Whats with all the doom and gloom

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redbilly1960 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:34 am

You would think we had just lost the final after leading 3-0 at half time. As they say its only half time and second half we are kicking into the Kop.
I have every faith in Rafa and the team that they will give 100% on Tuesday we can't expect any more.
Lets remember Chelsea are Premiership Champions and this season they are in the top two in the country.
Last night was there chance to get a foot into the final and to be honest 1-0 only gets them a toe in the final and not even the big toe. Without Drogba they would have looked very ordinary.

WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR NEXT WEEK AND PEOPLE POSTING HERE NEED TO BE MORE POSITIVE AND KEEP THE FAITH..................IN RAFA WE TRUST
"I was only in the game for the love of football-and I wanted to bring back happiness to the people of Liverpool"
                                                                Bill Shankly
Justice for the 96
Redbilly1960

Postby duk » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:45 am

[quote]Without Drogba they would have looked very ordinary

we looked less than ordinary

that said it's not doom and gloom i agree
if we can score 3 in 6 minutes we can score a couple in 90
can't wait till tuesday
C'MON YOU REDS!
duk

Postby Mikz » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:06 am

Probably do have a point there brother, there is still a very good chance for us next week.
The doom and gloom for me was the performance. It was the semi final of the champions league for goodness sake,  and it was like 11 robots on the pitch and not one could do that 'something special.'
Sometimes you can only play as well as your opponents allow ya, but next week as you say is a different kettle of fish.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:22 am

you're right, too much pessimism. Last night wasn't good, but it's half time, and we need 2 to win, we have the best home defence, just hope Rafa sets us up to overrun them, Gerrard central, Hypia for Drogba, Sissoko to destroy. Most importantly we need to close the FU(KERS down so they can't pump the balls to Drogba. Wimbledon in disguise.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:39 am

Good shout redbilly1960.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:41 am

We've passed much harder tests than next tuesday. If it wasn't for Pepe though it could have been much worse. Still, it wasn't and now we know what we have to do and we'll all make the push for Athens and the chance to play for number six.

Not even going to complain about the lack of intellegence and creativity in the final thrid because it's common knowledge, instead I'll rest in the knowledge that we have at least a decent amount of money now to make things happen for players. Some have moaned about Zendens inclusion but for me he was the sensible option, experienced and I think Gonzalez may have bottled it a little had he been thrown in, Riise did we know that.

Drogba deserves f#ck all respect so dont give it too him, get into him, battle and give him reason to be on the floor. That tw@t won everything last night, including an oscar for most dramatic death on the touchline.

The players know what required, the fans know whats needed.

Get it done.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby The Red Baron » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:35 pm

At the srart of the season if we were offered,A European Cup semi final,1-0 defeat. In the first leg with the 2nd leg at Anfield would you have taken it,Iwould.
You don't appreciate a lot of stuff in school until you get older.
Little things like being spanked every day by a middle-aged woman.Stuff you pay good money for later in llife
The Red Baron
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:40 pm

just a quick question......if we manage  1-0 at full time then it goes to extra time, we score 1 and then they score 1 and extra time finishes......does it mean they will go through on away goals? or do away goals not count in extra time....?
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:46 pm

kunilson wrote:just a quick question......if we manage  1-0 at full time then it goes to extra time, we score 1 and then they score 1 and extra time finishes......does it mean they will go through on away goals? or do away goals not count in extra time....?

don't count
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:16 pm

Redbilly1960 wrote:You would think we had just lost the final after leading 3-0 at half time. As they say its only half time and second half we are kicking into the Kop.
I have every faith in Rafa and the team that they will give 100% on Tuesday we can't expect any more.
Lets remember Chelsea are Premiership Champions and this season they are in the top two in the country.
Last night was there chance to get a foot into the final and to be honest 1-0 only gets them a toe in the final and not even the big toe. Without Drogba they would have looked very ordinary.

WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR NEXT WEEK AND PEOPLE POSTING HERE NEED TO BE MORE POSITIVE AND KEEP THE FAITH..................IN RAFA WE TRUST

Well said!!! Totally agree!
YNWA
KOPMATT

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:03 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
kunilson wrote:just a quick question......if we manage  1-0 at full time then it goes to extra time, we score 1 and then they score 1 and extra time finishes......does it mean they will go through on away goals? or do away goals not count in extra time....?

don't count

You sure? I thought they did. Would it go to pens then?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:15 pm

Article 5, point 01..

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/19071.pdf

"if the two teams score the same number of goals at home and away, extra time of two periods of 15 minutes shall be played at the end of the second leg. If, during extra time, both teams score the same number of goals, away goals count double (i.e.: the visiting team qualifies)."
ivor_the_injun

Postby zarababe » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:17 pm

After a day of feeling relatively low, we havn't lost in ages and in the CL havn't fallen behind (have we?) - it feels strange being a goal down.

Tuesday can't come quick enough.

The performance was disappointing - but I feel there is almost an invetibility about going to SB and losing - call it a complex or barrier, we somehow do.

Anfield is a different propostion

I'm confident that we can put in the perfromance required and the effort to turn this around - I believe

GET IN THERE REDMEN !
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:43 pm

stmichael wrote:Drogba deserves f#ck all respect so dont give it too him, get into him, battle and give him reason to be on the floor. That tw@t won everything last night, including an oscar for most dramatic death on the touchline.

LOL

Spot on there!

I have NEVER seen such a big f'ckin fairy on a pitch in all my puff! I mean, what size is this fella? 6ft 3 or something and built like a brick shitter.

Loved how Aggar told him to get up and made the "dry your eyes" gesture to his face and pushed him away. I'm not normally like this, but I want to see someone go through that :censored: like a freight train and hit him wher it hurts so that he knows what it feels like to be tackled and really hurt! He should wear a skirt and some ballerina slippers. Ponce!

Now, back to topic issues here: I fear for the worst, I'm afraid. At the whistle, I was like "I'm not botherd - we'll beat them. They're out!". But going on past encounters with them, it's not going to be so simple to even score against them. I hope I'm wrong. My main fear is that they could score against us and that would be that. We've got to be clinical in front of the net and it's as simple as that, though getting in front of the net is another thing. One goal is enough. WE MUST NOT CONCEDE!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Our wings are still the key. Ashley Cole isn't having the best season, and Ferreira looks very ordinary to me at the moment. If we keep going at the full backs, we'll definitely get joy, but we need a bit more dynamism than Zenden offered.

Chelsea are definitely favourites now, no question at all, as they are more than capable of nicking a goal against the run of play. That said, I think with a more confident performance we are definitely able to put goals in against them.
ivor_the_injun

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion