NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kartiek » Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:45 am

Mikz » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:57 pm wrote:As long as they dont have short arms and long pockets , i wouldnt be that bothered, a league win b ANY means  :buttrock

I know people don't feel strongly enough about Saudi royal family ownership, but they really should. These people are the cause of a lot of sick violence in the world today; and responsible for funding hate.

It's going to absolutely suck for me because I do care about this. How do you stop supporting a club you've supported for 12 years now? You basically don't.
kartiek

Postby Reg » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:55 am

I actually agree with you on this mate, we shouldn't be so callous as to ignore the facts.

Saudi.
1. Corrupt as heII
2. Major supporter of global terrorism
3. Appalling human rights record
4. Appalling womens rights record and overall Saudi society's treatment of women

Russia (Abramovich & friends)
1. Corrupt as heII
2. Major supporter of global terrorism
3. Appalling human rights record
4. Just repealed domestic violence laws, ie womens rights to protection in the home

I'll happily stick with FSG fora nother 50 years than accept Saudi or Russian money.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 am

Apparently has nothing to do with investing in the club but rather just choosing NB as their kit provider
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 pm

Reg  I find it amazing that some fans couldn't give a flying fk about who the owners are providing they throw enough money at the job for us to win the league .  Modern day football mate. Shankly is probably turning in his grave !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:48 am

Thanks for the support Dev, we must always support the oppressed, those less fortunate than ourselves.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 pm

Few on social media suggesting FSG are actually charging us £1.5m a year over 5 years as interest for the stand loan, initially they advised the loan was interest free.

If this is accurate then its really poor and they should defiantly be put under pressure to explain that and re-affirm their 'commitment' to the club.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:32 pm

parchpea wrote:Few on social media suggesting FSG are actually charging us £1.5m a year over 5 years as interest for the stand loan, initially they advised the loan was interest free.

If this is accurate then its really poor and they should defiantly be put under pressure to explain that and re-affirm their 'commitment' to the club.

Although I do believe the loan for the stadium and any other loan they give us is interest free it still comes at a price. I would say those figures are what it costs to facilitate the loan over the term. We more than likely also paid fee's to start it up along with an exit one and god knows what other little loophole their accountants can find to earn them more money. The truth of that is in the fact that we made record profits but still posted a loss for 2015-2016.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:54 pm

I don't know the details of the stand financing agreement but anyone who thinks the tooth fairy builds you one for free is dreaming.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Redevelop the Annie road end and stick it on the bill FFS!
:glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby kazza » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:06 am

I think 1.5 million in interest payments is peanuts compared to what was spent and the cost of money and it is most likely what rtid says so no real story there.

I am disappointed however with the owners previously saying that developing the stadium further was not so economically viable, I'm not sure what their latest stand on the stadium is but as far as I'm concerned the stadium work is not finished. If they were to sell us having developed the stadium to 60-65 thousand capacity, debt free and never won a trophy I would still consider them great owners and saviors of the club because that was the most important thing we needed when they bought us. I would happily give up short term success for long term stability and that is what is happening, they must develop the Anfield Road end though.

For what it is worth I think the owners are running the club responsibly. They are NOT fleecing the club, they removed our debt, they improved revenue, they developed our stadium (although still not finished) and they have spent plenty on players. For the time they have owned the club, we could not rationally ask more. We are an honest club and should not be compared to clubs whose owners are fleecing the club like Utd (because they only spend big to keep the fans from protesting what is really going on), or laundering their countries money like City and Chelsea. Our owners have a rational business plan which is to develop young talent rather than pay overpriced prices for established players and they are following it. Hugely important to this strategy is get a manager that is inclined to develop young talent like Klopp (and Rodgers) so it is a rational long term plan.

We were in a state when they bought us, heavily in debt and in a low capacity stadium. We were in deep long term trouble and now we are not, those things cannot be forgotten but I still think they could do more on raising the capacity of the stadium. When trying to fix anything that is in" deep trouble" first you stabilize then you improve, I think we are in the end of the "stabilize" phase hopefully and this summer could be key.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:03 pm

For what its worth the best owners do build stands for free, redevelop grounds, just not ours, they would have you believe nothings for free because that's suits them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:11 pm

Jeez...... some people are so freakin' negative.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:44 pm

But what you miss Kazza is that they have put 0! £ into the club.
ALL of it is borrowed money they expect back from the club when it is sold.
They have just taken a loan which interest the club is paying and will not put money into it from their own pocket.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:54 am

Penguins » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:44 pm wrote:But what you miss Kazza is that they have put 0! £ into the club.
They have just taken a loan which interest the club is paying and will not put money into it from their own pocket.

That is how all sustainable properly run businesses operate. Even the ultimate sugar daddy owner Abramovich will expect his money back if he were to sell Chelsea. Our owners could do more but they could also be much worse, our club is being financially run more responsibly than in a long while.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:52 pm

Penguins » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:44 pm wrote:But what you miss Kazza is that they have put 0! £ into the club.

That's not true. They put 60 odd million into the club a few years back which they then turned into equity, effectively writing it off.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion