Mario Balotelli

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Cool Hand Luke » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:59 pm wrote:Never on this forum have I seen one of our players referred to as “white trash”. If it had happened I would expect it would be reported and action taken as clearly it is a racial slur.

It was never suggested that it was one of our players that was described in such manner, but I've been here eleven years and I've certainly seen people outside the realms of our club described/referred to as such.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:18 pm

"Black trash" is a bizarre comment ain't it? Someone pressed those keys. "White trash" would be just as bad in my own view, not for the words, but because someone thinks they can say it on a multi-national forum where we're all supposed to support the same thing. However, the post in question was littered with grammar/spelling mistakes, so perhaps they're not english? Adds a touch of irony really. If they are english, then maybe they're just dumb as f*ck.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:17 pm

It's a bit of a cliche, but I'd be more concerned if Mario wasn't getting into positions to miss. When a player is feeling the pressure it can get easy to hide so they don't miss. Let's face it, very often the ball goes into the box and we only have one man in there, so why don't we criticise them? Maybe they see the reaction to Balotelli's misses and decide to stay out of the box so as to avoid the same.
That said, he frustrates me at times, like against Hull where he was in front of our defence and didn't seem in a hurry to get forwards. Again though, maybe he's becoming afraid of missing too. I hope BR and the team can help lift his spirits.
RedAnt

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:29 pm

RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:It's a bit of a cliche, but I'd be more concerned if Mario wasn't getting into positions to miss. When a player is feeling the pressure it can get easy to hide so they don't miss. Let's face it, very often the ball goes into the box and we only have one man in there, so why don't we criticise them? Maybe they see the reaction to Balotelli's misses and decide to stay out of the box so as to avoid the same.
That said, he frustrates me at times, like against Hull where he was in front of our defence and didn't seem in a hurry to get forwards. Again though, maybe he's becoming afraid of missing too. I hope BR and the team can help lift his spirits.

Can't believe how many times how many people rush to defend Balotelli   :veryangry

Take away his penalties and for a supposed "Top Striker" (which he isn't)  his goalscoring record is less than f*cking average !!!

Had more than enough of him and Fu*king furious that our manager hasn't got the balls to admit he got it wrong and drop this waste of a shirt   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:41 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:29 pm wrote:
RedAnt » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:It's a bit of a cliche, but I'd be more concerned if Mario wasn't getting into positions to miss. When a player is feeling the pressure it can get easy to hide so they don't miss. Let's face it, very often the ball goes into the box and we only have one man in there, so why don't we criticise them? Maybe they see the reaction to Balotelli's misses and decide to stay out of the box so as to avoid the same.

Can't believe how many times how many people rush to defend Balotelli   :veryangry

Take away his penalties and for a supposed "Top Striker" (which he isn't)  his goalscoring record is less than f*cking average !!!

Had more than enough of him and Fu*king furious that our manager hasn't got the balls to admit he got it wrong and drop this waste of a shirt   :veryangry

I'm not defending him. I just don't think he's had time yet. We've been poor as a team. We improved v's Hull and I believe an inform Balotelli would have bagged a few.
In honesty I usually only watch Liverpool and England and he used to scare me when he turned out against us. I don't have deep knowledge of him, but I know a little of sports psychology and I know that you won't see a player play well if they are low on morale. The low morale is the interesting part. Pressure, out of position, wrong role, press on his back after criticism from his manager who knew the sharks of the press were circling, an under performing team also under pressure? Take your pick.
But it's not down to Balo alone to pick himself up. He has a manager, coaches, team mates and not least the supporters to lift him. I doubt more pressure will help.
RedAnt

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Thats a shocking comment and worthy of a ban. Not even up to debate Woof imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:32 pm

aCe' » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:45 pm wrote:Thats a shocking comment and worthy of a ban. Not even up to debate Woof imo.

The poster has been a forum member for 6 years and to the best of my knowledge has never exhibited any racist posts or in any other way presented any "problem" to the forum.

However based on the pm's received from those who are upset by the members post and the replies similar to your own in this thread, the members posting privileges have been suspended for one month.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby shakey » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:49 pm

This reminds me of Suarez/Evra incident all over again :no
The lad is from Mauritius so might be just a term they use over there....Like Luis say's Negro where he is from!
Just saying  :(
shakey

Postby shakey » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:53 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:57 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:29 pm wrote:
sell that black trash away.

The scary thing is, you actually think his race is the reason he is under-performing.

The comment has been reported.

My immediate reaction is that it's unacceptable. However, I'm aware that in society and this forum describing someone as "White Trash"  has more often than not passed with little to no comment whatsoever, and yet describing someone as "Black" trash immediately creates a furore .

Perhaps I'm just out of touch when I wonder if the poster had described for example Skrtle as "White Trash" if it would have elicited a similar reaction ?

Your thoughts lads and lasses  ?

Don't think people would have made such a fuss over the comment if it was White Trash! IMO
shakey

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:57 pm

is it possible to play a system that would suit Balotelli nicely?

Why is Rodgers insisting on playing him as a lone striker when he clearly struggles with that role?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:04 am

Let's be honest here when Rodgers signed Balotelli he said it was a calculated risk. No s.hit Sherlock well it's blown up in Rodgers face big time. Perhaps it's time he admitted it because a s.*i*e player is a s.*i*e player and he ain't going to change. Those backing Balotelli I can understand as a LFC fan but I think it's time to get back to reality
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby only me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:13 am

Dundreamin is back » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:04 am wrote:Let's be honest here when Rodgers signed Balotelli he said it was a calculated risk. No s.hit Sherlock well it's blown up in Rodgers face big time. Perhaps it's time he admitted it because a s.*i*e player is a s.*i*e player and he ain't going to change. Those backing Balotelli I can understand as a LFC fan but I think it's time to get back to reality

Spot on. The fact we had a 100+ M to spend and we still HAD to take a risk or as i called it a gamble ,is totally unacceptable. BR would have to answer for this at the end of the season.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 am

Why at the end of the season though mate?

I once played in a game and roared at a teammate for trying these stupid floated passes that never done anything other than gift the ball back to the opposition and one of our defenders, funnily enough who was even worse had a pop at me saying there is a way to tell someone (true, I lost it, very unlike me  :D ) and to tell him "at half "time"…

First thought in my head back then was "f@ck off, I'm not chasing that soft t@ats lost causes for the next thirty minutes, so I roared at them both and got subbed off the end…… :D

Point is though, if you can see something isn't working, change it.

If you always do what you've always done, you will always get the same results.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:10 am

Stu the Red » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:37 am wrote:Why at the end of the season though mate?

I once played in a game and roared at a teammate for trying these stupid floated passes that never done anything other than gift the ball back to the opposition and one of our defenders, funnily enough who was even worse had a pop at me saying there is a way to tell someone (true, I lost it, very unlike me  :D ) and to tell him "at half "time"…

First thought in my head back then was "f@ck off, I'm not chasing that soft t@ats lost causes for the next thirty minutes, so I roared at them both and got subbed off the end…… :D

Point is though, if you can see something isn't working, change it.

If you always do what you've always done, you will always get the same results.

If he wants to answer now i don't mind  :grinning:  However i usually judge at the end of the season.... Although i can't find any excuse for such an action.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:33 am

metalhead » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:57 pm wrote:is it possible to play a system that would suit Balotelli nicely?

Why is Rodgers insisting on playing him as a lone striker when he clearly struggles with that role?

Clearly we took a gamble on him and at the moment that's not paying off.
However, when pretty much everyone agrees he can't play up front on his own that's what Brendan keeps on doing - there was a significant difference on Saturday when Lambert played up along side him.
I am not saying Balotelli was a good buy - on the face of it he obviously isn't - but we never looked like scoring until the changes were made against Hull, and he hasn't really had any chance to develop any sort of partnership with Sturridge yet.

In addition, he isn't responsible for our leaky defence nor for the likes of the other new signings not exactly shining either. Markovic has done even less as it stands at the moment.
Last edited by Johnny Boy on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion