Micheal owen? - Maybe we should sell him?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:14 pm

Micheal Owen has been putting in some terrible performances lately. To me it looks like he just isn't bothered.

His running of the ball has been next to non-existent, this is surely a sign that he just doesn’t care anymore. Seeing Baros making those runs and showing real hunger to get the ball just makes Micheal Owen look worse.

And please don't give me any of this boll##ks about how Owen is so great and what he has done in the past. Our fans have this thing about not saying anything bad about the apparent "untouchables"

Whether it is personal problems or he just doesn’t care about Liverpool anymore I think that maybe it is time for him and Liverpool to move on.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Mar 12, 2004 4:16 pm

I'd like Owen to stay and I am a fan of his, but even I admit that Owen hasn't looked himself for a while.

If he goes we should make sure that we get a decent replacement, if GH stays and Owen goes, and we get in some over rated foreigner as his replacement, then we are a mid table team.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:22 pm

well he's probabley trying to fit in with the rest of the team.
average which we seem to be
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:34 pm

personally, i would sell owen he does not seem to want to play for us?..his heart is not with us..to be honest i dont blame him, having to play with some of the "sh##e" we have would put anyone off his game?..if we got say £25million for him i would give the money to a manager who would spend it wisley...not gh cos he has bought some "cr#p " over the last couple of seasons. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:02 pm

Where do you think Michael will go? Personally i dont think he is good enough to play for Real after hearing he will join them!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Mar 12, 2004 6:13 pm

I wouldn't sell him. I think you are being too hasty. I know he hasn't looked the same player this season but i hope he signs another contract even if it is just an extension for another year. I don't believe he likes playing for GH - He is the only home grown player not to bleat about his loyalty to le boss this season. I believe Owens decision depends on 2 things - Champ league football and a new manager coming in. With only a year left on his contract i do not believe we would get more than 12mill for him.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:00 am

Yeah sell Gerrard too while your at it. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:35 am

I wouldn't be so keen to sell Owen as we don't have a 20 goal a season player to replace him. Baros hasn't done it and Heskey is unlikely to
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:47 am

would be stupid to sell MO.. world class players dont lose their class. he's just not motivated to show Baros how to make intelligent runs. Not his fault though, GH!!
whylongball?

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion