Worried

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:59 am

bigmick wrote:On the subject of the changing face of football, the BBC is reporting on their suite about the bald West Ham bloke talking about switching a Premier League game to the USA to boost profile. Total b0ll0cks obviously, but then some other fecker comes out and says well if the two owners agreed to it... It'll never happen of course, but you couldn't get a better illustration that these money men which are coming into the game (not necessarily our two obviously) are often clueless about the conventions of the game.

As discussed on RAWK and RAOTL - the final nail in hte coffin if that happens.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:00 am

bigmick wrote:On the subject of the changing face of football, the BBC is reporting on their suite about the bald West Ham bloke talking about switching a Premier League game to the USA to boost profile. Total b0ll0cks obviously, but then some other fecker comes out and says well if the two owners agreed to it... It'll never happen of course, but you couldn't get a better illustration that these money men which are coming into the game (not necessarily our two obviously) are often clueless about the conventions of the game.

:no

If that happens we may all just give up
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:01 am

I know imagine it our game against Man U played in the States  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:09 am

Bamaga man
LFC Elite Member

Group: LFC Premium Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Leonmc0708 @ Oct. 26 2007,10:28)
Quote (Bamaga man @ Oct. 26 2007,10:26)
Quote (Paul C @ Oct. 26 2007,10:18)
Quote (Bamaga man @ Oct. 26 2007,08:04)
Bloo.dy hell, thats got me thinking .......................................................... Leeds United 

Don't joke mate, thats every fans nightmare!!!   

That wasnt a joke Paul.

So you think that the people who run hte club are anything like Risdale and the LEeds board ?

With the greatest respect, how the f.uck do you know they couldnt leave us in debt ?

I'm not saying they will, I honestly dont know, I hope they wont.

But business is business at the end of the day.

Edited by Bamaga man on Oct. 26 2007,10:32

These guys both have experience running large sporting "franchises" A Leeds style fall from grace isn't realistically ever going to happen
burjennio

Postby heimdall » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 am

We are a much bigger club than Leeds, that would never happen to us. Leeds massively over leveraged themselves and had a moron as a manager O'Leary and idiotic board Ridsdale and co. I am not worried about the restructuring of the loan at all, it is common practice to do this, calm down people, it's the football we are playing which is causing me grief  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby red37 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:27 am

Refinancing thread

Put wind of this up a few week ago; people said don't worry then...so i didnt!  :D

But we are worried now, aren't we...  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Wilhelmsson » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:30 am

burjennio wrote:These guys both have experience running large sporting "franchises" A Leeds style fall from grace isn't realistically ever going to happen

Anything can happen in business, such as the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the recent drop in shares around the world and the small fact Mr Gillett has been bankrupt twice, though kudos to him for clawing his way from the bottom to the top twice.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby Sabre » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:31 am

It's worrying, at some extent.

IN my town they were planning to make yet another bigger stadium than the one built in 1993 which is new. Since I'm in the "neighbourhood assotiation", I did have to look for the impact it would make in my neighbourhood, and we saw different projects in Europe, Arsenal included.

It was interesting to check, that EVERY SINGLE STADIUM done in Europe recently, spent *much* more money than expected, brought legal issues with the surrounding commerce, so it's not a surprise that this Stadium won't be an exception in that.

The worrying thing would be, that there's a hint of not commitment to the club by the americans, like I think Balague mentions quoted by CIggy.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tommycockles » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:04 pm

OK- so two (very) successful businessmen take over a huge club, accumulate huge debts and then sell it to someone stupid enough to buy a 'business' that isn't likely to give them a return on their investment!! Yeah right!! they NOT Ridsdale, and it's not the first time they've run large sporting businesses. Also, do you really think that the Arabs would want to buy a less attractive proposal for more money! These are nice guys, but foremost they are 'businessmen' and are out to build their investment. If they weren't to get a loan then there's no way we'd be building THE best stadium in the country, maybe  in Europe, as even as rich as they both are i don't think they'd cough up £400m for the pleasure of having a comfortable seat in a pretty stadium! I know they're amercians but they're not all as stupid as you may think :;):

On the field we're playing sh.it and if come the end of the season we don't have a team to support their plans then they will look to improve it- if that includes Rafa being replaced then so be it, but they will only do this if it's in the clubs best interests. Until that time let's support Rafa- doesn't mean we can't moan, sulk when we lose, and discuss how we think the team should be managed. But in the end, Rafa's the manager we're unbeaten in the league (at least for now:D ), and we're in better position than we were last season (in the league).

Have a moan but let's not get hysterical, yeah we're going to accrue some debt but unless we want a Reebok stadium we'll have to. The money we'll make from a new stadium will easily pay this back.

Support the team and lift them to beat the gunners on Sunday- all this bad atmosphere can't be helping the players! (or Rafa)

Amen! :D
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby crabbers » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:17 am

This worries me more than anything:

Terror threat to new LFC stadium
crabbers

Postby Red @ Heart » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:07 am

crabbers wrote:This worries me more than anything:

Terror threat to new LFC stadium

wow yeah, the pitch sunk 26ft into the ground thats deep  :D
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:20 am

Ciggy wrote:anything is possible in football.

Well in that case how about we think the best and assume we will turn things around and go on to win the league and CL.

Mick no offence but I doubt very much you can manage better than Raffa or that would be your calling (which it is not). I bet you there are things that happen in training that affect the lineup that you have no idea about.

When I watch Liverpool players miss easy chances and put the ball in the tenth row, I think to myself " I would have buried it". The truth is I probably would not have even made it as far as row 10.

It is all too easy to stick the knife in when the team is down in order to look like the clever one.  :no
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:52 am

kazza wrote:Mick no offence but I doubt very much you can manage better than Raffa or that would be your calling (which it is not). I bet you there are things that happen in training that affect the lineup that you have no idea about.

It is all too easy to stick the knife in when the team is down in order to look like the clever one.  :no

I think you might have got me mixed up with someone else Kaz, either that or you've quoted the wrong post mate.

Other than that I agree with the rest of your post. I think it's pretty unlikely that I could do a better job than Rafa, I agree things happen in training which I am totally unaware of, and I also think it's very easy to stick the knife in while the team is down.

The last bit is in fact the only part I would take issue with. Firstly I've never stuck any knives into the team, and secondly my problems with Rafa's management and particularly his selectoral system have been held over about three years. I even criticised this season when we were absolutely flying, so I can hardly be called inconsistent. No matter anyhow, I reckon it's a mistaken identity.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion