NESV - OUR NEW OWNERS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:36 pm

Tony Evans raising debate on FSG role in our keeper problems starting with Reina who they felt was overpaid for a goalie so got him out and took Mignolet, and now Karius, on far inferior terms. Perhaps we need to pay the rates for a top keeper and frankly apply that to any key position, which keeper is definitely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:15 pm

message for Eds

you wrote 'Also the fact you and Leeroy Jenkins are the last two cultists on this forum who never accepted that Rodgers was nothing more than a snake oil peddler despite the rest of forum accepting this before he was sacked'

I didn't rate Rodgers and I certainly wanted him gone in the end, I simply protested against the name calling he got from YOU on this forum whilst he was still the manager of our club. I simply wanted some respect for a manager of LFC.

Get your facts right before you chuck accusations around.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Make no mistake guys. Unless we keep improving our squad, investing in real quality players, even if we finish top 4 this season, we will soon drop out again in future season. If you look at Chelsea, they just needed a sane manager and look how they could churn out wins. Man City will improve under Guardiola and their endless resources. The Mancs will improve under Mourinho and their supreme resources. Arsenal will improve, they got better players than us. Even Spurs are going for better players than us. You can't expect Klopp to be always getting blood from a stone (credit to Yakka for this term, I was trying to look for it). The way we are going about from the rumors, we keep lowering the standard of our targets. This season will be a blip if we finish top 4. This season, Klopp is starting to impose his way of playing and the other teams are kind of caught out by surprise. They will start to counter Klopp's tactics better next season. And our rivals will continue to invest in better players while we are trying to squeeze blood from a stone with a mediocre spine of players in Mignolet/ Karius, Lovren, Milner, Henderson, Can, Origi, etc. etc. While I'm typing this Chelsea just won against Crystal Palace away 0-1, their 11th win in a row or something like that. Every season, a winning team raises the bar high. There is no place for inconsistency in the premier league if you want to win the league.

Unless FSG show some intent in the transfer market this January or next Summer, don't expect to be challenging for the title anytime soon...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:40 pm

maguskwt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 pm wrote:
Unless FSG show some intent in the transfer market this January or next Summer, don't expect to be challenging for the title anytime soon...

Mate, you talk as though you know how much money FSG have told Kloppo  he can spend, if that's the case perhaps you can tell the rest of us ?

I agree, we don't have pockets as deep as some other clubs BUT that doesn't mean we're skint.

Klopp himself has often said he's happy with what's available to him.

I think right now we are serious contenders for the title, yeah,  we'll probably fall a bit short due to deficiencies in defence  but I don't think it's gonna take a whole shed load of money to fix it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby maguskwt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:46 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:40 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:26 pm wrote:

Mate, you talk as though you know how much money FSG have told Kloppo  he can spend, if that's the case perhaps you can tell the rest of us ?

I agree, we don't have pockets as deep as some other clubs BUT that doesn't mean we're skint.

Klopp himself has often said he's happy with what's available to him.

I think right now we are serious contenders for the title, yeah,  we'll probably fall a bit short due to deficiencies in defence  but I don't think it's gonna take a whole shed load of money to fix it.

I don't know mate. But what I do know is that time after time FSG has disappointed me with their transfer strategy. This is since Rodger's rein. That's why I have some sympathy for Rodgers. I have to say the only competitive procurement they have splurged their cash on is Klopp (competitive because of the salary they are paying him) and I thank them for that. Ok... maybe they have splurged on Mane. But 34 millions when your rivals are spending 50 millions on a player easily is nothing to shout about. But transfer fees are not the only determining factor, salary is another factor; we missed out on Delle Ali because we weren't willing to pay more than 4k a week for him? I think that's really laughable when you think about today's market. There needs to be more decisive securing of young promising players when we are not willing to pay top dollars for players... Of course Klopp will say in public that he's happy with what he has. Saying otherwise will make headline news isn't it? He may have also underestimated the EPL. After the dip in results we had after losing Coutinho, Lallana, etc, even he must feel the need for better players and a stronger squad. He fielded 3 youth players on the sub bench for crying out loud and he didn't do substitutions because it would hardly matter. We are competitive this season because we have no europe. And Guardiola and Mourinho are at new clubs and they need time to settle. We won't be so lucky subsequent seasons.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:26 pm

Which £50 mil players actually want to join us? Sanchez was a £30mil player who we were willing to give more money too but he still choose Arsenal. Despite being prepared to pay him a higher salary we couldn't even convince an up and coming talent like Demble to choose us over Dortmund as we have only been in Champions League once since Rafa left. Problem hasn't been about how much cash we are prepared to spend it has been an inconsistent transfer strategy. That's why I'm glad that despite fan pressure Klopp didn't sign a left back beacuse he couldn't find one he actually wanted. Hopefully our purchases will be more considered under Klopp.
Eagle

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Good news is we have the biggest profit margin in world football, the Champions! Open top bus? However its also reported no reinforcements in January, Noooooo!
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:43 pm

parchpea » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:27 pm wrote:Good news is we have the biggest profit margin in world football, the Champions! Open top bus? However its also reported no reinforcements in January, Noooooo!

Yup... who needs trophies anyway... they're overrated. Let's just stay between 2nd and 4th, an occasional cup final loss and be super sustainable!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:01 pm

SHOCKING NEWS FOR THE DISILLUSIONED   :help As I have said many times before they are not a registered charity !!

Under the ownership of H & G we were taken to the brink of financial disaster so let's not start being critical now that we actually have owners that have successfully taken the business from a c£300m fire sale to £800m/£1b desirable proposition.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 pm

devaney » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:01 pm wrote:SHOCKING NEWS FOR THE DISILLUSIONED   :help As I have said many times before they are not a registered charity !!

Under the ownership of H & G we were taken to the brink of financial disaster so let's not start being critical now that we actually have owners that have successfully taken the business from a c£300m fire sale to £800m/£1b desirable proposition.

On a day when our squad looked as paper thin as a wafer why am I not surprised you're beating the drum loud and proud for these frugal clowns.

The fact that we had to play an 18yo at RB who was completely out of his depth, should highlight how stingy we are as a club not to have appropriate cover.

Please keep telling us how amazing they are even though we have won 1 trophy under them in 6 years. Oh right that fact that can be completely glossed over by our "perceived" net worth.....

We are honestly missing covers for LB and RB and might need another AM to cover for Mane, but we have no assurance that FSG will allow Klopp to spend this January.

Just like a few seasons back when we were missing 1 or 2 key players, which ultimately cost us the title, I feel it might be de ja vu all over again this season.

We could get relegated and you would still be praising them like a parrot, "we are profitable" "we are worth billions" "they saved us" "nothing wrong here".

Seriously your extremist opinion are down-right frightening.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:43 am

With a 100% strength first team on the pitch, Mourinho could still bring on Rooney, Mata and Fellaini. With an approx. 75% strength first team, we brought on Coutinho and 2 subs were unused. Fans gotta notice there is something wrong with that picture. Both the owners and Klopp are accountable for this.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:54 am

eds, I don't think the owners are holding Klopp back, its the manager who's not buying - either because he doesn't want to or he can't find the right player.

All said and done, we MUST buy in 4-5 key players in the next window or we'll lose momentum. We have to defend our top 4 position.

THAT SAID, something I read in a Graham Taylor interview hits the nail on the head "Players must learn to win". Our players haven't learnt how to become regular week in week out winners yet, which looking back at previous teams of old lifts existing players up a notch.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:59 am

We all knew what we were going to get with Klopp when he arrived Reg.

He tries to buy bargain price players (like he did at Dortmund) and/or young players that he can mould into talent.

This goes hand-in-hand with FSG's restrictive transfer policies. The same ones which have held us back the last 6 years.

Even if Klopp wanted to go buy a 27-28yo that cost 30 or 40m (not that he would), we all know that isn't going to happen under FSG.

That's why we find ourselves in this position, we would rather not risk spending an extra dime than bring in the appropriate cover we need across our starting XI.

That's why our bench is full of kids almost every game, and has been for the last 4-5 years  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby number 8 ynwa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:34 pm

Hey, I suppose we could just go out and buy 4 - 5 players no matter whether they are considered the right players by our manager, you know like really top internationals, just like Man City have done - coz we can see how well they are doing.. oh, hold on.....
number 8 ynwa
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm

number 8 ynwa » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:34 pm wrote:Hey, I suppose we could just go out and buy 4 - 5 players no matter whether they are considered the right players by our manager, you know like really top internationals, just like Man City have done - coz we can see how well they are doing.. oh, hold on.....

To be fair to City over the past 5 years they have won the title twice and finished runners up twice so their policy of having a deep squad has hardly been a wash out. In contrast our record over the past 26/27 years has been 3 runners up spots.
No one is advocating throwing money around like a drunken sailor but given how attritional this league is and given our bench is usually full of youngsters each week you'd think adding one or two to the squad wouldn't be overly ostentatious.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion