Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:45 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:
killerp » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:42 am wrote:
7_Kewell » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:54 pm wrote:Mario has been told to find another club as he has no future at LFC.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has told striker Mario Balotelli to find a new club.

The Italian, 25, spent last season on loan at AC Milan but has now returned to Liverpool for pre-season training.

The former Manchester City striker has scored four goals for the Reds since joining the club in 2014.

"He's not at the stage of his career where he should be battling with four or five players for one or two positions," said Klopp.

"So it's clear we need a solution. There will be a club who would be happy to have the new Mario Balotelli."

Balotelli scored just three goals in a 23-game loan spell at the San Siro last season, and was not named in Italy's Euro 2016 squad.

Thank fook Klopp is not messing around, decisive action is required here.

Please god let this be the last Italian LFC signs in my lifetime !!!

I still rank Dossena as the worst

we shouldnt generalize... who knows we maybe signing the next zola... :p
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:05 pm

I still rank Dossena as the worst[/quote]

Here are all the Italians that have passed or are passing through the bowels of LFC in my time as a supporter

On a ranking system of 1 to 5 here's how I rank all of them:

Andrea Dossena -2

Alberto Aquilani 2

Fabio Borini       1

Mario Balotelli  -3

Padelli              0.5

I'll go German any day of the week after seeing these guys in action!
killerp

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Italians generally don't work out in England, there'll be a few who fall outside of the norm but in general they don't seem to work

Chelsea had an Italian contingent years ago who were pretty good plus Ravanelli but other than them I can't think of any
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 pm

killerp » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:05 pm wrote:I still rank Dossena as the worst

Here are all the Italians that have passed or are passing through the bowels of LFC in my time as a supporter

On a ranking system of 1 to 5 here's how I rank all of them:

Andrea Dossena -2

Alberto Aquilani 2

Fabio Borini       1

Mario Balotelli  -3

Padelli              0.5

I'll go German any day of the week after seeing these guys in action![/quote]

Just thought I'd edit this for you killerp, as you may have been smoking that 'goo sh!t' which will cloud anyones judgement...  :D

Andrea Dossena -3  :no

Alberto Aquilani 0  :no  :no  :no

Fabio Borini       1  :no

Mario Balotelli  -10  :veryangry

Padelli              Who r ya, who r ya, who r ya!!!!!
  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:29 pm

With a couple of notable exceptions Italians generally just don't seem to be cut out for the premiership. Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's the style of play but the vast majority have been a massive fail.

Even at the risk of missing out on signing a potential, Zola, Di Matteo or Vialli I wouldn't go anywhere near Italian players, unless they were fully established star quality (looking back the likes of Franco Baresi and Paulo Maldini spring to mind)

Here's a link to a list  (as at middle of last year) of every Italian player that's appeared in the premiership, makes for painful yet sobering reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Zola.html

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Dossena deserve a point for his goal vs mancs in 09 lol.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:28 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:29 pm wrote:With a couple of notable exceptions Italians generally just don't seem to be cut out for the premiership. Maybe it's the culture, maybe it's the style of play but the vast majority have been a massive fail.

Even at the risk of missing out on signing a potential, Zola, Di Matteo or Vialli I wouldn't go anywhere near Italian players, unless they were fully established star quality (looking back the likes of Franco Baresi and Paulo Maldini spring to mind)

Here's a link to a list  (as at middle of last year) of every Italian player that's appeared in the premiership, makes for painful yet sobering reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Zola.html

Christ Woof there's some names on there that are a blast from the past.

Moral of the story: Don't sign an Italian
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby killerp » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:19 am

[/quote]
Just thought I'd edit this for you killerp, as you may have been smoking that 'goo sh!t' which will cloud anyones judgement...  :D

[/quote]

I have been forced to smoke a little when times are tough, eg: swapping Alonso for Aquilani or Suarez for Balotelli....

Just to add some spice to that list check out what I found on google:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ods-arrest

"Andrea Dossena on Harrods arrest: I forgot to pay for a jar of honey"

Hilarious if true! O how the mighty have fallen... :laugh:
killerp

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:42 pm

[/quote]

I have been forced to smoke a little when times are tough, eg: swapping Alonso for Aquilani or Suarez for Balotelli....

Just to add some spice to that list check out what I found on google:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ods-arrest

"Andrea Dossena on Harrods arrest: I forgot to pay for a jar of honey"

Hilarious if true! O how the mighty have fallen... :laugh:[/quote]

That is a funny story. It would seem that compulsive stealing disorder  may be the reason :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:44 pm

Hold my hand up, thought Liverpool may be the perfect fit for Balotelli but regrettably what could have been a beautiful relationship will never be.

For what its worth I think he threw the towel in once he had made enough money to retire at Man City, after that there was absolutely no motivation for him.

Balotellis only driver is money, he never really celebrates goals or joins in the jubilation, as his bank balance grew his desire decreased to this point where hes
seen as an absolute liabilty.

Frustrating part is I still feel hes got the ability, but bluntly he just cannot be arsed.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:23 am

Well, it thought it was a huge gamble. We needed a striker badly  after Suarez left and tried to do it on the cheap which forced us into a huge gamble.
16 million is quite a lot on a gamble and it was the only supposed top striker we bought so if he failed we were going to be in deep trouble. On that reason alone it was a terrible sighning.
I thought it could had gone either way but in hindsight why would he all off a sudden learn at Lfc when he never learned anything with his previous clubs.

It was probably more wishful thinking since you knew the season would be a failure if Balotelli flopped.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:30 am

Sánchez wasn't a cheap alternative and neither were several of the other preferred choices. We simply failed to sign a quality striker. Money wasn't the key problem. The lack of CL football and a useless transfer committee were the real difficulties.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:26 pm

What are you talking about? We had CL. It was all about the commitée and the usual disinterest in paying the wages top class players want.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:12 pm

I can't help but think Mario has had a rough deal.

Rogers clearly did not want him to begin with and he was loaned out and struggled a bit with injuries.

He is clearly not a Player Klopp goes for. However he is a Liverpool player and I don't like that the lad is training alone (recent video).

If we want to sell him surely the league cup would have been perfect to get him in the shop window. Mrs even if Klopp does not fancy him he can still do a job here and there from the bench.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:39 pm

crazyhorse » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:12 pm wrote:I can't help but think Mario has had a rough deal.

Rogers clearly did not want him to begin with and he was loaned out and struggled a bit with injuries.

He is clearly not a Player Klopp goes for. However he is a Liverpool player and I don't like that the lad is training alone (recent video).

If we want to sell him surely the league cup would have been perfect to get him in the shop window. Mrs even if Klopp does not fancy him he can still do a job here and there from the bench.

He had a full season at LFC and AC Milan to prove his worth.

Milan they made it clear (From January) that they didn't want him and that's suppose to be his 'home' club. He did little here to show he's anything than an average has-been and I think he's done and dusted in the top flight.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion