Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 am

Let's at least wait and see what happens when Sturridge gets back before pressing the panic button, often one or two players can change the whole dynamic of a team just as Sturridge and Coutinho did themselves when they first arrived at the club.
Before Brendan signed Danny and Phil we were in the middle of a terrible run, our worst in 100 years, and that was with Suarez leading the line. Those 2 players totally transformed us, we went from our worst run of results in 100 years to some of the best football we'd seen in 100 years.
I think an attack revolving around the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana and even Balotelli has the potential to do a lot of damage so let's wait until we are at full strength before passing judgement.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:14 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am wrote:Let's at least wait and see what happens when Sturridge gets back before pressing the panic button, often one or two players can change the whole dynamic of a team just as Sturridge and Coutinho did themselves when they first arrived at the club.
Before Brendan signed Danny and Phil we were in the middle of a terrible run, our worst in 100 years, and that was with Suarez leading the line. Those 2 players totally transformed us, we went from our worst run of results in 100 years to some of the best football we'd seen in 100 years.
I think an attack revolving around the likes of Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Lallana and even Balotelli has the potential to do a lot of damage so let's wait until we are at full strength before passing judgement.

I agree. I can see a January striker signing salvaging the season and securing a top 4 placing.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:09 pm

I agree we need to be cautious, however we are just totally reliant on getting Sturridge back - he is made of glass.

Until then Brendan HAS to play 2 up front, he can't keep sticking Balotelli up there on his own, must at least be worth putting Lambert up there alongside him
for the Swansea game.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm

Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 am wrote:I agree we need to be cautious, however we are just totally reliant on getting Sturridge back - he is made of glass.

Until then Brendan HAS to play 2 up front, he can't keep sticking Balotelli up there on his own, must at least be worth putting Lambert up there alongside him
for the Swansea game.

Not sure a Lambert / Balotelli partnership would work as neither are very mobile players. For me it has to be Borini with either Lamber or Balotelli. We need a partnership that compliments, Borini would move into wide space - allowing Balotelli to remain as a target man.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:25 pm wrote:
Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:09 am wrote:I agree we need to be cautious, however we are just totally reliant on getting Sturridge back - he is made of glass.

for the Swansea game.

Not sure a Lambert / Balotelli partnership would work as neither are very mobile players. For me it has to be Borini with either Lamber or Balotelli. We need a partnership that compliments, Borini would move into wide space - allowing Balotelli to remain as a target man.

I'd line him up top with Stirling.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:22 pm

throw him up top with lambert. get the full backs and wingers in behind and deliver some crosses. basic stuff i know but probably the best way to get those 2 performing.
it will also buy much needed seconds for the midfield to get up in support.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:19 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:33 am wrote:Let's at least wait and see what happens when Sturridge gets back before pressing the panic button, often one or two players can change the whole dynamic of a team just as Sturridge and Coutinho did themselves when they first arrived at the club.

I agree. I can see a January striker signing salvaging the season and securing a top 4 placing.

Agreed with both of you  :nod
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ballotelliman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:48 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm wrote:

for the Swansea game.

But this should of been tried AGES ago. ITS BRENDANS PHILOSOPHY AND STUBBORNESS!! thats why we havent. Hes never had a plan B and why andy carroll got sent packing. To me if plan A isnt working then try plan B.  Sick of his ticka tacka philosophy.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:53 pm

ballotelliman » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:48 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:25 pm wrote:

for the Swansea game.

But this should of been tried AGES ago. ITS BRENDANS PHILOSOPHY AND STUBBORNESS!! thats why we havent. Hes never had a plan B and why andy carroll got sent packing. To me if plan A isnt working then try plan B.  Sick of his ticka tacka philosophy.

The philosophy isn't wrong. It got us the finish last last season. However, it does require a certain type of player to lead the line, of which we have seen Balotelli is unlikely to fill.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Interesting concept... Balotelli = Carroll.  Will he hang onto him way past his shelf life as Kenny did with Carroll or have the same courage to make the cut. Or will be bring in a strike partner (who isn't always injured) and make the lad a success?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:07 pm

he didnt buy carroll but was happy to offload him and take a massive hit financially, im not so sure it will go down well with the owners if he takes a big hit on balotelli after a year  :no  napoli are rumoured to be interested in offering €12.5 mil for him which will be a considerable loss from £16 mil. if its a case that we will move him on no club will give us close to what we paid. if he is to be offloaded then the best scenario would be a swap deal involving cash and balo for higuain. we need an established quality player in return and not another kid with potential.

the reason why i think its not acceptable for him to take big hits on his players is because he moaned about the fee's been spent when he first took over. the players he has purchased have not been allowed to leave for buttons despite not being in the clubs plans. assaidi and borini are two that we where looking for a profit on and we were not budging. then there is the players that he inherited like downing, reina, agger, kelly and shelvey who were allowed to leave for a pittance just to get them out.

balotelli is here now and we need to deal with it. he was never going to fit the system so the system needs tweaking to get him scoring and us winning. he is never going to be prolific but should be capable of double figures for the season if the right balance is found.

regardless of what happens with him anyway we still have a lot to do in the striker dept  :nod  lambert has to go along with borini and aspas. we also have to bring in a 1st choice with a better fitness record than sturridge.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:07 pm wrote:he didnt buy carroll but was happy to offload him and take a massive hit financially, im not so sure it will go down well with the owners if he takes a big hit on balotelli after a year  :no  napoli are rumoured to be interested in offering €12.5 mil for him which will be a considerable loss from £16 mil. if its a case that we will move him on no club will give us close to what we paid. if he is to be offloaded then the best scenario would be a swap deal involving cash and balo for higuain. we need an established quality player in return and not another kid with potential.

the reason why i think its not acceptable for him to take big hits on his players is because he moaned about the fee's been spent when he first took over. the players he has purchased have not been allowed to leave for buttons despite not being in the clubs plans. assaidi and borini are two that we where looking for a profit on and we were not budging. then there is the players that he inherited like downing, reina, agger, kelly and shelvey who were allowed to leave for a pittance just to get them out.

balotelli is here now and we need to deal with it. he was never going to fit the system so the system needs tweaking to get him scoring and us winning. he is never going to be prolific but should be capable of double figures for the season if the right balance is found.

regardless of what happens with him anyway we still have a lot to do in the striker dept  :nod  lambert has to go along with borini and aspas. we also have to bring in a 1st choice with a better fitness record than sturridge.

Napoli can feck off. Anyway, it'll not be a cash upfront...probably some b0ll0cks loan deal with no chance of a decent swap.

Balotelli (like a few of our new signings) needs time. I'd suggesting waiting until he lines up with Sturridge before we write the lad off.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:56 am

Lovely take ,now lets have some more

:buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 am

those are the type of balls balotelli will thrive on. had we of been doing that earlier im convinced lambert could even have bagged one  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:54 pm

I might be imagining things but did our fans boo him when he came on? And sang "what a waste of money" while he was warming up?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion