Get a grip please people - Doom gloom and more gloom

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:29 pm

I agree with Leon, ok we didn't play well lastnight but we went through, we played bad but still only got beat 0-1 which isn't that bad, at the end of the day we have a new manager and the team is adjusting, we need to give them time!

I just can't wait to see Josemi, Luis Garcia and Alonso play in the same team cos these guys are great signings and I'm SURE they will deliver :cool:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:31 pm

A.B. wrote:I am very disapointed in some of the Liverpool fans. Norwich City fans have more faith in their club than we do at the moment. We play one game poorely and 75% of you state that we can not come in the top 3 of the Premiership. But if we won last night, the ones who lost faith would had been saying that we would be #1 this season, bunch of hypocrites.

You either stick with one thing or you don't. Get a ******-i-n-g grip on your selves. Losing one game does not mean the end of the world.

a)we qualified, we beat Gratz in the first leg showing that we were better than them. last nights performance was just lack of concentration and possession of the ball
b)we did not lose a game in the Premiership, so we didn't lose any points that would had affected us later on.
c)we have great talent at our squad: Josemi,Alonso,Garcia,Nunez,Gerrard,Baros,Cisse,Hyypia,Carragher,Riise.
d)too much critisizing of the players, everyone seems to make a villian out of a player after every game even if we perform very well. Dudek made mistakes, yes and your point is what exactly? Every goalkeeper in the Premiership has made mistakes that let to a goal, the only reason their squad won at the end was because of their offence. ex: Arsenal

Basicaly, I agree with Leon. I will never lose faith in Liverpool, no matter what the circumstance is.

Well said A.B. That's why I am getting fed up of some people moan moan moan moan moan moan all the time. They are not real Liverpool supporters because they want to win all the time.
The real Liverpool supporters always being patient and always keep faith in their club.

If you don't like it, then p1ss off and find another club that you like!!

It is not end of the world after we lost the game. Football is Football, for f**k sake!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:35 pm

Paul C wrote:I just can't wait to see Josemi, Luis Garcia and Alonso play in the same team cos these guys are great signings and I'm SURE they will deliver :cool:

I can not wait either, just waiting for Sunday to come already.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:48 pm

I have booked the day off work especially to enjoy this one :)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:25 am

What I would say in my defence (I was one of those disapointed) is that so few sides in europe have ever come to anfield and won a game. The thought of walking down the tunnel in liverpool used to strike terror into the hearts of other players. Will it offer any fear to the likes of A.C., Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich now after watching an abysmal performance against a second rate team in the competition. Whether we needed to win or not, we have now lost the psycholgical advantage that anfield would have given us. ???
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:48 am

Alonso and Garica will striker fear in Real Madrids hearts, we will improve after this poor performance. Just watch the game against Bolton.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:54 am

I was disappointed too but not so much in the negative reaction which is to be expected after such a lack lustre performance but the amount of posts which implied it was all Houlliers fault !!! :O
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:07 am

I do agree with Leon on how quickly those doom merchant start predicting our downfall after just one bad game. I believe Rafa is the correct choice for us as he brings the right mentality to this club and many players respected him for that. Surely his message to the team after the game will be very different to the one given usually given out by GH and many players will start feeling the heat if they think they are "indispensable"

...however I do not agree with Leon that "it's OK to lose the game, not played well etc etc when what we want was to qualify" and expect us to progress and match Arsenal someday soon. We might not match Arsenal this season but look at their attitute...their players just refuse to accept being beaten, whether it is a cup game, league or in Europe. This is the exact mentality that carried them thus far. IF we start to accept "it's OK" type of attitute, we might as well keep Houllier here because he will guarantee to confuse even the most critical of supporters.

C'mon guys...yesterday's result (I didn't catch the game) with another opposition in another day will surely spelled the end of our Euro campaign. We lost, (and from what I heard) put in a bad performance and got beaten by a third rated team at home. That's a fact and many fans are dissapointed. Now a good performance this weekend and we will be singing a different tune once again.

C'mon you Reds!
Last edited by Santa on Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:20 am

I wouldn't call Gratz a third rate team, they managed to knock out Ajax last year.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:43 am

OK whatever, but my point being although it's still earlier days in the so-called "Rafa-lution" we should adopt a winning mentality all the way through. Being satisfied with losing to another team (whomever they may be) or merely scraping through is not something we should shout about. However, those who want to criticice the team better do it constructively, rather than going for heads. I am sure Rafa's teamtalk after the match should sink in loud and clear to the under-performers. At least Rafa do not attempt to hide his dissapointment and take responsibiltity of the bad peformance.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:21 am

Santa wrote:At least Rafa do not attempt to hide his dissapointment and take responsibiltity of the bad peformance.

Yes this was a very pleasing aspect of the result for me having a boss who leads from the front
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:22 am

I agree with Leon in some aspects but Santa has it spot on. Negative criticism from "fans" is never helpful, those who like to find scapegoats for a poor performance or pin it all the manager or the goalkeeper are a) Unhelpful b) Nearly always wrong and c) Not blessed with much football knowledge.
Constructive criticism on the other hand, based on FACTS as opposed to ill informed and ignorant opinion is valuable and can only help.
Fact is I was disappointed last night, we did not play overly well but there were reasons for that. Injuries, players being rested or cup tied meant we had an inexperienced team out there who had never played as an 11 in competitive football ever before, it is no surprise we lost to a decent side like Graz.
As an after thought, Santa also has it spot on about Arsenal, they are the biggest threat this year and always been big rivals but I cannot help but admire them...their attitude is second to none and watching them tear defences apart is great to watch (as long as it ain't ours!!!!) Before I get slagged for praising the Gooners I am convinced that Raffa is going to instill the same mentality for us and I cannot wait for us to be up there with em and eventually beyond!!!!
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:29 am

I think 'fans' give negative criticism to vent frustration, I don't know about anyone else but I feel gutted that after GH's '5 year plan' we aren't any closer to the top than when Evans was incharge, I just want the Reds to be back at the top again after being in the shadow of Man U and Arsenal for so long :(

Still no excuse for boo boys though :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:48 am

I agree with santa.  It should never be ok to say 'oh we lost but its ok.'  because its not ok.  We don't WANT to lose, even if we still qualify.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:27 am

Dont see what all the fuss is me self, everyone knows how bad we were from the fans to the manager and if your not gonna perform well then at least it was in a game that was already won in the first leg, 1 bad game doesnt make a bad team.....and i have a little feelin that bolton might be on the end of a Benitez backlash on Sunday!

Alonso first goal,reds to win 3-0
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion