LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Toffeehater » Sun May 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:The only thing that suprised me about today is that Newcastle aren't already relegated.

Utter sh*te from top to bottom. If Gerrard, Xabi and Kuyt had brought their shooting boots, they'd be in much worse bother. 10-0 would not have flattered us, and Torres must be kicking himself.

We squandered loads of chances , stevie understandable , he was just coming back from injury . Alonso was superb today as he has been all this season , if he can chip in with a fair few more goals a season it would be better . He can strike a ball , hull last week and was unlucky not to score on both occassions today .

Kuyt , how good has he been this season , has equalled his best record of 14 goals while playing on the wing for majority of the season . No and i mean no other right midfield player has a better goal and assist record than kuyt , don't include ronaldo as he has been taking penalties and has been playing upfront for much of the season
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Just watched that tackle again!!That barton should never have been allowed to play football again anyway,utter fuc,king disgrace of an effort of a man!
I hope I bump into him outside McDonalds sometime so he can feel whats its like to be on the other side of a booting!Kunt!! :nod
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun May 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:The only thing that suprised me about today is that Newcastle aren't already relegated.

Call me sentimental but I really feel sorry for the Barcode supporters. You've got to admire the support the poor b'stards offer their team week in week out despite the dire performances they're offered.

If todays performance is anything to go by yer just know that Newcastle will struggle to get close to even getting out of next seasons championship, which is surely where they're destined to go.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jono » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm

not sure if this has been posted, but lol

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=153391

Newcastle United were condemned to relegation by a biased referee and his clueless assistants on a bleak day at Anfield.

Late on, in the second-half, United midfielder Joey Barton was sent-off for what looked like a forceful challenge on Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Alonso, who has been notorious for being at the heart of sending-offs this season, will undoubtedly be back for Liverpool next week, after putting in the performance of a lifetime at the Reds' home ground. He was stretchered off in the tie, but is it a coincidence that Rafa Benitez was signalling to his replacement Lucas Leiva to get ready to come on - only seconds before Alonso rolled on the ground as if he had been shot in the leg by a .32 calibre weapon? Probably not, but who cares at this point, right?

The Spaniard who is rumoured to be on his way out of Anfield should hop on a plane immediately and look up Executives from Warner Bros. or Universal Studios to further his acting career which has been absolutely stellar so far.

Alonso has been involved in over half-a-dozen sending-offs this season, and it was no surprise that it was him who acted his way into the heart of referee Phil Dowd.

A wonderful performance Xabi, everyone will say. But as a professional footballer - surely, that's not the way.
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:52 pm

jono wrote:not sure if this has been posted, but lol

Newcastle United were condemned to relegation by a biased referee and his clueless assistants on a bleak day at Anfield.

Late on, in the second-half, United midfielder Joey Barton was sent-off for what looked like a forceful challenge on Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Alonso, who has been notorious for being at the heart of sending-offs this season, will undoubtedly be back for Liverpool next week, after putting in the performance of a lifetime at the Reds' home ground. He was stretchered off in the tie, but is it a coincidence that Rafa Benitez was signalling to his replacement Lucas Leiva to get ready to come on - only seconds before Alonso rolled on the ground as if he had been shot in the leg by a .32 calibre weapon? Probably not, but who cares at this point, right?

The Spaniard who is rumoured to be on his way out of Anfield should hop on a plane immediately and look up Executives from Warner Bros. or Universal Studios to further his acting career which has been absolutely stellar so far.

Alonso has been involved in over half-a-dozen sending-offs this season, and it was no surprise that it was him who acted his way into the heart of referee Phil Dowd.

A wonderful performance Xabi, everyone will say. But as a professional footballer - surely, that's not the way.

Who wrote that??It is of no help to anyone!

FFS Shearer even said it as it was after the game..and respect to him for it!
Thats just some dic,k like Legbarnes in a barcode top talking shi'te! :cool:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:01 pm

shearers talk after the game was awesome, give them that. If only all managers had that honesty!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun May 03, 2009 6:03 pm

its a sign of how much Xabi means to us that he's been involved in so many incidents where players have been sent off for tryin to quieten our midfield down. Aint no way he should ever be sold in his current form, the guys more important than G & T in some games, an the 2 shots today could so easily hav seen a true reflection in the scoreline. Gotta be almost as poor a performance from the toon as it was from blackburn - almost spineless.

Fair play to shearer for his sense of humor second half "stayed on the telly......" :D

One day someones gonna break the hearts of the toon supporters an let em know what the rest of the world knows...... they're damned delusional!!!!
Last edited by KennyisGod....still on Sun May 03, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:10 pm

KennyisGod....still wrote:One day someones gonna break the hearts of the toon supporters an let em know what the rest of the world knows...... they're damned delusional!!!!

I dont agree with that mate! i think the Toon Army deserve more than what Ashley has delivered.

I have a massive respect for their fans..I really do!And i also think its sad that a club of that stature with a stadium like that will be playing in the championship next season.

Not a time to mock them mate!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun May 03, 2009 6:15 pm

I agree baz, I'm a Geordie myself, and while I used to laugh at them dropping points and have a bit of football banter with my mates, I can't bring myself to say a word. I can't even begin to understand how they feel in their predicament. I just feel this city will lose a lot if they went, but that's how it goes. Sacking that many managers was always going to be a receipe for disaster. I reckon it was just a matter of time before it all blew up in their faces
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Number 9 wrote:
KennyisGod....still wrote:One day someones gonna break the hearts of the toon supporters an let em know what the rest of the world knows...... they're damned delusional!!!!

I dont agree with that mate! i think the Toon Army deserve more than what Ashley has delivered.

I have a massive respect for their fans..I really do!And i also think its sad that a club of that stature with a stadium like that will be playing in the championship next season.

Can't just blame Ashley though... the players and the managers have to take a fair portion of the blame for this season!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Number 9 wrote:
jono wrote:not sure if this has been posted, but lol

Who wrote that??It is of no help to anyone!

FFS Shearer even said it as it was after the game..and respect to him for it!
Thats just some dic,k like Legbarnes in a barcode top talking shi'te! :cool:

Pretty much spot on.

The poor f*cker still p*sses the bed over thoughts of Xabi's 60-yard lob of Harper t'other season...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun May 03, 2009 6:31 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Call me sentimental but I really feel sorry for the Barcode supporters. You've got to admire the support the poor b'stards offer their team week in week out despite the dire performances they're offered.

If todays performance is anything to go by yer just know that Newcastle will struggle to get close to even getting out of next seasons championship, which is surely where they're destined to go.

Every barcode fan I've met always supports the scum over us.

Let the bleeders drop, I say.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sun May 03, 2009 6:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:

I aint mockin em my friend, jus pointin em in the rite direction. They're an unbelievably loyal bunch of supporters, but thy've been $h1t on for years. The strange thing is evry1 'cept them can see it! It aint a p1$$ take at all.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 03, 2009 7:37 pm

The lad aggers got a shot on him tho hasnt he?
Newcastle were very lucky with this result if it does come down to goal difference.
Weird when you hear since Shearer took over they have had 11 shots or something? Today we had about 27 lol
Just wish wed been playing this way earlier... how the league would have looked then!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 03, 2009 7:39 pm

007 was  watching you yeh Ba,stard,Barton

Dont know when this is from but im in bulk look at Masheranos face, lol an Dirk  :laugh:  :laugh: on a promise. the state of her

HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion