Luis garcia

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:35 am

Has his uses, just not entirely my cup of tea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:42 am

We've certainly missed him since he's been injured. He is frustrating at times ,but he can change a match in an instant , can't think of to many players in our squad that can do that.

He's what i would call a luxury player, and every team needs one imo and we can afford to have him in our team. He's well worth it imo.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:42 pm

miss him..but doing kinda well without him or could have been better with him around....

Btw wat happen to harry kewell is he coming back ...?!!?
Elchris

Postby KOPMATT » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:19 pm

Judge wrote:trickster or ball waster :D

Bit of both IMO but maybe a bit more of the latter  :D
KOPMATT

Postby Owzat » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:51 pm

I have the stats on our Luis Garcia just not on this pc :( He chips in with some crucial goals, I may even compare him with the great G.Raff!
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:07 pm

There are too many games where he is poor. Yea, he does score the odd goal, but in
a league campaign, I think you need more consistency.

I just think to get to the next level (squad-wise) then Garcia should be
one of those to make way.

Sabre, there are a lot of people at the match frustrated in him.
But then again, it is the Main Stand. :)
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Effes wrote:There are too many games where he is poor. Yea, he does score the odd goal, but in
a league campaign, I think you need more consistency.

I just think to get to the next level (squad-wise) then Garcia should be
one of those to make way.

Sabre, there are a lot of people at the match frustrated in him.
But then again, it is the Main Stand. :)

So squad wise you dont even think he is upto it  ???

I could see your point if you said that he wasnt a first choice cos he probably isnt, but a squad player that can come in for certain games and provide a threat he definately is.

And i'll add this again, he is a BIG GAME player, we dont have many of them.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:36 pm

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:36 pm

luis is both. But what a strike rate when you consider his positional changes. We miss his creativity and for losing the ball, well pennant does that an awful lot and he is being praised just now. I do like luis but believe a title winning side would have to use him sparingly. Europe he is a gem where he creates time and space for himself. But considering we are gonna beat two english clubs to win it then we won't really need him.  :O :p
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:45 pm

should merge this one with the original thread :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:31 pm

Effes, thank you for the insight.

Owzat, I'd love to see that stats of yours, please.

St Michael,

ROTFL  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:35 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:We have missed Luis so much this season.

The point Sabre made about his goals all being from open play is a major one. We have badly missed his goal threat in the second half of the season.
He scores goals with both feet is more than decent in the air, and is the man for the big occasion.

Wish he was fit for the semi's  :(

I didn't make that point really, Bad Bob did months ago, and I realised it's a fact. I had to give the credit to the poster that actually made the point  :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel Luis Garcia has more doubters here than in the Stadium, is that right?

Meaning, those of you who go to the stadium, what comments do you hear about him? are people frustrated? AFAICT he's quite loved, the other day our crowd was singing Luis Garcia he drinks Sangria, which I found it to be a touching gesture.

P.S. Two or three weeks ago or so he was interviewed by Marca, and he said he expected to be for the preseason. I couldn't find the time to translate for some reason, but I'll try to find the interview.

To be honest Sabre, at anfield, he's loved for what he does best but hated for the bad things he does.

The good things he does are very good but the bad things he does are very bad. He isn't a player that can give and average performance, it's either superb or awful.

People get annoyed at the lack of consistency he displays.

People talk about the way he can score from distance but only 1 of about 10 attempts at that go in. He is also one of those players who scores the hard chances and misses the easy ones.

The big problem is giving the ball away, especially away from home because you will get punished. Since Luis has been away, our record away from home has been much better.

But he is one of those players who can just pop up with the odd goal at the vital moment.

I think he's what many would call a 'luxury' player. Although he is very versatile and can slot in anywhere. He is a good squad player.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:44 pm

we've defo missed him - hope he's progress is going well.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:03 pm

What amazes me about luis is his off ball movments! he is a constant threat to defenders and moves in the right time and the right place, i.e arsenal goal and against everton goal.

and for a 5 foot 5 player who isn't physically strong he is very good in the air but  hard for him to keep the ball because maybe thats what he is, he may lose it alot of time but he evens it up with a spectacular goal or the winning goal. We definitely miss him, he is a hard player to mark.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:40 pm

metalhead wrote:What amazes me about luis is his off ball movments! he is a constant threat to defenders and moves in the right time and the right place, i.e arsenal goal and against everton goal.

and for a 5 foot 5 player who isn't physically strong he is very good in the air but  hard for him to keep the ball because maybe thats what he is, he may lose it alot of time but he evens it up with a spectacular goal or the winning goal. We definitely miss him, he is a hard player to mark.

I think that's a good point metalhead.

He loses balls trying to make difficult things, but he doesn't lose it often where a dispossesion can do harm to our team. His off the ball movement makes him very active in the game, he touches a lot of balls between lines and where the opposition is tight, he's a constant nuisance for the oppo.

And for a Spaniard, he does work well when he hasn't the ball.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion