Liverpool's best current 11

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 am

Well for me Riera is absolutely vital in the side... We lack width and him and Johnson are the only 2 in the side capable of providing natural width down the flanks.. The 2 wide positions upfront are pretty much the only 2 spots up for grabs at the moment, with our CBs and benchwarmers being the main worry for the time being with everyone fit...

Johnson          Carragher            Agger            Aurelio

Mascherano

Benny             Aquilani            Gerrard             Riera

Torres

If Rafa wants to stick to the one upfront formation, we'll need to bring in a top top winger capable of providing goals and making a difference... Kuyt and Riera both lack in certain departments and while Yossi has been impressive and has tons of quality, he's far too inconsistent to be relied on over the course of a season...  This lineup leaves us with

backup FW: Kuyt
backup RW: Babel
backup LW: Dossena
Backup CM: Lucas
backup RB: Degen
backup LB: Insua
backup CB: Skrtel
backup GK: Cavalieri

Problem is, we need more presence inside and around the opposition box especially with Gerrard playing a little deeper to cover for Aquilani.. Essentially that means that the likes of Riera, Benny (or Kuyt) and Aquilani need to start getting themselves in advanced positions more often when we get on the ball ... I think we can do better, someone like Henry, Silva, Mata, Robben..etc playing down the flank would stretch opposition backlines and would give us more time and space on the ball to commit more bodies forward rather than have Torres isolated...

For me, a right winger and a top CB are needed to get our starting 11 sorted at both ends... backup FW i expect us to sort out in January... Hopefully when adding new players to the side, we wont have to sell our important players
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:47 am

so Mr. Benny The Noon, wasn't our formation at Pompey exactly what I have been mentioning in this thread ? ???
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Waldo » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:39 am

You can't include Aquilani in the best XI as no one has a clue how good he is. With the suspension of Mascherano maybe we will finally get to see the guy play a bit.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:14 pm

aCe' wrote:Well for me Riera is absolutely vital in the side... We lack width and him and Johnson are the only 2 in the side capable of providing natural width down the flanks.. The 2 wide positions upfront are pretty much the only 2 spots up for grabs at the moment, with our CBs and benchwarmers being the main worry for the time being with everyone fit...

Mascherano

Torres

If Rafa wants to stick to the one upfront formation, we'll need to bring in a top top winger capable of providing goals and making a difference... Kuyt and Riera both lack in certain departments and while Yossi has been impressive and has tons of quality, he's far too inconsistent to be relied on over the course of a season...  This lineup leaves us with

Problem is, we need more presence inside and around the opposition box especially with Gerrard playing a little deeper to cover for Aquilani.. Essentially that means that the likes of Riera, Benny (or Kuyt) and Aquilani need to start getting themselves in advanced positions more often when we get on the ball ... I think we can do better, someone like Henry, Silva, Mata, Robben..etc playing down the flank would stretch opposition backlines and would give us more time and space on the ball to commit more bodies forward rather than have Torres isolated...

For me, a right winger and a top CB are needed to get our starting 11 sorted at both ends... backup FW i expect us to sort out in January... Hopefully when adding new players to the side, we wont have to sell our important players

I quite like this line up, however until aquaman proves himself I would put Babel up front with Torres.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:42 am

Boocity wrote:
aCe' wrote:Well for me Riera is absolutely vital in the side... We lack width and him and Johnson are the only 2 in the side capable of providing natural width down the flanks.. The 2 wide positions upfront are pretty much the only 2 spots up for grabs at the moment, with our CBs and benchwarmers being the main worry for the time being with everyone fit...

Mascherano

Torres

I quite like this line up, however until aquaman proves himself I would put Babel up front with Torres.

...yeah proven and experienced premiership quality Ryan Babel.  :laugh:
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:09 am

Festy wrote:
Boocity wrote:

Mascherano

Torres

...yeah proven and experienced premiership quality Ryan Babel.  :laugh:

Yes proven and experienced premiership quality Aquilani  :rasp
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion