Alan hansen/micheal owen - Hansen talks owen to chelsea

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:42 pm

Extract from Alan Hansen Report on BBC Sport :

Last Updated: Monday, 4 October, 2004, 12:30 GMT 13:30 

Eriksson must pick Owen

By Alan Hansen
BBC Sport football expert 

''But I don't believe he will wait forever in Real's reserves. He might leave it three months and see how it's going - and you can be sure there would be plenty of clubs wanting to sign him.

I'm not suggesting Chelsea would buy him, but I guarantee he would have had 10 goals in their side already this season. He would just stand in the penalty area popping the chances in, because the amount of opportunities they create is incredible.

Goalscorers are worth their weight in gold and there are few better around than Michael Owen - this fact alone must get him the nod to play against Wales on Saturday.''

What is Hansen up to here?  Is this more veiled advice for Owen to join yet another Club?  Does Hansen have a problem with LFC or vice/versa?  Why is he not saying ''if he had stayed at Anfield, he would have scored 10 goals by now etc.''?

Why does he make the following statement :

''It's not about money for Michael. It is about winning the big prizes and his pride means he will not want to return home in January or next summer because he will be labelled a failure abroad and no-one wants that.''

Is he trying to encourage Owen not to return to Anfield, while LFC seem to be doing their best to leave the door open for a return ?   

:oh:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:44 pm

:angry: He can f#ck off hes already said today we will be lucky to get a UEFA spot this season :angry:
Him, john Motson, Lawro with that stupid f#ckin gay tash can all go f#ck themselves grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:
sorry but p#ssed off with critics.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:45 pm

well if owen dnt play for real madrid first team he dnt play cus real madrid has no reserves :laugh: and its getting boring hearing us getting slated every day of the week  especially buy ex players  :angry:
Last edited by the great one on Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:49 pm

SG. Has held out a massive Olive Branch to MO and said comeback. Plus, don't worry I'm not going to Spain, even for my holidays !
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:04 pm

I can't understand why we have a problem with Hansen and Sven has already said that MO without regular 1st team football is not going to get into England.

In my book MO is a national treasure and the English clubs should be trying to bring him back before it wrecks his career.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:08 pm

Kinda, Which English Club?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:31 pm

Redrider

Hadn't thought that far ahead but presently it doesn't matter, but ultimately its whoever has the money. Originally I thought it shouldn't/couldn't be LFC but we do need an out and out goalscorer at present but will the forum accept him? :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:35 pm

Owen started for Real last night. He was subbed after 52 mins with a muscle injury and is now a doubt for the international at the weekend.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:38 pm

Hansen, says his pride will not let him return and be seen as a failure !!  :;):
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:42 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Lawro with that stupid f#ckin gay tash can all go f#ck themselves grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :angry:

LMAO  :D

Well said Lyndz, I fookin have Lawrensen, forkin sh1tar5e  :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:52 pm

I take it that your not too keen on Lawrenson ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:07 pm

He's shown no love or loyalty to Liverpool as a pundit, unlike Alan Hansen.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:11 pm

Blimey, I never realised that he was worse than Hansen.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:20 pm

I thought he got paid for his opinion and not loyalty or is LFC paying him?
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:28 pm

Yeah, don't hold it against him !! I guess the theory is if he slag's off the Red's he will be classed as un-biased. Problem is these guy's are seen as elder statesmen by younger players, who can respect their opinions and form their futures around the false advice that they appear to provide.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion