MAMADOU SAKHO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Reg » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:20 pm wrote:We paid 18 million for the lad, he wasn't cheap....

Sakho becomes the Reds' seventh signing of the summer transfer window, joining Luis Alberto, Iago Aspas, Aly Cissokho, Tiago Ilori, Simon Mignolet and Kolo Toure in Brendan Rodgers' squad.

Feck me, Bodger's signed some *****...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:18 pm

I said at the time it was one of the worst signings ever for a 4th cb at his club with 1 year left on his contract....
Screams of desperation or something.
We won't get back more than half at max.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:00 pm

Think he'll stay in the league, but will end up at West Ham or the like. Those type of teams are desperate for a commanding centre back and Sakho would fit the bill, regardless of the fact that his brain is found in the trouser department.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:09 pm

I hope he does attract interest from Premier League teams because thats where the money is, and an inflated market.

With this new transfer set up and Klopp on the job we could get a cracking player in using the cash and Im confident they will be lining up something for January.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:10 pm

Penguins » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:I said at the time it was one of the worst signings ever for a 4th cb at his club with 1 year left on his contract....

Are you talking about Sakho? Sakho was our best CB before his affair with fat burning pills. He still was better than any defender we had last season when he was playing. He screwed up big time in terms of of discipline and you can't do that with Klopp, which is what he found out in the end.

I don't think it was a bad signing at all. In fact, it's a bit of a shame Klopp and him couldn't make up. He would still be very very valuable in the current team. Could even be captain material if for example he gets along with Klopp as much as Lallana does.

Another similar scenario but to a much lesser extent is Sturridge. Klopp kinda called him out on his injury and mental strength, Sturridge didn't like it and responded in the media. Ever since then he's been in Klopp's dog house.

Klopp seems very friendly to players who follow his rules, but once his rules are broken by someone or shows insubordination, Klopp's a feckin dictator alright...
Last edited by maguskwt on Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:12 pm

I'll be sad to see this fella fail with us.

Honestly believe there's a Monster CB somewhere in him.

It's unfortunate that his maturity hasn't kept pace with his potenial.   :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:22 pm

Apparently Ballotelli is inviting him to Nice lol.

I would love to see him stick with us. If only Sakho and Klopp made up.
Adding Sakho to CB gives us more strength and depth for all competitions.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:03 am

Klopp confirms the inevitable end for him, reporte suggest Sakho would like to join either of Milan clubs, I would expect any move would be a loan initially as cant see anyone putting money down off the bat with his record here.

Knowing FSG they will look to recoup the whole fee but I will take a guess at £12m with add ons but we may get nothing if he doesnt settle on loan and keeps moving on our books.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:45 pm

No one to blame but himself. The sooner he goes the better for all parties. He's done here.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:24 pm

It's a pity Sakho couldn't have just got his head down and got on with it, he looked ungainly but his passing out from the back was as good as Alan Hansen's. It seemed like he really bought into the ethos of the club and the city as well.
The only silver lining to this whole rotten episode is that it will send out the message to the rest of our players that Jurgen is not a man to be crossed.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:54 pm

He could have played an important role this season had he kept his head intact.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:05 pm

woof woof ! » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:12 pm wrote:I'll be sad to see this fella fail with us.

Honestly believe there's a Monster CB somewhere in him.

It's unfortunate that his maturity hasn't kept pace with his potenial.   :(

Same with Balotelli unfortunately.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:27 pm

maguskwt » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:
Penguins » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 pm wrote:I said at the time it was one of the worst signings ever for a 4th cb at his club with 1 year left on his contract....

Are you talking about Sakho? Sakho was our best CB before his affair with fat burning pills. He still was better than any defender we had last season when he was playing. He screwed up big time in terms of of discipline and you can't do that with Klopp, which is what he found out in the end.

I don't think it was a bad signing at all. In fact, it's a bit of a shame Klopp and him couldn't make up. He would still be very very valuable in the current team. Could even be captain material if for example he gets along with Klopp as much as Lallana does.

Another similar scenario but to a much lesser extent is Sturridge. Klopp kinda called him out on his injury and mental strength, Sturridge didn't like it and responded in the media. Ever since then he's been in Klopp's dog house.

Klopp seems very friendly to players who follow his rules, but once his rules are broken by someone or shows insubordination, Klopp's a feckin dictator alright...

i totally disagree.  You don't pay 18 million for a 4th choice CB at ANY club. Sakho didn't get any playing time and was walking for free the next summer. There was a reason he wasn't playing, be it not good enough, or attitude.
And what if Klopp just gave in a let everyone act in any way they want? Total anarchy. If you ask me it's clear Sakho has attitude problems and you don't get kicked from camp if you aren't doing something very wrong.
And maybe Klopp hit a nerve with Sturridge? I also think Sturridge has shown very poor attitude these past years being lazy on the field not willing to work as all the others are. I don't think Klopp's actions are unfounded at all.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Linked with a move to Southampton today to replace Fonte I presume.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Im surprised Fonte wants to leave. His 33yrs old and really has not got long left.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion