Neil mellor - Today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:21 pm

must take some time out to congratulate Mellor for givin a tremendously efforted performance  (is efforted even a word?) and for providing me with one of the best LFC moments for a while. so many reasons why that goal was amazing.

(yes i am feelin a bit guilty as my first post of the day was a bit pessimistic of the lad. we should be givin him all the "is right"s goin.)

good post Johnny someone needed to do this.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby donna05 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:55 pm

neil mellor was great he worked really hard and he wasn't afraid to let one rip. he had a lot of passion and drive something which has been lacking in liverpool for a while (except stevie gerard). it's great to see them return to some sort of form and play the kind of football we know they can play. credit to chris kirkland that was a great ball he played up the pitch right between the arsenal defenders and the midfield the kind of space thats dangerous. whats the story with harry kewell he can't kick snow off a rope? roll on the transfer window. to see arsenal and patrick 'diving' vieria get stuffed was the icing on the cake. :D
donna05

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 29, 2004 1:36 pm

Thought Mellor was excellent.
Even Kewell was quite effective in the only thing he got spot on all game - his heading.  Both him and Mellor were really good in the air all game - they never gave Arsenal a moments piece and fought for everything.  I've been banging on for ages for them to give him a go - since Baros got injured - how we needed a target man.  Also agreed a lot with other people who were saying he needed to stand up and be counted if given another chance - well I'm chuffed to bits for the lad - if he does nothing else in his career - he'll remember that for the rest of his life - the Winning Goal against the Sh**te in front of the kop

Excellent team performance, Excellent tactics (under the injury circumstances)
What a joy to watch us playing and fighting as a team - defending not just at the back - but from the front as well
WELL DONE THE LADS & WELL DONE NEIL MELLOR
SouthernScouser

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:13 pm

My gran wanted to know if Ian Miller's goal was as good as the commentators made out?

Ha Ha Bless her - well she is about 105 years old!!

Ian Miller - give me strength!!

:upside:  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:29 pm

IAN MILLER

CLASSIC
:D

He plays for the other reality Liverpool with Kevin Daglish and Kewell who came from Everton
:D
SouthernScouser

Postby gabbyh » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:51 pm

I did not get to see the game, but I listened to it on 5 live.
I think that  a team that was beaten by Monaco in the CL, to come back and play so well and beat Arsenal 2-1, is nothing short of marvellous! Mark Lawrenson was part of the commentary and he was very complimentary to Liverpool, he even agreed that L'Pool were controlling the game in the first half and that they deserved the win!!
To score a wonderful goal against the likes of Arsenal can only improve Mellors confidence.
I watched the Monaco game on telly and was frustrated by Harry's performance, but I think that our team has problems and all players who are picked by Rafa need to have our wholehearted support.
gabbyh

Postby whylongball? » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:11 pm

so happpy...and i actually had a hunch that something special would happen :D
anyway, Mellor may be a cross between Fowler and Heskey( finishing and strength)He won a lot of headers against Toure and Campell and the goal was taken wiht great technique. Its too far to say that but really hope he can make it
whylongball?

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:12 pm

Why do you think the blue sh**s are doing so well ? Apart from being sh** lucky, they are a bunch of average players giving 100% in commitment & passion.

I am not saying that mellor is an average player. He hasn't had a decent enuff run in the team to rate him. You make your own luck. Mellor deserved that goal for the effort he put in.

The morale - You don't have to be a technically gifted player to be a success.

My first sober since arsenal game  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:28 pm

Do you think it is no coincidence that they are doing so well after selling Rooney? He must have lorded it at Everton, being their young prodigy, now he is gone, there is no prima donna affecting the rest of the team. I congratulate Moyes on doing a good job.
Let Everton lord it over us for now. Rafa and Liverpool are bigger. As a team we need time, but unlike Houllier, I think Rafa will use time to his advantage and spend his money more wisely.
gabbyh

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:36 pm

You can bet rafa will sign quality players. Can't wait for christmas to come. Then 6 days later, we will have new players.  :D

We need a left winger......badly.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Mon Nov 29, 2004 6:47 pm

that is one of the all time goals ever, i wont 4 get it 4 the rest of my life...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:38 pm

Mellor was Knackered - From the Echo :

"I was absolutely knackered at the time and just before I scored I was thinking I wanted the referee to blow the whistle," he admitted.

"Other players might have tried to have a run at the defender but I was too tired for that. I just spotted a bit of room to the keeper's right and placed it there.

Can't knock the lad for honesty, just wait till Wenger reads this he was accusing his team of being tired. Little did he realise it was our secret weapon !!!
:D  :D
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:58 pm

gabbyh wrote:Do you think it is no coincidence that they are doing so well after selling Rooney? He must have lorded it at Everton, being their young prodigy, now he is gone, there is no prima donna affecting the rest of the team. I congratulate Moyes on doing a good job.
Let Everton lord it over us for now. Rafa and Liverpool are bigger. As a team we need time, but unlike Houllier, I think Rafa will use time to his advantage and spend his money more wisely.

I read an interview with Allan Stubbs in the paper today and he puts Evershites good form onto the sale of Rooney.

"We just used to pass it to him and hope" was one thing he said.

But what a fantastic performance from the lads last night, i work with a couple of gooners and have had a brill day!.

I hope that some of the players lacking in confidence; Kewell being an obvious example can kick on proper and start to really play. This could be a turning point for Mellor as well, perhaps he will start to believe he can cut it at a top club and his performances will gain a bit of consistancy.

Personally i do not think he will ever be top draw - but he will maybe work out to be a good squad player who can weigh in with important goals - like last night.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redskye » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:01 pm

Give Rafa time with Harry - if he can't bring him out of his shell nobody can - both of them have the pedigree. If harry can't raise his game quickly Rafa will replace him. For now let's just revel in the warm glow we are all feeling after yesterday and look forward to moving up the league and into the next stage of the CL.
"By the Grace of God born Scouse"
redskye

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion