Worried about the fans

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:48 am

Every Liverpool fan in Turin, I will be praying for your safe return.
Last edited by Starbridge42 on Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:03 am

Paul C wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Hmmm.

Right, i'm an idiot because i wouldn't walk into a stadium full of Juventus fans and support my team, i'm sorry, but i value my health, my life and my freedom to much to go over there and RISK getting into any sort of trouble.

If that makes me an idiot, then what would make me wise? ???

You can't agrue with that Leon, thats the reason why Murph didn't go!

Thinkin about it Stu you could just show them your policia badge  :p

Murph, as in me lad.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:02 am

murphy0151 wrote:
Paul C wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Hmmm.

Right, i'm an idiot because i wouldn't walk into a stadium full of Juventus fans and support my team, i'm sorry, but i value my health, my life and my freedom to much to go over there and RISK getting into any sort of trouble.

If that makes me an idiot, then what would make me wise? ???

You can't agrue with that Leon, thats the reason why Murph didn't go!

Thinkin about it Stu you could just show them your policia badge  :p

Murph, as in me lad.

You at our gaff tonight lad ??
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:57 am

Last nights events in Milan reminded us once again what some Italian supporters are capable of . Our fans out there for tonights game better have their running shoes on ,especially if we win .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby wee_boi888 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:11 am

Unfortunately the hostilities have already started...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Liverpool fan attacked before match 

ROME, April 13 (Reuters) - A Liverpool fan suffered minor head injuries in an attack by Juventus supporters in Turin overnight, ANSA news agency reported on Wednesday.
Six Juventus fans were questioned by police after the clash in a bar around midnight. Liverpool play Juventus in a Champions League quarter-final second leg at Turin's Delle Alpi stadium later on Wednesday.

Police intervened quickly to prevent the situation getting out of hand ahead of the first match between the two clubs since the 1985 Heysel Stadium tragedy in which 39 mainly Italian supporters died after a charge by Liverpool fans.

ANSA said police confiscated clubs and batons from the six Juventus fans who entered a bar where a group of Liverpool supporters were drinking. Liverpool won the first leg 2-1.

www.soccernet.com

I'm really worried for the fans. I rather noone getting hurt (players and spectators) than us beatin Juve...
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:22 am

i heard there's a complete alcohol ban in turin so the bars won't be much use anyway. best avoided though anyway cos you can guarantee there will be gangs of juve thugs roaming the streets looking for lone liverpool fans to attack like cowards
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:52 am

I`m pretty sure that Italian football can`t take many more incidents, considering both the riots at matches in Serie A the latest weekend (where several police-officers were injured) and last nights behaviour from some of the Inter-fans, before being severely sanctioned by UEFA. Also considering the behaviour of the Rome-fans in the group-stages, when the Rome vs Dynamo match was stopped after the homefans throwing objects at Anders Frisk. If I`m not mistaken the outcome of this was that Rome was to play two matches before empty stands.

Due to this I`ve got my hopes up, that both Juventus, the local police and the Italian FA take every precaution in order to avoid another scandal.

I pray for my fellow red`s safe return
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:53 am

THE FIRST FAN HAS JUST BEEN ATTACKED !! He was in a pub with a group of friends when he was attacked by ultras and struck in the head with a bat !

Police have detained eight Juventus supporters following an attack on a Liverpool fan in Turin last night.
The assault happened around midnight, less than 24 hours before the start of Juventus' Champions League quarter-final second leg against Liverpool at the Delle Alpi.

Security for the game is high as the match is between the teams involved in the Heysel Stadium disaster 20 years ago, when 39 spectators died following crowd trouble.

The Liverpool fan received treatment on the scene but did not go to hospital.

Turin police spokeswoman Cecilia Tartoni told PA International: 'Last night, a group of Juventus fans entered a pub in the city centre where a group of English supporters were.

'There was an argument, and a Liverpool fan was hit in the head with a bat by one of the Juventus fans.

'The Liverpool fan received medical attention in the pub. He did not have to go to hospital, and the prognosis is that he will recover in seven days. He will still go to the game tonight.'

Tartoni said police acted swiftly after the attack.

'Twenty Juventus fans were stopped by the police,' she said.

'We searched the vehicles, and their homes and we found baseball bats and other weapons. Eight of them have been detained by police for being in possession of arms.'
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:54 am

oops just posted this.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:00 pm

Lets hope it all goes ok, we will probably all have mates goin over there...i know i have. I wouldn't of gone myself but can see why fans want to support there club in the Champions league quarter finals. There are supposed to be 900 Italian police officers in the ground and any supporters who have travelled through the club will be looked after i think.
Any fan travelling privately is taking a big risk....and i hope that no1 is stupid enough to buy tickets in the Juventus end.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:02 pm

L-type wrote:THE FIRST FAN HAS JUST BEEN ATTACKED !! He was in a pub with a group of friends when he was attacked by ultras and struck in the head with a bat !

Police have detained eight Juventus supporters following an attack on a Liverpool fan in Turin last night.
The assault happened around midnight, less than 24 hours before the start of Juventus' Champions League quarter-final second leg against Liverpool at the Delle Alpi.

Security for the game is high as the match is between the teams involved in the Heysel Stadium disaster 20 years ago, when 39 spectators died following crowd trouble.

The Liverpool fan received treatment on the scene but did not go to hospital.

Turin police spokeswoman Cecilia Tartoni told PA International: 'Last night, a group of Juventus fans entered a pub in the city centre where a group of English supporters were.

'There was an argument, and a Liverpool fan was hit in the head with a bat by one of the Juventus fans.

'The Liverpool fan received medical attention in the pub. He did not have to go to hospital, and the prognosis is that he will recover in seven days. He will still go to the game tonight.'

Tartoni said police acted swiftly after the attack.

'Twenty Juventus fans were stopped by the police,' she said.

'We searched the vehicles, and their homes and we found baseball bats and other weapons. Eight of them have been detained by police for being in possession of arms.'

That is just pure speculation that it was an ultra.

It may well have been just a scuffle in a bar like any other day.

Pure speculation.

Loose lips sink ships.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:23 pm

Leon is a kn@b head, thats not speculation, thats fact.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:28 pm

Lee J wrote:Leon is a kn@b head, thats not speculation, thats fact.

Where does it say that it was an "Ultra" ?

Not even in the article you idiot.

This kind of constant speculation and posting rubbish is just fodder for the lazy hacks who want to give us a bad name.

Lee if you are not man enough to PM me then please do not post things like Leon is a knob, it is not big and it is not clever. Act like a man and have the balls to speak to me.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:30 pm

Ultras or not, it was juve fans who attacked a liverpool fan with weapons. Now I don't know about you but when I go down the pub I don't usually take a baseball bat with me, if i did take a bat with me it's pretty obvious I'd be looking for trouble

The likelihood of this just being an everyday pub dust-up over a spilt pint or stolen seat is minimal to say the least. To me it looks black & white (pardon the shirt-related pun) that the locals have deliberately gone looking for some lfc fans to gang-up on
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:33 pm

you need to bear in mind that the usual 'small scale' stuff that goes on at virtually every european game will now be exaggerated beyond all recognition of the actual event.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion