that needs addressing but we have a lot of youth and players in their prime. Without Milner, our average age is probably 25 which is not old.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:02 am

eds » Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:58 pm wrote:Completely bizarre the "shower of love and praise" being poured into this lot from some our fans as some sort of pathetic eulogy for how "wonderful" they have been.

Their first 5-6 years under their tenure where downright scandalous. From the appointments of Comolli (remember that joker), the used car salesman Rodgers (who has been found out big time at Leicester and will be inevitably sacked this season) to the criminal transfer policy we had buying absolute dross into the football club. Clueless from pillar to post.

And now they are ridding high off the coat-tails of Klopp and the success he has produced in his time he has been here with the very limited net spend he has had at his disposal yet still produce miracle after miracle. Yet somehow they are the ones we should be praising, not Klopp  :help

They have continued to make blunder after blunder in recent times as well from the raising of ticket prices, to the furloughing of staff to the ultimate kick in the teeth of joining Europe's list of deplorables in creating a disgraceful super league, which would have been the death-knell of football as we see it. A true list of villainy that Monty Burns would be proud of himself.

And yet you still have the kool-aid band coming to their rescue every time they continue to make bad decisions on behalf of our football club. The constant PR spin we had an ad nauseum from this lot, has been how "well off the club is now". This spin won't count for sh** once they sell us the highest bidding venture capitalist, petrol sheik, sportswashing gangster who will make them extremely rich, while we are left to contend with whatever jo blow criminal ends up owning us.

Good riddance to them.  :no

You remain as clueless as ever  :help  I won’t even justify your garbage with a detailed response.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:56 pm

F*ck it, may as well throw in my two pence worth.

Since they took over we've won the CL league, the premiership and other trophies along the way. They've made significant improvements to the stadium and returned us to being one of the most feared clubs in the world.

Could FSG have done more ? maybe, but for f*cks sake let's not forget the state we where in prior to their arrival.

In the last 5 or so years we have been the most exciting team to watch. Even those who hate us admit this.

Times change and we are now in a period of transition, rebuilding the team being a first priority.  If FSG recognise they don't have or can't invest the money required to keep pace with the state funded clubs and decide to sell up and move on I'll just thank them for their stewardship of the club. If they go even the most blind deaf dumb and lemon sucking fan will have to admit they've left us in a far better place than they found us in .   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:12 pm

So is that a Yes or a No?   :laugh:  :rasp  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion