Waiting list for season tickets - How to get on it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Woollyback » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:46 am

A very good read, helps me to reinforce my opinion of idiots like marklfc
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:51 am

Absolute Top Read, in fact I'm going to give it it's own thread. :)
jonnymac1979

Postby Dalglish » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:03 am

Woollyback wrote:A very good read, helps me to reinforce my opinion of idiots like marklfc

Al ? you needed it reinforcing ?   ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:10 am

Again, in case marklfc comes back and misses it.

What about it?  I was just saying if you do that, you might get a ticket.

I want you to read something Mark.  It's from RAWK, by Paul Tomkins, an OOTer by confession, but a celebrity internet writer.  Not a wind up, just want to see if you can post an intelligent answer.

Why do we have to justify ourselves to fellow Reds? Is there some eternally-damning judgment awaiting us on our passing (from this mortal coil, I mean –– not on our ability to chip the ball to a teammate), like St Peter at the Pearly Gates, where we won't be allowed admission into Football Heaven unless we've conformed to the role of 'fan' as dictated by some self-deified Burberry-clad hoolie who will instead opt to send us to hell. (Or in other words, to Goodison Park every week).

If any of this makes me less of a fan –– or not even a real fan –– in your eyes, then so be it. I really couldn't give a toss anymore about such pathetic distinctions. At the end of the day (and no football discussion is complete without that phrase) I support Liverpool for me –– not for anyone else. Just as everyone should support the club in their own unique way.

Now answer that please Mark.  Why do OOTers have to answer to anyone? 

I repeat, not a wind up.  Answer the questions Paul Tomkins asks.
jonnymac1979

Postby bigmick » Sat Mar 05, 2005 9:24 am

Jeez what a talent. The ability to encapsulate feelings in words with such power is a rare gift. You just know he's a top bloke as well, drinking buddy material. I never really got into "fever pitch" though God knows I tried about three times (perhaps it was its Arsenal roots, who knows) but I'll definately give this fellas book a go. Top man. BTW top work John for consistently putting the guy in the spotlight on here, a lot of us would never had heard of him otherwise.
As for Mark, he won't answer purely because there isn't one. My hunch is that his Dad is a constant and passionate critic of OOTers and the young fella has merely done what we all did at his age, namely accepted blindly what his Dad told him. The road to Damascus is a long and treacherous one and my hope is that even old Dappie can discover its origin and find the will to walk on down it.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:52 pm

Tomkins articles articles are absolutely fantastic and i'm sure his book will be something special. I will certainly be getting myself a copy.

As for Dappie - He really is a lost cause without the wit or intelligence to reply to the quote Jonny put up on here. He also seems to forget that most of us start following a football team somewhere between 4-8 years old. How many kids in Devon even know Exeter City have a football team?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:55 pm

i logged off before that piece about the gloryhunter, my arguement or question rather is why the ooters support us and not the other teams that are actually within a few miles of their house(with the exception of ab, cos americans are thick)

the d1ckheads on this board are trying to out do each other by saying how much they love this article(because it helps justify to themselves why dont support their local team, and that they know Fook all about liverpool and dont even bother to go the games)
109-1105722616

Postby dawson99 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:57 pm

marklfc... im yawning as i read your pathetic attempts to annoy us. When you hit puberty (that may be awhile) u will realise that football is not based on geography, its based on passion. You, are a numpty, which is worse than any ooter, so put that in your pipe and smoke it mister
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:35 pm

marklfc wrote:i logged off before that piece about the gloryhunter, my arguement or question rather is why the ooters support us and not the other teams that are actually within a few miles of their house.

Most people start supporting a team from as young 3-4 years old Mark. There's no rule book that tells them to support the nearest team to their house - Or is there? Most kids will support the same team as their dad, in fact they don't really have much choice in this. I don't have any kids but when i do, you can guarantee they will wearing Mersey red before they can walk. How else do you think the club still sell so many junior kits outside of Liverpool?

I live in Winchester on the south coast but i grew up in Southampton. I guess i should be a Saints fan and it sure would be easier driving the 15 miles to watch them at St.Mary's rather than the 400 mile round-trip i take to Anfield a few times a season. But you don't think about this stuff when your a jkid Mark. My old man hated footy and my uncle lived in Liverpool till i was 12. He got me the kit, autographs, took me to a game and the rest is history and now i have to put up with insular small-minded idiots like yourself preaching the same codsh.it over an over.

It's pretty clear you get off on being controversial but please. Won't you change the record?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:52 pm

marklfc wrote:the d1ckheads on this board are trying to out do each other by saying how much they love this article(because it helps justify to themselves why dont support their local team, and that they know Fook all about liverpool and dont even bother to go the games)

There's only one d!ckhead on this board, "The Pioneer"

Answer the question intelligently, without using your catchphrase.
jonnymac1979

Postby red187 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:09 pm

I come from northern ireland,there is nothing better than going to anfield & getting some banter going with other fans that is purely football related, how many liverpool supports from liverpool go to home games cause if they all did OOTers like myself would never get the chance to see a match at anfield
red187

Postby bigmick » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:27 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:There's only one d!ckhead on this board, "The Pioneer"

Feck me John, I never got that Dapioneer nonsense. You're right, da pioneer, "the" pioneer. Interesting.
Still a bag of sh!te though.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:27 pm

dawson99 wrote:marklfc... im yawning as i read your pathetic attempts to annoy us. When you hit puberty (that may be awhile) u will realise that football is not based on geography, its based on passion. You, are a numpty, which is worse than any ooter, so put that in your pipe and smoke it mister

i understand that passion is the most important thing but if you are only 3 or 4 when you start supporting a team, were is the passion for the team.  for me it just makes logical sense to go and support your local team
109-1105722616

Postby Ciggy » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:29 pm

marklfc wrote:
dawson99 wrote:marklfc... im yawning as i read your pathetic attempts to annoy us. When you hit puberty (that may be awhile) u will realise that football is not based on geography, its based on passion. You, are a numpty, which is worse than any ooter, so put that in your pipe and smoke it mister

i understand that passion is the most important thing but if you are only 3 or 4 when you start supporting a team, were is the passion for the team.  for me it just makes logical sense to go and support your local team

Wheres the f@ckin passion from the team :angry:  tell me that?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1105722616 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:43 pm

i agree, there is no commitment and no fight (except from jamie, who the P.A at cardiff kept on calling james)
109-1105722616

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion