More worried of chelsea winning - Than liverpool not winning

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hobbes » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:32 am

:blush:

I am fortified by Chelsea's current wins. They seem to be unstoppable. Scoring 4, 5 goals in a game.

One of the commentators of Championship match said that they might score these against smaller clubs but not against strong squads like Barcelona.

Jose Mourinho in his post match comments on the other hand said Chelsea is strong and have scored 4 goals against big clubs like Liverpool Bolton and Real Betis.

What ever it is, we are already been kicked to no. 2 in the group.

Now. How are we going to regain back our pride. We have at least 2 more away matches against Chelsea this season. Are we going to loose to them again.

:sniffle
hobbes

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:03 am

Its obvious to me that the final game of the group (Chelsea v LFC) will decide who finishes top. Why are you worried? Chelsea may be winning by 4-5 goals but they are still only getting 3 points for their wins.

If you ignore the chelsea league game, i think we match Chelsea pretty well. Mourinho sees us as a threat.

I think the Champions League is where we can inflict the most damage on Chelsea. Hit 'em where it hurts. For them to get knocked out by Liverpool again or at least Liverpool doing better than them is gunna p!ss mourinho off something chronic
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby darwisigila » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:15 am

yeah i don think we should worried about chelshite winning 4 or 5....we are capable 2 frustated them once more in cl...they badly need cl trophy this time. and lets do it, be a group champion first.
i can't imagine how mourinhoshite will act if they win cl...

if we look at chelshite games, they employ wait and see tactic.they absorb the pressure first before give a tko. Any team who want to defeat chelshite must play like they did and we did it superbly until traore howler. Match them man to man, fight every ball and the most important is be patient..don move up to far.
chelshite is not unbeatable but almost..
darwisigila

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:41 am

I think the biggest difference between Chelsea and Liverpool is that Chelsea take nearly all their chances. 

Liverpool probably create more but the final pass is never quite right or our strikers just don't score.

Chelsea creat less but there strike on goal % must be higher than ours.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:04 am

The title of your thread is a sad inditement on the state of people who "follow" Liverpool, and I use that term loosely.

Too many people are obsessed with Everton MAn Utd and Chelsea more than they are about LFc.

WTF ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:52 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:The title of your thread is a sad inditement on the state of people who "follow" Liverpool, and I use that term loosely.

Too many people are obsessed with Everton MAn Utd and Chelsea more than they are about LFc.

WTF ?

Spot on. To hate a certain club more than you love your own is very sad indeed, something many Evertonians know all about.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:08 am

Come on guys that's a bit harsh on Hobbes.  You're putting words into his mouth. He actually said that he was more worried about Chelsea winning, than us losing.  I interpreted that to mean that he believes we have all the ingredients and will come good sooner rather than later,  however unless someone does inflict a swift kick in the @rse to Chelski they will just keep rolling along. 

The question is... other than us, who is capable?

Note: I also assumed that Hobbes' "fortified" in his opening post is actually supposed to be "mortified"  :D
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:15 am

luck is on chelsea's side at the moment.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:58 pm

hobbes wrote:Jose Mourinho in his post match comments on the other hand said Chelsea is strong and have scored 4 goals against big clubs like Liverpool Bolton and Real Betis.

Big clubs - Bolton ???:no
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:45 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:The title of your thread is a sad inditement on the state of people who "follow" Liverpool, and I use that term loosely.

WTF ?

I interpretted his post a different way. I think he's just frightened by Chelsea's inexorable winning form and thinks our chances of future success in the premiership will depend as much on them as it does won us.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby thegreedo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 pm

WTF ?

I'm with you all the way Leon, it's the "stand up if you hate man u" brigade again. Personally I come on here to read and debate about LFC. I really couldn't give a flying f.uck about any other teams unless discussing them in connection with us!

"BIGGER??.... I'M NOT 'AVIN' THAT!.... TELL ME WHO'S BIGGER THAN LIVERPOOL???" - Jamie Carragher.

Drummer, gone but never forgotten!
thegreedo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:00 am

Well , what can I say ... They should be better than us because of the money that they have . Why should we worry about them ... As long as we are in better position than last year , we should be happy.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby darwisigila » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:23 am

yeah u right, they got more money than anyone else. how will mourinho fare  if there is no abramovich money? i like to know that. how is it if he manage bolton, charlton...i think epl will be more insteresting if chelsea don have abramovich money. special one???
darwisigila

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:33 am

Abramovich aims for 100-year rule 

Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich
New term for governor Abramovich Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants to build a legacy at the Premiership champions that will last 100 years.
The Russian billionaire writes in the foreword to a new book on Chelsea of his strategy to "build the most successful football club in the world".

"Everything we have done so far is geared to this," Abramovich says.

"I hope to carry this forward in the true blue tradition of Chelsea but also build even stronger foundations to last us the next 100 years."

Abramovich has already funded a spending spree of around £240m on players since his £140m takeover at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2003, producing a first title in 50 years last season.

"When I became involved in Chelsea, I had little idea how much joy and excitement it would bring me," he adds.

"I can think of no more fitting tribute to our centenary season than to enter it as the Premiership champions. That is like a dream come true.

"It was 50 years since our previous title and everybody's working hard to ensure we will not have to wait that long again.

"In future we hope to bring even more joy than you (Chelsea fans) have experienced over the last 100 years.

"In order to do this many challanges lie ahead. We want to retain the Premiership title and, of course, challenge again in Europe.

"Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final."

Somebody have to stop them :angry:
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:44 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
Abramovich aims for 100-year rule 

Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich
New term for governor Abramovich Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich wants to build a legacy at the Premiership champions that will last 100 years.
The Russian billionaire writes in the foreword to a new book on Chelsea of his strategy to "build the most successful football club in the world".

"Everything we have done so far is geared to this," Abramovich says.

"I hope to carry this forward in the true blue tradition of Chelsea but also build even stronger foundations to last us the next 100 years."

Abramovich has already funded a spending spree of around £240m on players since his £140m takeover at Stamford Bridge in the summer of 2003, producing a first title in 50 years last season.

"When I became involved in Chelsea, I had little idea how much joy and excitement it would bring me," he adds.

"I can think of no more fitting tribute to our centenary season than to enter it as the Premiership champions. That is like a dream come true.

"It was 50 years since our previous title and everybody's working hard to ensure we will not have to wait that long again.

"In future we hope to bring even more joy than you (Chelsea fans) have experienced over the last 100 years.

"In order to do this many challanges lie ahead. We want to retain the Premiership title and, of course, challenge again in Europe.

"Maybe this year we can go one stage better and go to the Champions League final."

Somebody have to stop them :angry:

Yeah remind santa claus that despite his billions he wont see  the age of 140.......money cant buy everything.....not life or steven gerrard :buttrock
YNWA
66-1120597113

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion