Loan watch - Season long updates

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm

i see lindfield's gone to chester on loan.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 pm

I think Paul Anderson scored yesterday
JoeTerp

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:39 pm

Liverpool have announced that centre half Jack Hobbs is to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Championship side Scunthorpe United. 
The former Lincoln City defender made his first team debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading in September 2007, and has made five appearances for Rafa Benitez's team this season.

His last appearance for the first team was the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

The 19-year-old reserve team captain joins the Iron who are fighting to stay in the Championship. The loan spell will last until May 5.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:39 pm

Redman in wales wrote:Liverpool have announced that centre half Jack Hobbs is to spend the remainder of the season on loan at Championship side Scunthorpe United. 
The former Lincoln City defender made his first team debut as a last-minute substitute during a 4-2 Carling Cup win at Reading in September 2007, and has made five appearances for Rafa Benitez's team this season.

His last appearance for the first team was the 1-0 Carling Cup defeat by Chelsea.

The 19-year-old reserve team captain joins the Iron who are fighting to stay in the Championship. The loan spell will last until May 5.

This is a good move as far as I'm concerned.

The Championship is far more competitive than the reserve leagues (did you know the Championship is something like the fifth richest league in Europe?) and so he'll be playing a higher standard of football week in, week out. Plus, he'll be playing under the pressure of playing to live crowds which is also good experience.

It may be that all the loan does is prepare him for a move that earns the club a profit elsewhere but other top clubs (both here and in Europe) have been doing that for years and it's about time we caught on.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:03 pm

Saw this coming after we brought in Skrtel.  No one can make their way into our first team without a very solid and impressive stretch of experience somewhere else, unless of course you are as talented as Stevie G, but who knows how Rafa would have handled a player like that if Stevie was 5 or 6 years younger
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Besian Idrizaij, who started this year with a hat trick in 23 minutes in our first friendly wasn't getting any games at Palace, I think I heard something about a falling out with the manager, I think he might have had similar things with the Austrian national set up which is why he wasn't in Canada for the U-20s.  Anyway he is now on loan at Oldham Athletic for the rest of the season
JoeTerp

Postby RedBlood » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:56 am

did any of our boys play this weekend??
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:59 pm

Ressies play at 7:00 PM Pacheco gets the start, but its alongside Brouwer :(   Bruna on the bench hope he plays

Team:

David   Martin
Martin Kelley   (Mikel San Jose)    Huth        Insua
Flynn            Spearing (captain)       Plessis              Putterill
                                   Pacheco
                              Brouwer
Subs: Crowther (hope he plays, havent seen much of him will probably come in for Putterill), Hansen, Ayala, Bruna, Eccelston (happy to see his great U18 form has earned him a chance with the reserves)
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Pacheco scored a great goal and putterill and eccelston both converted penalties to send us top of the reserve league.  The fact that we are top of the reserve league and have a bunch of our better reserve players out on loan and the fact that we have won the last 2 fa youth cups and have beaten arsenal in this years cup, it amazes me that nobody has really come close to sniffing first team football
JoeTerp

Postby username » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:29 am

Paul Anderson was injured last tuesday, donno how serious it was
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 pm

Benitez Decides Against Leto River Loan

River Plate have come up short in their attempts to sign Sebastián Leto on a year-long loan from Liverpool, as Rafael Benitez would rather the left-sided player continued his adaption to the English game.

The Premiership club were initially open to discussions, but Liverpool coach Rafael Benitez decided that Leto would be better off staying in England as he would only have to adapt again if he returned to Argentina for such a period of time.

Liverpool paid £1.85 million to sign the twenty-one year old from Lanus in the summer, but he has only made four appearances so far this season in the Champions League and the Carling Cup and is yet to make his league debut,

Leto himself was said to have been keen to get some regular competitive football under his belt, but will now continue in Liverpool's reserve side as he looks to prove himself worthy of a first-team place.

Looks like Rafa hsn't quite given up hope on Leto yet. Seems as soon as we loan them out these days, rather than getting them much needed experience, it seems like its just a precurser to them leaving.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby RedBlood » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:33 am

seen pacheco for the reserves

he looks like a cerainty to go on to the first team

i also think plesis, insua, san jose, huth, spearing, lookvery promising
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:16 am

nemeth scored again today
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Danny Guthrie has indicated that he would welcome the opportunity to remain at Bolton past the end of the season.

The midfielder is currently on a season-long loan from Liverpool and has settled well at the Reebok following a slow start.

Brought to the club by former boss Sammy Lee he struggled to break into the side at first, but having now made the breakthrough, he has continued to be a regular member of the Trotters first-team since Gary Megson's arrival as manager.

Having made just a handful of appearances during his time at Liverpool Guthrie admits that the opportunity to play in games such as Thursday's Uefa Cup tie with Atletico Madrid have persuaded him that a permanent move to Bolton may be in his best interests.

"A lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but I could see myself staying here," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"However, it's up to people above me to decide what happens.

"I'm sure Liverpool have been monitoring my progress but I haven't spoken to anyone.

"In terms of me staying, it is what the two clubs want to do and then it comes down to me.

"I came to Bolton to play regularly but it's a bonus to play against the likes of Atletico Madrid.

"You can test yourself against different opposition and a different style of play.

"It's been a difficult season but I'm hoping it will end on a good note.

"I'm loving it now. When I first came I wasn't getting too much of a look-in. But I'm involved on a regular basis now."

Guthrie also feels that the recent arrivals during the January transfer window will help to make Bolton's squad stronger and give them a better chance of success both at home and abroad.

"The new players have helped freshen things up," he said.

"It keeps you on your toes, knowing someone is gunning for your position.

"Tomorrow's match (against Atletico Madrid) is a massive one for us and our supporters.

"Hopefully, we can get a good result so we're still in with a chance for the second leg."

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3142647,00.html
....................................................................................

I'd sell him. He's a good premiership player but I don't reckon he'll develop to the standard we'll require of him.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 pm

I think that having Guthrie for free could be valuable to keep at the club because it could allow us the luxury to sell Alonso. They are different types of players with Guthrie fitting more into the Lucas and Gerrard mold.  But he is 20 years old (21 in April) and has already proven that he can play in the prem and has shown that he belongs out there I don't see why he couldn't be used as cover at CM in the 4th slot behind Gerrard, Mascherano and Lucas.  If its true that the two big Spanish clubs are interested in Xabi, it might make sense to deal him and reinvest the money in a wide player
JoeTerp

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion