LIVERPOOL VS NEWCASTLE UNITED - Sun  3/5/09 1:30 pm k.o.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 pm

All we can do is keep winning and finish with our heads held high!!!
No team has ever NOT won the premier league by loosing 2 games all season, so If that were to happen to us this year it would prove us the most unluckiest runners-up of the title ever!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:44 pm

just keep plugging away and you never know what might happen, at some point there luck will run out, also if we cant finish first then we need to make sure of second

pity about newcastle but these things happen so we have to focus on are own game and for them what will be will be.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:52 pm

The thing that annoys me about the Mancs run in is that Fergie has his Pawns out there in the shape of Steve Bruce (Wigan) and Mark Hughes (Man City) with those fixtures to come for them. Whatever way the results go in those matches, they will be all cheering at the end of the day.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce & Hughes say in their teamtalks, "Just go out there and take it easy. Pressure is off, because we're playing my favourite team, Man Utd". :angry:

Gauranteed they get 6 points from those 2 games!!!
So we need Middlesboro and Arsenal to beat them imo!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Bermenstein wrote:The thing that annoys me about the Mancs run in is that Fergie has his Pawns out there in the shape of Mark Hughes (Man City) with those fixtures to come for them.

cant see that happening in a derby mate
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maguskwt » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:58 pm

Bermenstein... I will blame you for not starting all the match threads if we don't win the league..  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrPepe » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:59 pm

"unluckiest"? No way.

Our players don't have the experience to realise that a season lasts 38 games.

After we dropped to 2nd, they thought it was all over, heads went and we get stupid results like the boro game.

Hopefuly they realise now that if you keep getting results and stay close, there'll always be a chance to ovrtake. We almost did it this year when the mancs wobbled, but (perhaps) 6 points isn't q close enough...
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Bermenstein wrote:The thing that annoys me about the Mancs run in is that Fergie has his Pawns out there in the shape of Mark Hughes (Man City) with those fixtures to come for them.

cant see that happening in a derby mate

Ok. But Hughes will still have a giggle to himself no matter what.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 pm

I agree Jondoe, not having the qualifier next season will be a massive burden off us. Its a game we usually struggle with so I will be happy not to have to see us in it next season.

Anyway its not over till its over, keep on going and we might just reap the rewards come May. Games are coming thick and fast for the Mancs now, tired legs at the end of the season and the fixtures pile up. Hopefuly they will be a bit tired and it'll hurt them in two or three of their remaining games.

I'm going for 3:0 Torres to get two, Stevie the other :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:03 pm

Our squad is not good enough , our fullbacks are obvious weakness , mainly the right , left is sorted at least for another season insua and aurelio there . We have done remarkably well to be where we are and in fact i'm proud that our title challenge has lasted the whole season and we were leading the premier league till the new year . 2 or 3 more quality signings and we will be right up there
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:05 pm

DrPepe wrote:"unluckiest"? No way.

Our players don't have the experience to realise that a season lasts 38 games.

After we dropped to 2nd, they thought it was all over, heads went and we get stupid results like the boro game.

Hopefuly they realise now that if you keep getting results and stay close, there'll always be a chance to ovrtake. We almost did it this year when the mancs wobbled, but (perhaps) 6 points isn't q close enough...

I said "Unluckiest" in relation to the fact that if we are to finish the season loosing just "2 Games", seen that any other team to loose only "2 games" in a season, went on to win the title.

So hypothetically if we are the first team NOT to the Premier League, loosing just 2 games, then YES, we would be the unluckiest runners-up!!!!!
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby DrPepe » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Still don't think "unluckiest" is the right word! :D

Maybe "naïve" would be more applicable

"unlucky"  suggests that those draws / defeats were out of our hands.

4th to 1st is a big big difficult jump for a team without title challenge experience
"If I put a player in another position, suddenly 20 experts are going on about it. Experts of what, though? I don't know." - Rafa
DrPepe
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:14 pm

sad isnt it? but im sure in many eyes, not just liverpool fans, we deserve the title. so if we were to end up 2nd, id be devastated but only because the scums would have equaled our record of 18 titles (though im still defiant we have 19!). IMO the players are champions already.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby BlooD1985 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:42 pm

Although i'm new in the forum i can say that i have heard about the Bermensteins special match threads   :D
keep it up! :p
BlooD1985

Postby BlooD1985 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Reina

Arbeloa   Agger          Carra            Insua

Mascherano

Kuyt       Alonso     Lucas(?)  Benyaoun

Torres

:buttrock
Last edited by BlooD1985 on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlooD1985

Postby Zidane » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Looks like I'll be able to watch this one. :)
Zidane

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion