Michael owen - We need him and he needs us

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kunilson » Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 pm

if he did come back....id support him because he is wearing the shirt...but he'd have to earn his respect again. im sure the same could be said for many fans..
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Thu May 24, 2007 11:18 pm

People have short memories. Yes, he's a fool for leaving us, but the man is human. He makes mistakes. I don't think he done it out of spite. He was blinded by the glamour of playing abroad for the most successful team in Europe. He won us the F.A cup against Arsenal practically by himself, and has pulled us out of many a ditch. From a footballing perspective, rather than my own ego or pride's point of view, I'd take him back if he were to grab us the goals that would take us up a level. I don't care what anyone says. He'll score for us, and that, people, is in the best interest of Liverpool FC.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hello_red » Fri May 25, 2007 12:03 am

bavlondon wrote:
hello_red wrote:signing owen would be a living in the past. and i dont want to do that thank you.

So your saying we also made a mistake getting Robbie back aswell? Get a grip.

Rushie left and came back and came back strong so dont give me that :censored: about he left . Yeah he has some apologising to do for they way he stuck us but im surehe wants to come back and you can bet your :censored: Rafa will get him if hes interested.

I wonder if Stevie or Jamie have mentioned anything to Rafa RE Owen.

no mate you get a grip, theres no need to be insulting. Although we are on the net so its obviously aloowed because you will never meet me.

signing Robbie was a decision i thought was nice and all that but at the end of the day he never got played. It was his injury that did him over.

Owen has been out for 2 years with an injury, i dont think he would come here anyway or Rafa would have him.

If he does come and does a job then i will admit i was wrong but i dont think he is the answer anymore.
hello_red
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 25, 2007 1:06 am

hello_red wrote:
bavlondon wrote:
hello_red wrote:signing owen would be a living in the past. and i dont want to do that thank you.

So your saying we also made a mistake getting Robbie back aswell? Get a grip.

Rushie left and came back and came back strong so dont give me that :censored: about he left . Yeah he has some apologising to do for they way he stuck us but im surehe wants to come back and you can bet your :censored: Rafa will get him if hes interested.

I wonder if Stevie or Jamie have mentioned anything to Rafa RE Owen.

no mate you get a grip, theres no need to be insulting. Although we are on the net so its obviously aloowed because you will never meet me.

signing Robbie was a decision i thought was nice and all that but at the end of the day he never got played. It was his injury that did him over.

Owen has been out for 2 years with an injury, i dont think he would come here anyway or Rafa would have him.

If he does come and does a job then i will admit i was wrong but i dont think he is the answer anymore.

I don't think Bavlondon meant any insult mate. As for Owens fitness, he would have to pass a stringent medical before any transfer could take place.

We all view these things differently, the main thing is we support the same team.
account deleted by request

Postby egyptian liverpoolian » Fri May 25, 2007 1:48 am

i don't want him back but if he back i will support him
becouse he wear reds shirt
owen owen you left us
and behind mony you rush
:(
my real name is mostafa
i am muslim, arab , egyptian
and i adore liverpool
egyptian liverpoolian

Postby alxy » Fri May 25, 2007 2:20 am

I would accept him back. He was (and hopefully still is!) a quality goal getter. We missed that in the final. Look at Inzaghi, his main job was just to get goals and that's EXACTLY what he did. No tracking back or whatever. Look at Kuyt. At times you found him in the center circle or left or right wing. Then who's going to be in the box waiting to score? No faults with Kuyt's workrate and all, but with that 4-5-1 strategy we played, we need a player like Owen. We do not have a genuine goal-poacher.

Having said that, I would only accept him back if his attitude's in the right place. I believe Rafa should not chase him. The interest must come purely from Owen himself. he has to make it painfully clear that he wants and NEEDS to come back to us. We need a Michael Owen hungry for success and willing to work his nuts off. Not an Owen who thinks he is God (sorry Robbie) and it's his given right to be in the team every game. That was the Owen who left us.
alxy

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 2:29 am

Swap him for Bellamy plus maybe four million. Assuming that Bellamy can get on with Newcastle's new management. They are both the same age but if Owen stays fit I think we'd get a better goals return.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:41 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:It just winds me up mate.

Every so often this type of thread rears its head and I can't believe people would want him back after the way he left us.

purely for football reasons mate, i have never loved owen anyway, i mean he is no fowler is he, he wasnt adored by the fans and really it was good to see hi get nothing from his move. but in a football sense we have been crying out for him the last few years, if he comes back i will support him as long as he is doing the job.

as regards the contract, i thought he wasnt offered one, i may be wrong, but letting a player like him get to within one year of his current contratct finishing was a big mistake on the part of houllier and parry, same as with macmanaman, and very nearly the same as with gerrard, he was close to leaving because parry couldnt be bothered to get himself in gear and sort it out
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:44 am

s@int wrote:We all view these things differently, the main thing is we support the same team.

mate i would welcome satan himself to play for us if it meant we can start winning the league again.

club first guys, then the individuals, lets not cut off our noses to spite our faces. if its good for liverpool then we should accept the move, no matter who it is
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 25, 2007 2:48 am

peewee wrote:
s@int wrote:We all view these things differently, the main thing is we support the same team.

mate i would welcome satan himself to play for us if it meant we can start winning the league again.

club first guys, then the individuals, lets not cut off our noses to spite our faces. if its good for liverpool then we should accept the move, no matter who it is

The real problem, aside from his lack of loyalty, is the fact that he's spent the entire season out with a potentially career-ending injury.

In light of the fact that he's spent a lot of his career on the treatment table for one reason or another, together with his insistance on representing England even when unfit, means he's a gamble I personally would not take.

That said, if he DID come back and DID do the job, we could have no complaints and would just have to put the past behind us.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri May 25, 2007 2:52 am

yeah lando, he would need a very stringent medical before anyone was to sign him so we can be pretty certain that any new injury would not be a reocurrence
112-1077774096

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 2:57 am

We get a chance to see him tomorrow.

He plays against Albania for England B. I think he's captain too.

On a side note, on ProEvo, he's still a core part of my edited LFC team.

Owen and Fowler up front. McManaman and Gerrard in the midfield. Carra at the back.

Yeah!!!
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Fri May 25, 2007 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 25, 2007 3:44 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:We get a chance to see him tomorrow.

He plays against Albania for England B. I think he's captain too.

On a side note, on ProEvo, he's still a core part of my edited LFC team.

Owen and Fowler up front. McManaman and Gerrard in the midfield. Carra at the back.

Yeah!!!

Who makes up the rest of your team then?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri May 25, 2007 5:13 am

Who makes up the rest of your team then?

GK - Reina

DF- Carragher
DF- Riise
DF- Finnan
DF- Aggar

MD - Gerrard
MD - McManaman
MD - Alonso
MD - Luis Garcia

ST - Fowler
ST - Owen
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby duk » Fri May 25, 2007 10:30 am

Rafa-Dodd wrote:Because he's a shi.thouse who should never of left us, I will never want him back.

Rush left,
Fowler Left,
Gerrard almost left
all three are still legends

McManaman left on much worse terms
duk

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion