Luis garcia - Trickster and ball waster, available .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:59 pm

Luis Garcia will be missed when he's not here. And in that sense he'll help Liverpool too, as many would pay a big sum for him. I requested a while ago to put him as a second striker, I think a Crouch and Moro or Fowler would be more than happy to play alongside Luis upfront.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:24 pm

dawson99 wrote:cool. i been singing it all day in work, drving people mad, but im only singing the luis garcia, he drinks sangria line :p

I've been singing der der der der der der der der all day in school, also driving people mad  :D
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:57 am

Liverpool - Benitez admits defeat
26 Apr 2006 12:47

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has admitted defeat in his attempts to make Luis Garcia cut out the party tricks in his game.

The former Barcelona player has often been criticised for his tricks and flicks, but has often proved himself to be a matchwinner in the big games.

"You have to accept he is what he is," Benitez said.

"I tried to change him for sure, at Tenerife, but he likes football and he likes to do things on the pitch.

"You can tell other players to pass inside, nice and simple, but he likes to be different. That's good for the supporters to see a player that offers different things.

"He's scored a lot of good goals in the last two season, you can see him giving away easy balls sometimes, but also scoring fantastic goals.

"As a manager you need to have players like him."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:32 am

scoring ball wasting ba'stard :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:19 am

GARCIA DAZZLES AND FRUSTRATES BENITEZ
Daily Post 

RAFAEL BENITEZ has given up any hope of persuading Luis Garcia to tone down the party tricks that often leave Liverpool followers clasping their foreheads in frustration. 

But as long as the Spaniard keeps conjuring up the kind of magic that helped dump Chelsea out of the FA Cup on Saturday, the Anfield manager won't mind a bit.

Garcia enhanced his reputation of being the man for the big occasion with his superlative strike against Jose Mourinho's side that ultimately decided the semi-final contest and earned Liverpool a place in next month's FA Cup final against West Ham United, whom they face in the Premiership at Upton Park this evening.

It evoked memories of Garcia's spectacular goal against Juventus the previous season, and was of course the second time the 27-year-old had proven the difference between Liverpool and Chelsea in cup competitions in the past 12 months.

The goal came shortly after Garcia had blasted a far more presentable opportunity over the crossbar from Steven Gerrard's pass to the howls of anguish from a Liverpool support all too aware of the forward's exasperating ways.

That, though, comes with the territory with the Spaniard. And as his skipper admits: "That's Luis Garcia. He misses the easy ones then puts the hard ones into the top corner from 30 yards.

"But talk about a player who pops up and scores vital goals, there's no-one better. It's not frustrating when he scores them from 30 yards, but it can be when he misses the easy ones."

Benitez shares the frustration of Garcia's team-mates and the Liverpool fans. Indeed, in the build-up to the UEFA Super Cup final with CSKA Moscow in August the Anfield manager was moved to warn his compatriot of the need to concentrate on the basics.

It would be wrong to say that message fell on deaf ears. But persuade Garcia to completely cut out the tricks and flicks? Forget it.

"You have to accept he is what he is," admits Benitez. "I tried to change him, for sure, at Tenerife. But he likes football. He likes to do things on the pitch.

"You can tell other players to pass inside, nice and simple, but he likes to be different. That's good for the supporters to see a player who offers different things.

"He's scored a lot of good goals in the last two seasons. You can see him giving away easy balls sometimes, but also scoring fantastic goals."

Few people are as well placed as Benitez to pass judgement on the enigmatic Garcia. The pair worked together at Tenerife and the Liverpool manager made sure the Spanish schemer was among his first batch of signings when he assumed control at Anfield in the summer of 2004.

Such faith has been rewarded. Garcia netted 13 goals in his debut season in England and, despite a dip in form during the winter, has scored 11 times for Liverpool this campaign, on top of a hat-trick for Spain against Slovakia that secured their World Cup qualification.

"He scored 16 goals for me at Tenerife playing as a left-winger," says Benitez. "He did the same for Atletico Madrid afterwards. He's always scored goals, wherever he's played.

"You can try and change him. He's played really good games sometimes, not giving the ball away, but if a player tries to do different things, you need to accept that it'll be a risk.

"I've told him to try and do them as close as he can to the opponents' box. That way it's less dangerous for us and more difficult for the other team to stop him. He knows that, but I need to keep reminding him - many times.

"If you analyse his career, he's scored almost double figures in every season for each of his clubs. There were 13 goals last season.

"He's always a player from whom you can expect something

different. If you're struggling in a game you can do two things: either send your centre-back up front as a centre-forward, or use Luis Garcia between the lines."

No idea who Benitez could be referring to there. But what's certain is that Garcia is the type of player the Liverpool manager believes is central to continued success at Anfield.

"Luis gives us different options," he says. "As a manager, you need to have players like him. If you need to change the game but you only have one kind of player, you can't change the game.

"He's got a lot of quality and is a different kind of player. He's a player who always tries to do very difficult things out on the pitch. Even if they don't come off, he tries them again. The supporters are sometimes disappointed with him, but he keeps trying.

"You cannot change your form if you don't try things; he always tries something different, and he's not afraid to try. If it doesn't come off, he tries it again."

Garcia has been employed on both flanks during his time at Liverpool but Benitez admits it is playing behind the main striker - as the Spanish schemer was on Saturday - where he makes his greatest contribution.

"It's a more physical game here in England which makes it more difficult for some players, but he's a very clever player," he adds.

"When he plays as a winger, defenders can stand in front of him and watch him, and that makes it difficult.

"But, as a second striker, he makes it harder for defenders because he's very clever and can cause trouble behind centre-backs, move forward and score goals."

Nevertheless, there have been rumours circulating the city recently that perhaps Benitez's patience in his erratic forward has worn thin, with reports from Spain also suggesting a number of clubs are interested in Garcia.

But the Anfield manager insists: "He's a player under contract at this moment, playing well, scoring good goals and I think he's happy here.

"I'm very happy with him. He's playing well - I think all my players can improve and play a little bet better but, in Luis's case, I'm happy."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:01 am

I'm fine with the eye catching tricks..

Cocky little bas'ard.

JUST as long as he scores those beautys. :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:54 pm

aye, just when the pint sized spaniard loses more balls than a baby eating some meatballs, the little swine goes and scores a cracker
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:In a lot of ways he has had a similar season to Cisse, in that he hasn’t started much, when he does he gets subbed, and he is mostly used from the bench. But do you hear any complaints from him, and look at the impact he has had.

I have heard or read somewhere that Garcia COULD be off in the summer, apparently he isnt to happy.

Thats what I read  :sniffle somewhere, on here probably  :D
66-1112520797

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:57 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:In a lot of ways he has had a similar season to Cisse, in that he hasn’t started much, when he does he gets subbed, and he is mostly used from the bench. But do you hear any complaints from him, and look at the impact he has had.

I have heard or read somewhere that Garcia COULD be off in the summer, apparently he isnt to happy.

so it's probably b0llocks then  :D
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:11 pm

red card sud be overturned???
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby Judge » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:32 am

Bamaga man wrote:

you wrote it bamaga initially  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shineshin » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:11 pm

he condition bot too stable ~~~~
but sometime he get many surprise for us u know~~~ :laugh:
like in champion league~long shot~
what word i can describe him is >>>>>>>>>>>crazy~ :D
shineshin

Postby RAGE UK » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:27 am

I like Garcia but.
To see him playacting on the floor just like chelskis Roubbin got my back up big time.
It was Garcia tangling with the hammers lads arm and it was Garcia that elbowed him in the back.
The lad pushed him he did not thump him in the face like he wanted us to believe.
And he went down like a sack of :censored:.
I can’t stand that kind of cheating in any game of football and to see it in our team after all the slagging we give chelski scum as Liverpool supporters we should find a way of letting him know we don’t like it and don’t want it.
so if you are just having a quick look Garcia leve the god dam cheating to chelski ok.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Sabre » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:25 am

RAGE UK, that's a fair comment. In Spain there are lots of that players and Luis Garcia is not the worst of the lot. I too come from a place in where that kind of playacting is not well seen (Don't think you'll ever see that on Alonso or anybody who comes from here, except del Horno, who's a bad actor)

I'm afraid the only solution for this must be more punishment to that kind of attitude from the refs, since that acting is meant to deceive the refs. Both injury aiming aggressions and this things should be punished with a red card.

I just saw a lad of 7 years with a fecking Ronaldinho shirt in the park playing, and when his mate tackled him he was simulating to be injured on the ground. I started to laugh and he couldn't help laughing too. Can't blame him, that's what he sees in TV  :(

In Spain, shamefully some stadiums cheer this kind of things. They see the matter as, "everything is ok to beat the rivals" and that's a fecking shame
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:23 am

Luis Garcia; trickster, ball waster and non FA Cup final participator!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion