MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:24 am

I think Klopp managed this saga badly. This lad should be going nowhere...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:11 am

Not sure mate. Sounds as though Sakho has been given chances by Klopp after his indiscretions but Sakho has continued to make the same mistakes. You simply can't have players continually flouting the rules and not do anything about it as it sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

End of the day, the squad look to have good team spirit and these players are privileged to be playing for a big club and making good money at the same time so at the very least should meet the managers demands when it comes to rules , attitude and application. For Sakho to make the same mistakes even after being given warnings/chances is disrespectable to both Klopp and the club.

Need everyone buying into Klopp's ideas and whatever he requires of the players as it only takes one bad egg for it to spread to others. The best managers quickly move on players who have a blatant disregard for the things they require of the squad (Benitez, Fergie, Maureen  were pretty ruthless).

It's a shame, as Sakho definitely has something about him as a player but if there is an issue with attitude and application when it comes to what Klopp wants both on and off the pitch, I totally understand and back Klopp.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:50 am

Doeboy » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:11 am wrote:Not sure mate. Sounds as though Sakho has been given chances by Klopp after his indiscretions but Sakho has continued to make the same mistakes. You simply can't have players continually flouting the rules and not do anything about it as it sends the wrong message to the rest of the squad.

End of the day, the squad look to have good team spirit and these players are privileged to be playing for a big club and making good money at the same time so at the very least should meet the managers demands when it comes to rules , attitude and application. For Sakho to make the same mistakes even after being given warnings/chances is disrespectable to both Klopp and the club.

Need everyone buying into Klopp's ideas and whatever he requires of the players as it only takes one bad egg for it to spread to others. The best managers quickly move on players who have a blatant disregard for the things they require of the squad (Benitez, Fergie, Maureen  were pretty ruthless).

It's a shame, as Sakho definitely has something about him as a player but if there is an issue with attitude and application when it comes to what Klopp wants both on and off the pitch, I totally understand and back Klopp.

This
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:04 am

Klopp is no idiot. If he knew Sakho would mend his ways or if it wasn't somethig major then he wouldn't have taken this strict stance.
We don't know what really happened behind closed doors but i think it was something about Sakho questioning Klopps authority, well rumoured anyway.
I guess full story will come out from Sakho once he leaves.

Yup like many i agree it's a shame. I was a massive fan of Sakho.
I just wonder how formidable Sakho and Matip would have been.
A brick CB pairing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:58 am

Penguins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:27 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:
Penguins » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:i totally disagree.  You don't pay 18 million for a 4th choice CB at ANY club. Sakho didn't get any playing time and was walking for free the next summer. There was a reason he wasn't playing, be it not good enough, or attitude.
And what if Klopp just gave in a let everyone act in any way they want? Total anarchy. If you ask me it's clear Sakho has attitude problems and you don't get kicked from camp if you aren't doing something very wrong.
And maybe Klopp hit a nerve with Sturridge? I also think Sturridge has shown very poor attitude these past years being lazy on the field not willing to work as all the others are. I don't think Klopp's actions are unfounded at all.

4th choice CB?? What are you smoking? Under BR, he was our 1st choice CB if he's fit and rightly so. Even under JK, before this pre-season bust up happened, he was our 1st or 2nd choice CB. Him and Matip were supposed to be the first choice CB pair and that pairing would have been one of the best in the league...
Last edited by maguskwt on Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:43 pm

Not only would a Sakho/Matip CB pairing have been physically imposing but they are both good on the ball too, Lovren is a good CB and has come on leaps and bounds recently but it has to be said his distribution is pretty indifferent, he's not bad when he plays it short but once he decides to hit it long - forget about it, 9 times out of 10 the opposition will have got the ball back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:27 pm

Seville now have approached Sakho.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:54 pm

Hopefully he goes and we get a decent fee for him. Best for all parties concerned that he moves on this month
Doeboy

Postby Penguins » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 am

[/quote]
4th choice CB?? What are you smoking? Under BR, he was our 1st choice CB if he's fit and rightly so. Even under JK, before this pre-season bust up happened, he was our 1st or 2nd choice CB. Him and Matip were supposed to be the first choice CB pair and that pairing would have been one of the best in the league...[/quote]

Sigh, Sakho was 4th choice CB at PSG. And LFC were morons paying 18 million for a player on the last year on his contract at a club he couldn't get a game. LFC had all the leverage in the world to at least get a good deal and blew it bigtime.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:40 pm

I'm a fan of Sakho but this has been handled correctly by Klopp.

He repeatedly breached club discipline in a short space of time. He took a fat burner without informing the club (players have to let the club know about any supplement they take), turned up late for the teams flight to our pre-season tour, turned up late for a team dinner while on tour, then missed a rehabilitation/treatment session while on tour. And then he topped it off with his snapchat rant aimed at Klopp. He's behaviour at PSG was also poor too even Rodgers had to discipline him more than once.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 pm

I like Sakho and had high hopes for him under Klopp. But sadly he is an idiot. He proved it at PSG and he's done it here.

Pity, because I think with maturity he could have been a future LFC captain. Sadly that won't ever happen and he only has himself to blame. Klopp has handled this right and Sakho has to go. Hopefully we'll make a small profit as there are a few clubs after him. £20m is what's doing the rounds.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 am

20m for a player training with the u23's, my hole, mate...
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:21 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:07 pm wrote:20m for a player training with the u23's, my hole, mate...

To be fair mate he's training with the U23's because of disciplinary issue's not because his performances haven't been good enough. Besides if John Stones is worth £50m, David Luiz £50m and Mangala £32m, £20m for someone like Sakho is a veritable bargain!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:32 am

£20m for an ill disciplined pain in the proverbial is not a bargain. How much would Balotelli be worth if he wasn't an idiot?
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Point being, we will deffo NOT get 20M for him no matter if he's playing with the ressies, the u23's, or sitting on a bench getting piles...
If we get half of that we'll be doing well.
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion