Neil mellor - Some help please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lfc_2005_andy_hearts » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:38 am

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i agree with the posters who say mellor lacks a bit of pace but the lads an excellent finisher. i remember him scoring a couple of well taken goals against boro in a carling cup win at anfield and he did come off the bench to get the vital second in the famous olympiacos come back.
if a team tends to have a lot of posession against sides and likes methodical build up play as opposed to pacey counter attacks i think he`ll do a good job.
potter can see a decent pass and has quite a lot of vision but again his pace lets him down. these days the prem is so quick you need to be almost an athlete as well as a footballer.

Thats great news too mate, coz although the game up here has a rep for being so fast paced, its slowed alot more down now with teams not frightened to get the ball down and get in amongst the rangers and celtic. I think mellor could be excellent addition for us, as he will get a bag full of chances, my only worry was that he wouldn't find the net for us.

thanks for that, the hearts fans will love you for that comment
lfc_2005_andy_hearts

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:12 am

lfc_2005_andy_hearts wrote:That fills me with more confidence than despair, thanks mate, even if that wasn't your intention.

Andy

You're welcome Andy mate.

Yeah it was meant to be somewhat encouraging by mentioning Hartson as he has done very well over there in Scotland.

Mellor really is a decent striker, with a good shot.

He would do well for you.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion