Liverpool vs. wrexham - How did it go?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:24 am

all i know is the score. if anyone can post a match report or even the goalscorers' name i'd be grateful :alien:  :devil:  :kungfu:  :down:
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:25 am

forgot to mention also that i'm just too lazy to look around the different sites for a report
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:28 am

didn't see the game either... heard on skysports news channel that it we won 2-1 and le tallec got both the goals.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:31 am

le tallec- maybe that means he could be the answer to our midfield problems. anyone know what the first team was? ?????
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:33 am

Biscan had an impressive game, Cisse made his debut and the Boss  was happy with the overall performnace.. ... its a winning start
team :
(1st half): Kirkland, Finnan, Traore, Hyypia, Medjani, Biscan, Welsh, Murphy, Cisse, Kewell, Le Tallec.
   (2nd half): Dudek, Diao, Whitbread, Warnock, Riise, Raven, Potter, Pongolle, Otsemobor, Foy, Le Tallec.

None of the Euro 2004 stars played :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stapo1000 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:45 am

cheers zarababe...

now does anyone now how the following players got on:
cisse, kewell, murphy, finnan.

ANd, JUST ONE LAST THING: who are raven, foy, medjani and warnock? players who came thru the acadamy?
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:45 am

Yeah i keep hearing good things about le tallec... unfortunately he didnt really have as much of an impact last season... still he is only young and can only improve with every game he plays...

the next platini? haha
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:37 am

1. In a match which gave Rafael Benitez his first chance to see his new squad in action, Le Tallec was the only player to play the full 90 minutes. It sounds to me like Rafa was trying to asses whether it is possible to sell baros or owen while keeping the forward relatively stable. One alternative way to obtain some cash.
2. Rafa clearly wanted to see the fringe men, players he had already said would have something to prove to him. Benítez rested the seven players recovering from Euro 2004. Instead of partnering Michael Owen or the rejuvenated Milan Baros, Cissé lined up alongside his compatriot Le Tallec. I like his approach and character. He was more curious to identify his baseline resources -which is a substantial measure, instead of bringing in ("enjoying his new best toys in:") e.g. Owen, Stevie, Baros and playing safely ensuring his new squad wouldn't suffer from defeat.
3. There was still hesitancy in Liverpool's defence. I'm sure, having seen this by his very eyes, He will prioritize his buying in this sector
4. El-Hadji Diouf did not even make the bench in the 21-man squad. It would seem that his Anfield days are numbered to say the least.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:59 am

stapo1000 wrote:cheers zarababe...

now does anyone now how the following players got on:
cisse, kewell, murphy, finnan.

ANd, JUST ONE LAST THING: who are raven, foy, medjani and warnock? players who came thru the acadamy?

houllier signed Medjani.
Foy and Raven are from the U/19's, and Warnock is a reserve player also brought up thru the academy.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:16 am

Did we actually play any different than usual? Bene reckoned he was going to introduce a different style of play to our game, probably more attack minded. 2-1 seems quite disapointing.

not happy now.  :(  :(
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ckay » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:25 am

The result at this stage doesn't bother me. We played with a few unknowns is the team but by all accounts played well. At least he's playing the whole squad and getting a feel for where he needs to strengthen. I'm still happy! This may all change next Tuesday!!!
Last edited by ckay on Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
ckay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:10 am

The result doesn't bother me either, but I was not encouraged by the fact that we went a goal down........ to Wrexham !!!

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby markfaulkneruk » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:12 am

I read somewhere that we played 3-5-2. I guess that would mean Traore and Medjani either side of Hyypia; Biscan't, Welsh and Murphy in central midfield; Kewell and Finnan on the flanks and Le Tallec behind Cisse.

Still, seeing as Benitez played 4-4-2 every time I saw Valencia it doesn't sound right to me. Did anyone see the game and/or know what formation we played and who played where?

Also, I am keen to find out what Medjani is like and how Foy played (I have heard good things about him).

If we play 4-4-2 I think Welsh is a better bet than Hamann as I have always been impressed with him and he seems to get around the pitch more.

My provisisional starting XI:

Kirkland
Finnan
Hyypia
Henchoz
Riise
Le Tallec
Gerrard
Welsh
Kewell
Owen
Cisse

We need a bit more pace at centre-back and probably a more experienced right-winger but it's not a bad team (providing last seasons underachievers play to their pontential and Riise works a little bit more on his defending).
markfaulkneruk

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:47 am

Rafa praised Igor Biscan's display in the win over Wrexham and believes he could have a role to play in midfield next season. He said: "Igor Biscan did well in the first half playing central midfield which is his position. That is a good position for him and I want to see more of him playing there."

:( :(
Please don't wait until he completed 29 matches (like last season) Rafa. :(
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:44 pm

If Biscan comes good as a central midfielder and plays more than 35 games next season on the way to getting player of the year, I promise to run up and down Anfield naked during half time in our last game of the season.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion