Luis garcia - 12 goals this season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:28 pm

Oh for the love of god!

Garcia is proving many people wrong. People like Lawernson etc have said "he's not up for it" or "he's ok, but not top bracket" but 12 goals (so far) in his first season in the Premiership in a side that has been ravaged by injuries speaks for itself.

I think Luis was a victim of his own misfortune in the beginning as he started really well before his form dipped, but he has justified his transfer fee now.

Hopefully Josemi will return to his early season form and give us further options at the back.

However, I don't rate Nunez and I've seen enough to realise he'll never be a top player. Hopefulyl he'll improve to such a point where he is a reasonable squad player who can give us options but frankly I think he lacks quality.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:08 pm

Garcia is now begining to show that he hill will be quality player for years to come i think. He is just the type of player we have been lacking for years now as he always has a trick up his sleave, good technique and flair.

Agree with JBG about Nunez though, deffo not good enough and never will be in my opinion as he has shown nothing to make me think otherwise.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:09 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Hopefully Josemi will return to his early season form and give us further options at the back.

However, I don't rate Nunez and I've seen enough to realise he'll never be a top player. Hopefulyl he'll improve to such a point where he is a reasonable squad player who can give us options but frankly I think he lacks quality.

I agree

I wouldn't write josemi off yet, pretty inconsistent but he looked a good signing at first and has been unlucky with injuries.  Give him another season at least.  However Finnan has been our most consistent player this season after carra so josemi might struggle to get into the side any time soon

Nunez has disappointed me.  Doesn't seem to have any flair or any great pace, which is worrying for a winger.  I'd give him another season to prove himself though
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:09 pm

That fantastic Spaniard Luís García is the FU(KING DOGS ******.

Bloody good player.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:16 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Oh for the love of god!

Garcia is proving many people wrong. People like Lawernson etc have said "he's not up for it" or "he's ok, but not top bracket" but 12 goals (so far) in his first season in the Premiership in a side that has been ravaged by injuries speaks for itself.

I think Luis was a victim of his own misfortune in the beginning as he started really well before his form dipped, but he has justified his transfer fee now.

Hopefully Josemi will return to his early season form and give us further options at the back.

Good post.

It's not only the amount of goals he has scored though, it's the IMPORTANCE of his goals too.

His assists I think have been VERY important also.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:12 pm

Proved me wrong. He is actually having a better 1st season than pires had for arsenal.

A massive bargain for 6 million.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:20 pm

Mick you weren't the only one saying Luis Garcia had class.
115-1073096938

Postby JC_81 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:57 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Mick you weren't the only one saying Luis Garcia had class.

Pretty sure anyone who watched him for barcelona last season knew that.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:05 pm

He reminds me alot of jari litmanen, we really missed a creative player like him under GH soemone who likes to run at defender take them on and gets alot of goals, grcia like litmanen is also verstalile he can play on the left right centre or upfront he has beeen class and will keep scorin goals
Hamza

Postby L-type » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:07 pm

Nunez isn't a bad player would have contributed more goals this campaign if he wasnt constantly denied by a flailing arm.  I've had this happen to me in a game and it leaves me very frustrated and I can understand how Nunez would feel this way when not only is he trying to score goals, but earn a spot in the starting xi.  Giving him time won't help him, he just needs an extended run in the starting team.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:08 pm

The only thing that will help Nunez is a one way ticket back to Spain.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:48 am

He'd have scored more but for dodgy refs and linesmen!!!! The equalliser that never was at Bolton, for e.g.:p

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:00 am

I think Nunez is still having a hard time adjusting to the EPL. I'm sure next season, he will be much better. Although he may not be good enough as the starting eleven but I think he can become a valuable squad player. As for Josemi, I think he simply is too slow to play as RB in the EPL. He should be sold. I'm just curious why Rafa would sell Jon Ostemober?? He seems such a good young player with pace and skill.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:23 am

He has been fantastic and has chipped in with some important goals
we salute you Garcia:D
66-1112520797

Postby Alanay » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:06 am

He's a very fancy type of player. Excellent body movement and skills, but relatively small in size.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion