Luis garcia....much improved. - I'd keep him, he's quality

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Iceman69 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:55 am

I'm just responding to a lot of peoples posts, or comments on the site since we have signed Luis Garcia.
a lot of people want him out, and think he is a bad signing, but I have to say that recently he has shown some top form, a very intelliget player and can add a lot to the team under Rafa Benitez.

Especially against Everton and Bayer Leverkusen, he was outstanding, very quickfooted, clever, intelligent player.

He is class. especially in the last few games. ok he is a midget, wears size 4's and cant keep a shot from going over the bar to save his life, but he's only 23/24 and is going to improve surely.

Im in favour of him, and think he adds a new dimenson to the team. He is class.

if you want a definition of bad, look at some players that have graced the Anfield turf recently: Danny Murphy, Biscan, Cheyrou etc etc. you have to say Garcia is a step in the right direction. I have total faith in te Boss, as he as told Biscan too he has no future at the club! his eyesdint decieve him! just like the fans.

Hope u can all agree. bigboys  :p
Iceman69

Postby akumaface » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:00 am

Tell us something we don't know.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby MOMO » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:17 am

i like Luis Garcia:D :D
I'm a Chinese girl !!!
I'm glad to meet everyone!!!
MOMO

Postby azriahmad » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:54 am

I fI am not mistaken, I read somewhere that Garcia is already 26, not 23/24.

Anyway, we bought him for 6 million, if we were to let him go, he won't command more than 4 million. He has been much improved of late, though. Hope he can keep this improved performance till the end of the season, then we can pass judgement on him.

Personally, the biggest disappointment IMHO has been Cisse. Way overpriced transaction by Houllier.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:08 am

Houllier must have thought the transaction was in € and not £ :angry: What can we expect from a gut who blew most of the £140M of the club's money.

As with Cisse the player itself, I think he will eventually show us his class...but to what extend I can't tell especially after the horrific injury.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:17 am

GARCIA IS THE MOST TECHNICALLY GIFTED PLAYER WE HAVE.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:25 am

Technically gifted but if not equipped enough to translate those gifts into application will be no use.

Look at Rivaldo. Very gifted, nobody can dispute but very lazy and since he got older, is only good for making spectacular shots. Look at Ronaldinho, small, nimble, utterly skillful, yet has bags of endeavour and commitment. Very suitable for Barcs and the Spanish league but will not have been as effective in the EPL.

Credit to Garcia that he has shown bags of heart of late.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:26 am

to be fair, cisse started out without the most stable of team after moving from the french league. agreed he wasn't showing much at all in his appearances before the injury, but we'll have to see how it goes next season before branding him a flop.  the lad's played something like 10 games? :Oo:

garcia... very much improved! is beginning to play with more confidence and his linking up with the rest much better. above all he actually scores! off you go, kewell...  :p
lfclfclfc

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:37 am

In the case of Cisse, the issue is not whether or not he was or is a flop, it's whether or not we overpaid for him. My own view is that we did overpay, probably by about 8 million or so. Having said all that, he does look as if he has some potential to one day make a player if he recovers his fitness so heres hoping.
As far as Garcia is concerned the case is entirely different in my view. We have bought a player whose goal tally is almost certain to get into double figures from midfield in his first season. We've bought him by triggering a release clause from Barcelona and he was a regular performer in La Liga. Previously he has got into double figures in that league also, once again from midfield. We've paid 6 million quid for him. Overpriced? not in the least, a steal IMHO. I've said before on here that I think he may ultimately prove to be Rafa's best signing in his first season and I am including the aquisition of Alonso in that statement. Can he settle over here? He's already done more in his first season than a lot of really successful players from overseas did. I think he's going to be an absolutely brilliant player for us.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:48 am

if diouf's worth 10m, cisse's 14m!!  :D if drogba's 24m, cisse's...

whether a player is over or under-prices depends on what he produces on the pitch. since he's not been able to do that, it's in the balance, time will tell come next season.  :)
lfclfclfc

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:00 pm

garcia`s game has come on leaps and bounds recently as he has learned to cope with the physical aspect of the league.
being a small bloke anyway and coming from spain where if you fall down you get a free kick, to garcia it would have been a major culture shock.
but being fair he is finding his feet and has already weighed in with a respectable amount of goals for a midfielder.
pires and henry took a while to find their feet in the prem, in fact it took henry six months to score a goal!!

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:31 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:but being fair he is finding his feet and has already weighed in with a respectable amount of goals for a midfielder.

Jeez mate you're a hard taskmaster. Given that he's been injured and that he's a wide-midfielder, his goal tally is very impressive. Duff, Robben, Giggs etc are the players he should be compared to in the scoring charts, and considering he is playing in a (gulp!) probably inferior team, his record stacks up really well. Scores in big games too, not a flat-track bully by any means.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:37 pm

He's done well. He still needs to be stronger on the ball and stop giving it away so much. Lot of room for improvement in his game and if he improves this aspect of his game, along with his finishing, then we have a handy little player on our hands
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:51 pm

RAFABENITEZ I AGREE HE IS THE MOST GIFTED PLAYER WE HAVE AND VERRY IMPORTANT FOR US IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Well he scored for Spain last night as a substitute in the secon-half.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion