Luis garcia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby red37 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:43 pm

Just how many Luis Garcia's are there in La Liga?  I know one is a Goalie and one's a Forward....are there anymore?   :D

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:48 pm

Probably.

Garcia is like Murphy for the Irish or Smith (I think) for the english. Very common. Houndred of thousands Garcias in Spain.

It's so common, that many  Garcias take their second surname or just the name as the footy name, otherwise there could be 5 Garcias easily. Alonso instead, is a rare one. Very known because it was the name of the Quixote, but rare in terms of people who have it (well not that rare now that I think of it (Fernando Alonso, etc). But it's more rare than Garcia.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:59 am

yes but how many of em are pro's in La Liga?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:19 am

The Liverpool one, the Espanyol striker, and the Getafe player  :) there used to be more Luis Garcias, but already retired.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 am

Espanyol thats him. cheers.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Anfield rapper » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:40 am

i've always considered him an excellent sub for mid way through the second half of a cup game. Is that enough to warrant a place in our sqaud? I think so.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Raoul » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:57 am

We don't have anyone like him.  I think we've missed  him for all the reasons given by others already.

I get frustrated by him, sure.  I don't like his diving, certainly.  But I remember one game where he was injured after we'd used up all our subs, don't remember when (not this season I'm sure), or who we played, but I remember it was an important game to win.  He got up, dusted himself off, and kept going, despite his injury, he kept putting himself about.

I remember I was impressed by a side of the player I'd not seen before.

I like him, I'd pick him often if I was the gaffer.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:44 am

Judge wrote:should merge this one with the original thread :p

:laugh: Ha Judge proper fumin that someone else started a Garcia topic  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:28 am

Luis Garcia is probably one of if not the most intelligent fooballers at LFC!

I complain as much as anyone else about how many times he looses the ball when making passes.But it has to be said that he does posess excellent vision.
A lot of the times when his passes go amiss it is not his fault or the falut of the teamate..its meerly a lack of understanding.
The players around him know what he can do,but sometimes when he gets the ball...he plays a pass that if it came off would be sublime.usually it does'nt though as know one only Luis knows what he is going to do,he can be guilty of not playing the simple pass but that is part of his individuality,creativity and style!

Its another case of certain players not gelling together as they have not have enough time on the pitch together to become fluent with eachothers game.
Anyone that thinks Luis Garcia is no good needs their head examined...he is a very good and very versatile footballer and an asset to our squad!
66-1120597113

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:13 am

adamnbarrett wrote:The big problem is giving the ball away, especially away from home because you will get punished. Since Luis has been away, our record away from home has been much better.

Adam do you mean just this season with this or are you talking about last season as well ?
Our away form has picked up while Luis has been out mostly because we have played against the sh!te sides in that period, when he was fit we had to play Everton Bolton Chelsea United and possibly Arsenal.
Since his injury we have faced the likes of Watford West Ham and Charlton, that is why form has picked up, nothing to do with Luis, infact imo if he had played in those type of games we probably would have won then even more convincingly.

I know that people will always talk about him giving the ball away, it frustrates everyone, but his goal record from midfield is fantastic and he can score in the big games and different sort of goals.
Put it this way, we have seen him score from outside the area with both his left and his right, not many player are capable.
His header against Fulham i think it was, was also an absolute cracker.
The lad has so much talent and is someone that we are missing alot.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:His header against Fulham i think it was, was also an absolute cracker.

His header against anderlecht!! what a beauty!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion